Moderator: Sword

Ninth
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Requesting some advice, for a mission battle

Post by Ninth » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:07 am

I'm doing Extra Mission 19: "Fashion Show 2." It's the mission where your enemy is a Tigris with some of White Devil Strarf's equipment. This isn't a normal "Defeat the target Shinki" mission; instead, at the beginning of the mission, both Shinki start out with an LP gauge of zero (without insta-failing). Whenever a Shinki attacks, her own LP gauge increases by the amount of COOL points she earns with the attack; at the end of ten rounds, the winner is the one with the most LP.

I've tentatively tried this mission with two different setups, and both times Tigris managed to far outrace my Shinki in earning COOL points. I know that getting the "coordinate" bonus for equipment makes a Shinki earn style points faster, but know nothing beyond that. Trying to dramatically increase her attack power with a different weapon increased the COOL she earned, but not by much. Can someone tell me how this particular mechanic works, so I can better try to create a winning setup?

Also, if a Shinki dodges an attack completely, will that nullify any style points the opposing Shinki may earn? I can always try powerleveling my Asuka, who has very good evasion, to try the same challenge.
Battle Rondo username: ninerplease

Class A Shinki:
Panzer Melt
Class B Shinki:
Gunbunny HETARIA
Class C Shinki:
Cannon Utsuho
Angel Commando Gabrielle
Fighter Ijimeko
Not in Service:
Ninja Zubera
Firearms Kanna
Succubus Lilim

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Requesting some advice, for a mission battle

Post by PenPen » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:23 pm

[Report:]
For this type of mission, you will most likely need the following -

1) Dodge type Shinki. (An enemy can't land a hit - the enemy can't increase the point.)

2) Dodge armor set, better if it comes with counter skill. (Because there is no LP, you don't need to worry even if the enemy uses skill. However, there are skill that increase the point, and so, it is best to use counter skill that increase you own point, or just take it up.)

3) Duel weapon -- check the wiki at here. (In short, it is the best to go with double daggers - or you can try to get 35+ combo with duel light saber easily here, this Tigris is not a real dodge type.)

extra) Follow up skill.

...You can also try to do it with stun/down type Shinki, but I wouldn't go that far. Also, I think the points goes faster with regular attacks then battle mode, then again, it depends. To me, point gain from armor set doesn't really matters, landing hits with weapon does. (Once again, this Tigris is not a real dodge type. So there shouldn't be too much of a problem.)

Hope this helps.
[End of report]

Ninth
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Post by Ninth » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Thanks for the help. Using the table from the BR wiki, I was able to put together an evasion-based setup with Waffebunny's machetes/daggers to win the challenge.
Battle Rondo username: ninerplease

Class A Shinki:
Panzer Melt
Class B Shinki:
Gunbunny HETARIA
Class C Shinki:
Cannon Utsuho
Angel Commando Gabrielle
Fighter Ijimeko
Not in Service:
Ninja Zubera
Firearms Kanna
Succubus Lilim

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:09 am

[Report:]
Ninth wrote:Thanks for the help. Using the table from the BR wiki, I was able to put together an evasion-based setup with Waffebunny's machetes/daggers to win the challenge.
Now you are making it sounds so easy... :eek:
[End of report]

Tobias
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 17
MMS owned: 16
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Tobias » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:07 pm

I remember that mission. I sent in my Jusivy with her default anti-tank weapon: The Chaingun. Then I ran full armour atk+def equipments. Tigris was left in the dust. Utterly owned. lol It happened to be VERY easy. =X

jclouds
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0

Post by jclouds » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:35 pm

Ninth wrote:
I know that getting the "coordinate" bonus for equipment makes a Shinki earn style points faster, but know nothing beyond that. Trying to dramatically increase her attack power with a different weapon increased the COOL she earned, but not by much. Can someone tell me how this particular mechanic works, so I can better try to create a winning setup?

Also, if a Shinki dodges an attack completely, will that nullify any style points the opposing Shinki may earn? I can always try powerleveling my Asuka, who has very good evasion, to try the same challenge.
What are weapons that are very useful in attacking the enemy?

jclouds
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0

Post by jclouds » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:41 pm

Ninth wrote:
I know that getting the "coordinate" bonus for equipment makes a Shinki earn style points faster, but know nothing beyond that. Trying to dramatically increase her attack power with a different weapon increased the COOL she earned, but not by much. Can someone tell me how this particular mechanic works, so I can better try to create a winning setup?

What are weapons that are very useful in attacking the enemy?