blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Re: Termination of Online Services?!

Post by blade_anime » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:03 pm

Prospektor wrote:
blade_anime wrote:I didn't even get to activate Maochao and Howling yet! I'm not going to now, it would be too sad to lose them so soon after they go online.
I know that feeling, but look at it that way: If you've been told that you were going to live only three months longer, would you just stop living, stop doing fun things and just sit around and wait for death? Wouldn't it be better to savour every minute of it?
Well, that death talk is maybe a bit too serious, I'm also depressed as hell about BR, but I hope they come up with some nice farewell-story. You know, like, in order to prevent shinkis being used to develop real, dangerous battle robots they decide it's best when they go into hiding, migrating onto a small island somewhere, where they have fun (battling) with each other, but keeping one eye on the outside world, silently watching over their owners/mankind ... (cue "Dark Knight" soundtrack)
Something along those lines would be nice. Well, if they don't and they dare to just pull the plug, this is the reality *I* choose.

But as you said, at least DS would be so super-easy to use as a standalone, there must be a way to persuade them to do this ...
I really doubt that they will. Especially if this is for financial reasons.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:32 am

This is sad... Couldn't they at least leave Diorama Studio up?
My poor girls are going to be lost forever. I knew the game was probably going to shut down soon because the last waves of girls not even having codes, but it's still really sad. =(

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Post by gundamboi » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:15 pm

would it be good if we mail them some comments/petition to their service mail address and hopefully they can end this nicely rather than killing it off? (like leaving the server up/ putting your shinkis into our end of the computer and have DS as a standalone without the need for server, or a viewer to watch our replays?)

[Edit]:

i was looking at the thread in 2ch and it seems someone have already asked for info from 573

>>ジオラマスタジオもできなくなるのかね?
それについてコナミにメールで問い合わせた所、こんな返事が来た。

>>なお、サービス終了後は
>>バトルロンド・ジオラマスタジオを利用する事はできず、
>>オフライン等の対応も予定しておりません。

せめて、オフラインでも自分の神姫同士で対戦できれば
良かったんだけどなぁ_| ̄|○|||

though i'm not too sure the meaning of this. (know a bit of japanese but not going to say anything till i'm 100% sure what they meant)

Prospektor
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4

Post by Prospektor » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:01 pm

gundamboi wrote:would it be good if we mail them some comments/petition to their service mail address and hopefully they can end this nicely rather than killing it off? (like leaving the server up/ putting your shinkis into our end of the computer and have DS as a standalone without the need for server, or a viewer to watch our replays?)
I was just working on a plan involving a hidden cam, a beautiful sexy female member of busoushinkiworld.com and a married Konami CEO, but a petition sounds nice, too. Does anyone here know enough Japanese to set up a respectful letter? Or we do it in English and ask some "people on the internet" to translate it. Maybe a concerted effort in order not to spam their mail inboxes will be regarded with more appreciation ...

Or someone needs to travel to Japan and marry one of the shinkis and try to legally keep Konami from shutting down the servers. :?

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:45 pm

gundamboi wrote:would it be good if we mail them some comments/petition to their service mail address and hopefully they can end this nicely rather than killing it off? (like leaving the server up/ putting your shinkis into our end of the computer and have DS as a standalone without the need for server, or a viewer to watch our replays?)

[Edit]:

i was looking at the thread in 2ch and it seems someone have already asked for info from 573

>>ジオラマスタジオもできなくなるのかね?
それについてコナミにメールで問い合わせた所、こんな返事が来た。

>>なお、サービス終了後は
>>バトルロンド・ジオラマスタジオを利用する事はできず、
>>オフライン等の対応も予定しておりません。

せめて、オフラインでも自分の神姫同士で対戦できれば
良かったんだけどなぁ_| ̄|○|||

though i'm not too sure the meaning of this. (know a bit of japanese but not going to say anything till i'm 100% sure what they meant)
ok well that gives me hope.... sorta... at least they are doing SOMETHING!
time to unite our efforts i say!

Prospektor wrote:
I was just working on a plan involving a hidden cam, a beautiful sexy female member of busoushinkiworld.com and a married Konami CEO, but a petition sounds nice, too. Does anyone here know enough Japanese to set up a respectful letter? Or we do it in English and ask some "people on the internet" to translate it. Maybe a concerted effort in order not to spam their mail inboxes will be regarded with more appreciation ...

Or someone needs to travel to Japan and marry one of the shinkis and try to legally keep Konami from shutting down the servers. :?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:00 am

I don't know if that you should give you hope because it says in the post that Konami has no plans to make any such offline modes for either BR or DS. Some guy sent an e-mail to Konami and that was the response he got.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:14 am

MaximumBurst wrote:
I don't know if that you should give you hope because it says in the post that Konami has no plans to make any such offline modes for either BR or DS. Some guy sent an e-mail to Konami and that was the response he got.
. . . sometimes not knowing japanese is more hopeful than the other way.... :*(

still my point is: the japanese fans are also trying to do something about it.(lets join them somehow)

seriously... we should sign a petition or something.... to make konami give us a standalone software or at least to free the source code now that they dont plan to use/update it anymore....

acher13
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach

Post by acher13 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:30 pm

halconfenix wrote:
MaximumBurst wrote:
seriously... we should sign a petition or something.... to make konami give us a standalone software or at least to free the source code now that they dont plan to use/update it anymore....
I'm not much of a help, but if there's anything that I can do then I'll try it. I'll be receiving Juvisy and Zydraya next July/August to begin with :*(

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Post by gundamboi » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:55 am

still my point is: the japanese fans are also trying to do something about it.(lets join them somehow)
dont get so hopeful, they are only asking for info, they'r not really doing/ going to do anything about it. for all i know, there are only those who heard of the announcement and been trying to get as much SS/videos as possible and not doing something about the future of the game.

at least that's what's happening in 2ch and tea room in rondo. most expressed sadness but none are going to act.
I'm not much of a help, but if there's anything that I can do then I'll try it. I'll be receiving Juvisy and Zydraya next July/August to begin
be gentle with them. they melts :lol:. no really, they melts. in the real sense.

Hopefully they tend to scrap Rondo so that they can upgrade the system to Rondo2 or sth like im@s

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper

Post by halconfenix » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:31 am

gundamboi wrote:Hopefully they tend to scrap Rondo so that they can upgrade the system to Rondo2 or sth like im@s
well... this!