Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: probably Gabrine

Battle Rondo- No Fun

Post by Chalkred » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:25 pm

Its- not noob friendly.
At all.

It was fun at first, but the tide seems never to turn in our favor.
Lv 8 and in official fights it would only find levels 80+ to battle.
Level 50 and it would find levels 100+.
Got to level 90 and it gets me level’s 200+. Leaves one wondering, “Am I playing on the wrong place?”

Needless to say I haven’t won even once. or draw. Ive done simulation, its soso tho it also seldom gets me analogous levels to play with but it does happen here. Every 10 times. I know what shes good with and what she aint. And im doing the best I can with what I have- does the game really gets poor players down?)
Not to mention how annoying it is to wait for recharge (only 5 battles per day, if you decide not to train- something I never understood since to train you’d have to sacrifice AI, are we to ignore this and do nothing but train til we are lv200? Then raise AI by pattin yer doll in the back? )

Im confused.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Re: Battle Rondo- No Fun

Post by Xehn » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:41 pm

You're just playing at the wrong times. Remember, Rondo is a Japanese game, meaning you need to adjust your schedule to theirs, playing when more people are online. I forget the peak times, currently. That said, levels don't mean too much. I had a really low-levelled shinki almost take down someone twenty or so levels higher than her.

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:19 pm

[Report:]
In defense for BR (and all other PVP games out there), I will say this:

"In order to win, you will have to make someone else lose."

...Ah, nope, I wasn't the one who came up with this line, but it is the basic of BR.

===== ===== =====

All players (I know there will be exceptions, but do allow me to use the word ALL here) who did spend time on BR, would reach the stage you are currently in - "Not Winning Enough".

Well, congratulations, you just hit the first level. Here is my gift to you...

...The first day I started playing - 11/11/07
...The first time I made a complain like this - 12/29/07
...The time I felt like I was doing better since the first complain - 04/27/08
...The first time I made into Rank A happily, and realized how harsh it is - 05/06/08
...The time I realized that, some players are really "hard-core", that, losing makes perfect sense - 06/29/08
...The first Rank S, XMas Type - 08/17/08

Hope this helps. :lol:
[End of report]

PS: Looking at those old blog posts sure brings back the memories...

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:16 am

Yes, Battle Rondo can be hard while you are still learning.
I was surprised my Werkstra made it to Class B! That was amazing for me. I don't think I'll get an A rank for a while, but I'll keep trying.

If you're having trouble, try leveling up the Fubuki shinki. The equip you earn for her while leveling up is really useful!

Also, make sure you're equiping your girls with the weapons they are best with, uses skills as often as possible for the most part.

Just keep trying. I love raising games like this (I'm a huge Monster Farm/Monster Rancher fan too) so I find it fun even while losing.

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Post by Pyaamon » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:19 pm

Keep trying to level up in the training? I found that leveling up my shinki with agility and blocking abilities helped them a lot. Try the missions as opposed to the actual versing stuff? Missions are awesome :D

The reason I don't play too often is because I keep getting picked on by players who have all the amazing gear. I do find it hilarious, but I want to play with people on this board! That and I don't have the time to...and the Valona type scares the crap out of me.

Chalkred
Class S Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: probably Gabrine

Post by Chalkred » Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:20 pm

Pyaamon wrote:Keep trying to level up in the training? I found that leveling up my shinki with agility and blocking abilities helped them a lot. Try the missions as opposed to the actual versing stuff? Missions are awesome :D

The reason I don't play too often is because I keep getting picked on by players who have all the amazing gear. I do find it hilarious, but I want to play with people on this board! That and I don't have the time to...and the Valona type scares the crap out of me.
Missions ARE impossible per me. (yet? *shrugs* the foes are lv 120+? or i could not find one stars)

HAH, valona. still waiting for mine-over a week now. im afraid she got lost in japan or something. or ran away. She could have, shes a creepy lil devil.

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Post by Pyaamon » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:15 pm

Naw, she'll pop up. I'm still waiting on a shinki-related (MMS magazine and an artbook) package to arrive at my place and it's been about four weeks or so...but then I have a postal strike, and I did order them SAL! Be patient :3

With the missions part, press left or right to get to the one start rating one, and just keep hacking at her until you feel confident enough to go on with the next lot of mission-shinkis. I think the next is like, level 40? I'm not sure.

I feel that training is possibly going to be the best thing for you to help you level up. See how your shinki goes with each of the weapons that training supplies - how is she with shooting? With a blade? Is she better at blocking or is she better at dodging? Then concentrate more on those. Just decide how much of her battery you want to spend on each, or if you just want to concetrate on a single training session on one particular thing and spend all her battery power on that.

Ninth
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Post by Ninth » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:40 pm

You can always start by taking the Rank-specific mission battles. There's a pair of missions that are specifically for C-rank shinki; the first has two special restrictions (You can only use a shinki whose level is below 30, and you can only use melee weapons), and the second has just one (Your shinki's level must be below 50).

Some of the other missions have odd restrictions like that. For example, some will prevent you from using SP, there are a few missions that restrict you to using weapons that weigh less than a certain amount, and there's at least one mission with the restriction, "You cannot use any specific attack more than once."

If it's any comfort, the enemy is generally under the same restrictions as you.
Battle Rondo username: ninerplease

Class A Shinki:
Panzer Melt
Class B Shinki:
Gunbunny HETARIA
Class C Shinki:
Cannon Utsuho
Angel Commando Gabrielle
Fighter Ijimeko
Not in Service:
Ninja Zubera
Firearms Kanna
Succubus Lilim

General_Noodles
Class A Shinki
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Pomock

Post by General_Noodles » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:56 pm

This a MMO. Like all MMO, the hardcore and money spender will be more powerful than anyone else. Try playing around the event and collect item before trying to rank up your Shinki. Another way is to pay Konami for some in-game item and slaughter everything in random battle.

Every newbie in this game start up badly beaten, but improved over time and experience. :thumbsup:

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:39 am

General_Noodles wrote:This a MMO. Like all MMO, the hardcore and money spender will be more powerful than anyone else.
It's also an Asian MMO, which means there's often more of an emphasis on sheer grinding.