Rubix's Shinki collection/reviews

For showing off your Busou Shinki & MMS toys

Moderators: Deviant Anomaly, halconfenix

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Re: Rubix's Shinki collection/reviews

Post by rubixbox » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Hylian Pirate wrote:I really love Werkstra's winged mode. Very cool. In fact, I may have to try that out... I personally believe that angels should have wings, you know?
Glad you like it.
Wings, eh? Ask and you shall recieve:
The wings are from some mecha model kit. Not sure of the name, but it's not a Gundam.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:22 pm

zegapain model kits i think....

with those wings werkstra reminds me a lot of Rei Ayanami in god mode.... or something like that....

rubixbox
Class S Shinki

Post by rubixbox » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:49 pm

One last Welkstra picture. I know any Evangelion fans will get a kick out of this:

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:39 pm

woaahhh thats a nice weapon :O
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

rubixbox
Class S Shinki

Rockin' around the christmas tree

Post by rubixbox » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:57 am

Happy holidays, everyone! Since it's around christmas time (One or two days later counts as "around", right? :D ) I've gotten a few things, most notably, a certain japanese punk rocker gynoid (That's a female android for the rest of you) by the name of Baby Razz.
So, second Shinki, second review, let's go.

Unfortunately, I can't be professional this time, since I don't have the box. It's basically Welkstra's box, but:
  • It's bigger
  • It has Baby Razz (No kidding)
  • The advertisement for Battle Rondo has Ach and Yda
  • On the left-hand side, there are more pictures of Razz's armor gimmicks
In addition, there's a backstory for the Busou Shinki line on the back of the box. I am not kidding when I say it's the same "People running around fighting each other using powerful beings with human-level intelligence" plot that anime like Pokemon and Fate Stay Night capitalize on. Actually, that's not the only thing this line uses; anyone notice that Partio looks like Pikachu?

So let's get to Baby Razz, who I'm sure you're reading this for :P :

Several things to comment on at once here. First, the MMS3 body:
This is obviously a new type of body that Shinki-kind will use from this point on. It doesn't require the annoying-to-lose spacers that older figures have (But still uses them if you wish to make your girls taller), and seems to be more posable. The chest has been redesigned too- the chest plate has been exchanged for a "vest" that goes over the torso rather than popping into a socket, much like the infamous Yoko that some people own. As an aside, MMS 3 Shinkis don't have squishy chests; the "vests" are made of a hard, but slightly bendy plastic.

Next, the MMS Small:

I'll admit, this is what I thought I was getting when I ordered Welkstra. The MMS Small body is exactly that; a shorter model of Shinki (About two-thirds the height, so maybe four inches tall). Baby Razz is still taller than BRS (And maybe most Figma, but I couldn't judge), but is shorter than pre-Partio/Pomock Shinkis. Also, I think it depends on the figure in question, but I think she can tower over the Revoltechs.

Finally, Shinki clothing:
A couple waves of Shinki have eschewed armor in favor of clothing. So far, Zyrdaria, Juvisy, Kohiru, and Melienda all use this gimmick. It works better on the latter two, since A) they're MMS 3 models, which means they're tops don't open in the back, and B), their armaments are better integrated into their clothes, as opposed to the giant backpacks of the Flower girls (not that that's a bad thing).

I'd like to say that I love how Miss Razz is designed. Her design mixes a gothic lolita theme with a feel that she actually IS a robot. I especially like the headgear, the wiring, the skirt, and the boots (which I've nicknamed mankillers, since it looks like it would hurt if she ever kicked someone ^_^ ).

As a heavy-armored Shinki, Baby Razz has quite the collection of parts. Most are used for the Armor (And the alternate mode which one could probably figure out by themselves what it is) , with a few extra effect parts for the little rock star herself. But I draw your attention to this set of parts:

In addition to the usual armor gimmickrey (Combining armor, alternate forms, and the armor's overall theme) Baby Razz and her bigger sister, wavemate Sharatang, have lights integrated in their armor. The gimmick is that one inserts the key (the clear, pick-shaped object near the top) into a slot in the large battery pack and turn them. I honestly don't see the point to this; since when do Shinkis need electronic gimmick when they've got an online game, a PSP title, and a quick cameo in Otomedius?

Now let's see the armored-up mode:
Baby Razz's headgear has two modes: This one, that uses the cymbals, and the more common mode, which plugs the lights into the sockets in her head.

Back (using the other headgear):
The armor is really nothing special; just putting the pieces together and attaching the resulting structure to a socket on Razz's back. I don't really like it, as it kind of clashes with her whole gothic theme.

Probably should have talked about this earlier, but let's focus on the weapons. As a Type Electric Guitar, you'd expect Baby Razz to use a Guitar as her weapon. Turns out, she has TWO: A Guntar and a Bass Axe.
The Guntar is the more interesting of the two IMO, maybe it's because it's a GUITAR THAT'S ALSO A GUN. :D You'd think it works by the Power of Rock (play a few power chords to fire), but the designer kind of ruined this by giving it a trigger. :P
Both the Guntar and the axe can be attached to Baby Razz's skirt by the front, but it doesn't look natural to me.

The axe is literally a Bass with a large blade strapped to it. It's still a creative weapon, but the guitar itself is kind of bland, although the blade can pivot forward:

Finally, the armor's other big feature: Say hello to performance mode.
Baby Razz comes with extra gear for this mode: The bracelets she's wearing have tabs to attach drumsticks:

And a pair of footrests that the mankillers can fit in:

Baby Razz actually pegs into two rods connected to the battery pack, to give her a sort of seat, and she's ready to go:

So, that's Baby Razz. A good Shinki, but I kind of wish she was a Light Armor, or at least didn'y have the light-up gimmick.

Some more pics:

Blooper Reel:

"WE ARE SEX BOB-OMBS AND WE'RE HERE TO WATCH SCOTT KICK YOUR TEETH IN! ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR!"

The Shinkifigmarevoltechateers:

My first Shinki/TF pairing (Sort of)

rubixbox
Class S Shinki

Post by rubixbox » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:42 pm

More pics! (Yeah, I'll try not to drown you with them :biggrin: )
Miss Razz with her new friend:
Trying out some new weapons:

Akelei
Class C Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Maochao for now :3

Post by Akelei » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:36 pm

love the last ones!

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:47 am

seems like I have some Shinkis to find now hahaha
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

Benio
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 61

Post by Benio » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:24 pm

great pics. rock on :headbang:

rubixbox
Class S Shinki

HASSAN CHOPSTICKS!

Post by rubixbox » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:12 am

NEW SHINKI!

The Box:
The box is your standard Light Armor box; you've got the Shinki, you've got different hairstyles, you've got an alternate face, and you've got some gear. The box is about the same size as Welkstra's, and has the same design. However, the box is orange, and it's got "MMS 3rd" printed on it:
Now the back:
Image3
This is, in my opinion, the best part of the entire set: Kohiru's artwork. I tip my hat to her artist (I don't know who that is, but I think it's her designer, Dogmask); it's a combination of set accuracy (right down to the MMS 3rd's "vest") and a sense of extreme cuteness. I just want to reach through the box and give her a big hug. :biggrin:

Now for the Shinki:
Kohiru herself is a cute little thing. As she's a type Chopsticks, her design is a mixture of Asian themes and a modern bent, IMO. She's an MMS Small, so she's tiny.

Kohiru comes with a few parts; the standard spacers, an alternate face and hairdoo, and the armor itself, along with this:

The extra weaponry and whatnot that Kohiru has can be formed into a pair of chopsticks and a rest. They could probably work like the real thing, but I REALLY don't recommend using them as eating utensils.

Now, full-armor mode:
I like Kohiru's full-armor mode. It's more Shinki clothing, yes, but it's designed so that Kohiru's weapons can be holstered and carried around (They can get in the way). I really like the flame accents on Kohiru's gear and the sneakers.
A word of warning: The baubles on her head are fragile (at least, they were to me)

Something to notice is that Kohiru is....short:
Kohiru's about half a centimeter taller in full armored mode, so her stature's about the same in both modes. This, of course, means one can see how SMALL the MMS 3rd body can be.

Of course, Kohiru needs something to beat people up with, so here's her weaponry:
Kohiru's chopsticks can split into two different weapons: A melee weapon of some sort....

...and a rifle-like weapon.

In addition, Kohiru carries around a small tuning fork-esque weapon that can be holstered into her backpack. From what I've heard, this is supposed to be a sai of some sort. Maybe it's because I grew up with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but don't sais have three prongs?

So that's Kohiru. She's a very cute figure, and I recommend getting her...if you like that sort of thing. :biggrin:

Thanks for reading. Bye!