Moderator: Sword

Xerain
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Maochao

WHAT!? STILL no new OP Video?

Post by Xerain » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:16 am

I've been waiting sooo long. I haven't really played sine they put the newest wave in because i was waiting for the OP video... and Every so often I'd update, and check for a new video, then log out when it wasn't there. And now moths have passed. So if you guys have been wondering where I went... blame the missing OP video for my momentary lapse of interest.

Nah, who am I kidding? Persona 4 is wholly to blame.

Rikuo88
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: WHAT!? STILL no new OP Video?

Post by Rikuo88 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:20 pm

yes i feel the same way
while i dont play battle rondo i do enjoy watching these on youtube
i wanna see vespelio and graffios animated more than anything :vitulus:

Xerain
Class C Shinki

Post by Xerain » Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:43 am

Well the new one we are waiting on is Ach, Asuka, Mulmeltier, and the like.

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:39 am

Yeah the next opening most likely will be Wave 7 and 8. The only thing I can think of (at least for the reason it's taking so long) is they're going to include more then just those waves in it as well. If that's the case then it's forgivable to be taking this long. I mean they need to program in movements for ten more characters as well as each weapon already in the game plus the ones they bring in and find unique Seiyuus for each of them since it seems like they don't reuse them, so of course contract pricing, time management plus a small host of things.

I'm sure though the movement part isn't really a problem. Every single one of them has pretty much the same movements, whats taking time is making sure everything sort of works properly along those lines.

Then lets not forgetting animating the opening in a quality higher then the Diorama Studio/Battle Rondo quality. So that's just render time pains. Especially if they go into stupid details like water reflection, rain and all that.

Xerain
Class C Shinki

Post by Xerain » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:59 am

I don't think render times are that good of an excuse. I mean I have to deal with them, and while they are annoying, I don't see them holding up production THAT much. They're factored into production. Unless you are a student, in which case you are sitting up all night watching a bar run across the screen hoping it will be done in time for you to catch the bus to class.... I speak form experience on this, heh.

My own pet theory is that the current OP song, Shining World was it?, is vastly inferior to I Will Follow. Now, they did improve it a little by adding some extra instrumentation at some point, but still... I'm hoping they're making a new one, that captures a similar feel to the first song.

But then again.... they probably don't want to. While I personally might have enjoyed the sense of longing and Melancholy in I Will Follow, it's probably not the image they want for the figures at the moment. Still, they need something better than Shining World, IMO.

NamelessChibi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 68
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by NamelessChibi » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:12 am

Ah, so you understand the pains of rendering as well. The worst in my opinion is when you do an overnight render have saved several copies of the project in multiple areas and when you wake up you find the render has failed, corrupted the file and all your back ups are also corrupted. It is at this moment you just sort of cry at your keyboard... yes. I'm speaking from experience as well... it makes this BA all more important to me... but I return to the original topic.

I mean honestly out of all my examples the render time one is probably the lowest in the "It's taking forever" list. As it was also the one I least went into. My theory is mainly all the contracting issues trying to get the girls free time (Outside their Seiyuu, Singing, Tours, Events and such time) to say all these specific lines and such. I personally think that's the real biggest problem. It's more of the "When can we get the girls to sit down and say all these lines for us" or "Are there enough girls out there now that we can drag in for this without reusing another." Another thing they could be doing is also calling back all the previous girls so they can all sing a rendition of "Song for You" so that whenever that armor's tension kicks in you don't just get the music in the background. That though is a big iffy, but if they do it... damn that'd be awesome.

The way I see it, "Into the Singing World" will be used for one more opening. They used it for the first three openings (two if you count the Wave 1 and Wave 2 variations as one opening) and so far it's been used once. So one more time and we'll get a new song for a new opening. Though I will agree "I WILL FOLLOW YOU" was a much better song, it just encapsulated the feel of Busou Shinki.

Anyway, if you're still a Graphics Design Student or something along those lines, I wish you luck. Hope you don't have to suffer through my types of catastrophic fails.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:56 am

I Will Follow You was just a bit too...stalker'ish for me, honestly. Seemed a bit heavy for what's a light backstory of cute little fighting robots.

Xerain
Class C Shinki

Post by Xerain » Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:08 am

Well nothing THAT catastrophic has happened, but I HAVE woken up to failed renders from After Effects. Wow, I still think I remember the error code was 303. Then I kept getting it. I completely forget how I fixed it... I just remember being on like my 2nd day w/o sleep at the time... That project gave me my first wrinkles, I think, under my eyes. Or maybe I just noticed them then. Anyhow, i was doing 3 minutes of text animation...

On the subject of the songs, that feeling is kind of why I like I Will Follow You. I also can see what's why they'd want something eelse. But Into the Shinning world is just so... kiddy.