Vishvarupa
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Shinkis in a box! and other stuff!

Post by Vishvarupa » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:17 pm

So er...hi there!

Behold, my pitiful little collection of things! Mostly Shinkis. First shot is the most complete group photo I could get. Only ones not pictured are Lancamento, Espadia, and Asuka because I didn't want to take them out of their armour. I'm lazy. Also this cupboard is currently my entire storage space for these things, sadly. I can't even fit all the girls in their armour into this one space at a time because all the stands just get in the way of each other. ;_;

Edit: better group shot yay!
100_1165 [1024x768].JPG
Less is more?
100_1165 [1024x768].JPG (161.63 KiB) Viewed 8882 times
I spent a whole lot of time and endless fiddling about trying to put together a makeshift stand for the camera, lining up the shot, and getting everyone in the right places. I think it came out fairly well myself despite a few things I'd like to have fixed. For one the lighting is still atrocious, you can't really see Valona's blush at all and Mur's whole face is obscured. Also the backdrop looks downright ugly. I did however end up completely by accident with a pose for Graffias that makes it look like she's glaring sort of sideways at the camera, and Vespelio is blissfully unaware. I find this hilarious. Oh my this is a lot of text.
100_1147 [1024x768].JPG
Lancamento says hello while the camera explodes
100_1147 [1024x768].JPG (87.47 KiB) Viewed 8933 times
100_1154 [1024x768].JPG
Yda and Totally Yda On A Trike
100_1154 [1024x768].JPG (138.3 KiB) Viewed 8931 times
What you can't see in this shot is that the light box I'm using is a chunk of a carboard box from a flat-pack dining table. It is enormous. My table cannot take the pressure.

General_Noodles
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Pomock

Re: Shinkis in a box! and other stuff!

Post by General_Noodles » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:49 am

Looks like Lancemento is phase shifting or vibrating really bad from the picture. :*)

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:55 pm

...vibrating? ...red costume... OMG SHE'S THE FLASH D:

Vishvarupa
Class C Shinki

Post by Vishvarupa » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:51 pm

Seriously thinking about buying a Gorillapod for my pictures. It's relatively cheap and should cut down on annoying buzzing. Also must buy some rice paper next week. And some Gundam kits. For the guns. Strarf won't stop bugging me about more guns.

In other news, bought a second Arnval this week! Arnval #2 has an annoyingly loose neck so her head keeps falling off. I think she caught Valona's leprosy. That, however, isn't the main issue.

I tinkered with Strarf's armor a bit. Hope she likes it.
She does!
But wait...it gets better.
Thank goodness the botched-together fitting keeps dropping off the back of her armor frame, or she'd probably be halfway to Arizona by now. And I still need another pair of boosters and an extra Zelnogrard kit to really finish the VOB off properly.

Vishvarupa
Class C Shinki

Post by Vishvarupa » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:16 pm

Tried something new with Vespelio. Setup copied shamelessly from an unknown source.

Also, Arnval #1 is jealous of her new little sister. So it's time for a contest!
"If I could move my thumbs, they'd be up!" "Erm...c-can I go now?" "What the heck am I even doing here?"

New girl's turn...
"One hundred points!" "This is embarrassing..." "Are you idiots done yet?"

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:06 pm

Vishvarupa wrote:Tried something new with Vespelio. Setup copied shamelessly from an unknown source.
The original designer for that set up was Dix-Noob from 4chan, but on CBox... some say he is truly a Gundam and that he's just got a eight to one size Busou Shinki as a Girlfriend, all I know is he's called the Stig. Still Stig's done some pretty nice "Light Armor" designs. Can't really complain, nice work Vish.

Vishvarupa
Class C Shinki

Post by Vishvarupa » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:01 am

Some more custom setups would be great. I'm fresh out of ideas on how to exploit two Arnval kits. My imagination is apparently not so awesome.

Vishvarupa
Class C Shinki

Post by Vishvarupa » Fri May 14, 2010 8:19 am

So after a very long hiatus, I have finally got myself a halfway decent light tent. Hooray! Shenanigans ensued.

Tried the Arnval/Eukrante combo from this very site. Definitely a winner.

The new girl says hi! About time I finally showed Tigris off. Hopefully Zyrdarya and Juvisy get here soon.

Zel tries out the new heavy platform I built her. Lamia missile pod borrowed from an Armored Core miniature.
BANG!

Strarf's armor frame once again loaded with weapons, including two from this very forum. I had to modify the big beam cannon to fit on Strarf's armor though. The thing in the upper left is a Sirius hi-laser cannon, again kindly donated from my new Tellus AC. That's seven guns so far. Strarf is now ready to invade Russia.

Asuka tries out the hip boosters.
"Errrr...I don't think this is very safe."
Relax. What could go wrong?

Also experimenting with putting stuff on Yda's bike. No really good ideas so far, but hey, mini-missiles!

"What?"
I just wanted to see if you- wait, are those Arnval's gloves?
"...No."

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Fri May 14, 2010 9:28 am

Tried the Arnval/Eukrante combo from this very site. Definitely a winner.
I thought that looked a little familiar... >.>

(I'm influencing people! Yay!)

Vishvarupa
Class C Shinki

Post by Vishvarupa » Sat May 15, 2010 1:21 pm

So with no warning of any kind, Zydarya and Juvisy come just of freaking nowhere like a week early. I never knew air freight could be so fast.

Zydarya poses for the camera in her awesome skirt. Takes to it like ivy to a wall.
Is it just me, or does that skirt make it look like she's going commando? I see what everyone said about Zyrdarya being the naughty one.

Juvisy's turn. She seems a little timid. I guess she doesn't want to come out of her shell?
Having trouble making her armor stay together. Stupid loose joints.

And then Zyrdarya insisted on some outside time. Sadly, our garden is more like a building site.
"Where the crap are all the plants? This is unacceptable!"

Hopefully I'll be getting Strarf Bis next hooray! And maybe a Gorillapod so I can pose the camera a bit better.