Moderator: Sword

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Antivirus picked up something on launcher.exe

Post by MaximumBurst » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:47 am

Just now, my antivirus program (Avira free) picked up a trojan on my launcher.exe. Apparently it was TR/agent.cada.20734, and I couldn't find anything about it online or when asking the program for details on it. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I'm thinking of ignoring it because launcher.exe is from Konami, and they're probably not going to be releasing viruses to people. Not only that, but I've been playing for a long time, and to have something like this suddenly pop up when the last update was months ago is odd.

What do you guys think? Should I just ignore the warning?
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Antivirus picked up something on launcher.exe

Post by halconfenix » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:35 am

MaximumBurst wrote:What do you guys think? Should I just ignore the warning?
NO!

there are some viruses that love to replace other software.... before doing anything try to start other programs and see if the antivirus goes nuts about it... if that's the case... you computer needs a cleanup...

and just in case reinstall shinki-net

Prospektor
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4

Post by Prospektor » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:55 am

You're right, if it is a virus, it definitely didn't come from Konami, my Kaspersky didn't find anything wrong.
I looked into the "TR/agent.cada", and even though the exact number is not found anywhere on the internet, there are some other, basic "TR/agent.cada" alarms mentioned. I followed half a dozen links and it seems that it always turned out to be a false positive. I'd recommend checking if you run the latest version of Avira and their forums for further instructions, here's one of the examples:
http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?pa ... dID=133728
and instructions for checking false positives:
http://forum.avira.com/wbb/index.php?pa ... dID=131204

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:25 pm

Wow, Prospektor. I appreciate the research you did about the subject. This could be useful for me sometime down the road if something like this happens again. Unfortunately, just last night, I took halconfenix's advice and just deleted and re-downloaded the game; haven't installed yet though. I was thinking it was a false positive, but I was just a bit lazy and didn't want to take any chances.

Thanks again, though. :schmetterling:
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Prospektor
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4

Post by Prospektor » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:04 pm

Hey, no problem, man! Since it concerns a program I'm running as well it's nice to have some information on that matter, so I avoid panic if suddenly my antivirus gives me the same alert ;)