Moderator: Sword

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Termination of Online Services?!

Post by halconfenix » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:25 pm

Prospektor wrote:As the spokesperson of the "committee for the preservation of virtual shinkis" I can give you following update: after receiving an e-mail-address for shinki-net (since their usual contact form only allows for 1000 characters), the letter has been sent, in some kind of Japanese and English.
Quick as customer service is, I already received a first answer:
KONAMIカスタマーサービスです。. . .
which translates into something along the lines of:
KONAMI is customer service. . .
So they forwarded the suggestion/question to the appropriate department and are asking if we have further suggestions, right? Because there might be some, for example a viewer for replays as gundamboi suggested - I try my best with screen capture software like Fraps, but it's not the best to record fights, the framerate drops a bit too much. (By the way, if someone has a useful tool to do this, please let me know.)
oh nice! that was fast... did you check all the suggestions posted in the forum before sending the letter? if not... this might help: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1503

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:39 pm

Regarding the mentioned card game, someone at Amiami misspelled it. That card game is Busou Kishin, not Shinki. Plus the "Ki" kanji is different so it's "Machine God" instead of "Princess God".

Regarding Konami's response, except the line where they say they'll forward the suggestion of an "offline Diorama Studio software" (is that what was requested?) to the appropriate department, most of it is standard CS cookie cutter response.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:03 am

Yeah, it looks like a form letter to me, too.

Prospektor
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4

Post by Prospektor » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:52 pm

oOnyaOo wrote:This really makes me sad, I only started last month and so far was really enjoying it. I couldn't wait for my figures to get here to add them to the game so I could have my fave girls and now it's ending? =C
This always seems to happen when I join the party late..
I hear ya, I started in April. It's hard when it's all new and you're excited and all, but you just have to enjoy the moment as good as you can, I guess.
halconfenix wrote:oh nice! that was fast... did you check all the suggestions posted in the forum before sending the letter? if not... this might help: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1503
Thanks, almost forgot that thread!
And yeah, the response was very quick. After my first message asking for an e-mail-address so I can send them a mail with more than 1000 characters they responded within two or three hours or so.

shizen22 wrote:Regarding Konami's response, except the line where they say they'll forward the suggestion of an "offline Diorama Studio software" (is that what was requested?) to the appropriate department, most of it is standard CS cookie cutter response.
Well, having been customer focal point for some years myself, I didn't expect any other initial reaction. It now depends on internal directives/communication at Konami. Since those are unknown, it couldn't hurt to try.
I think an offline version of Diorama Studio would be easiest to implement, compared to an offline version of Battle Rondo. Everything depends on if/how much effort they are willing to put into it. Re-writing some code that is currently executed on their servers, transferring it with a last update onto our machines and we're set - at least from my point of view. But what do I know?
Anyway, since they asked for further suggestions, I will compile (see what I did there?) a list of possible strategies and send them over within the next days. We can just hope this makes it to the responsible department and some decisionmaker at Konami says "What the heck, okay, let's put one guy aside for a few days to try and come up with an offline-version".

higurashi9
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Sharatang

Post by higurashi9 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:28 pm

yes a offline battle rondo will be better than nothing
or how about a battle master and rondo mix you know like 3d but you dont control them and like you can pet them and custimize
thank you mister Prospektor rep.

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Post by gundamboi » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Good to hear they have a reply for the letter. Though to me i feel its more or less "not my problem i'm just a custome service. forwarded the mail and its not my problem anymore" while having a smiling face.

well, its customer service, that's the best they can do. and hopefully they get hyped by there are still people who cares.

and so. i shall put forth some more cents of my own.

1stly. I would say battlemaster + rondo idea will be too much for them time/programming wise.

And yes. a replay function would be great. Since replay only goes to data from *our folder and load the pre-written battle. i think it can for-go the login screen. (its only the login screen that will affect its onlinebility actually)

It would be good to suggest to them that many find the fun in busou shinki from the lack of direct control (sent ur shinki out with instructions and hopefully she comes back not crying) and that battle masters doesnt gives this satisfaction.

Its close to July already and i dont think 573 can do much even if they want to. So i would say i'll be most satisfied with 3 addictions. and hopefully its not too much :P

1)Replay data.
2)DS
3)my shinki battle

i know it might not be be able to make it for 3rd since it means disclosing the code for their battle system, but well, all's allow to hope right :D

yup, my 5cents

Prospektor
Class C Shinki

Post by Prospektor » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Soooo, I was preparing the second letter with a lot of suggestions ranging from keeping a viewer and MyShinki battles up to a complete overhaul of BR (and keeping it online, of course) and intended to send it today, when I got another answer from Konami in my inbox. Background info: When trying to send the first e-mail through the shinki-net contact form, which didn't work, I also tried the Konami.com general support form, on which I was able to send a shortened version of the original letter. It seems that this answer is regarding to that message, it got a ticket no. and was sent by Konami in Germany:
Dear customer,

Thank you very much for contacting the Konami customer support team.

We are sorry to inform you that we are not in a position to reveal further details about future plans for the game Busou Shinki.

All officials announcements are made on our official website:

http://www.konami.com
So, just to keep you updated. If this would've come from shinki-net, I would have thrown all desperate hope into it, but since it comes from a way other department, I don't think it says much. I'll contact shinki-net with the suggestions anyway ...

Have a great weekend everybody!

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:41 pm

Not at all surprised by the lack of info and all that but I can't blame anyone for trying. I'd be happy just to see Diorama Studio sticking around at this point, since that's a timeless application which if released to the public could probably get tweaked by the users themselves, such as making our own backgrounds, etc. Hopefully the suggestions get to the right people, but I'm not going to get my hopes up much just in case.

yueXsukikage
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 7
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zielbellen, Oorbelle

Post by yueXsukikage » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:22 am

Maybe I'm just being overly hopeful but I honestly can't see this being the complete end of BR. I would be completely out of hope if the entire Busou Shinki line was going downhill but it clearly is not. There have been recent releases, BM, and the fact that they're making anime shorts. Tho it is saddening and I hope that something changes, I'm not TOO upset because...I mean...there's so many people complaining and Busou Shinki is still retaining success. I honestly think this is just temporary...It would not surprise me at all to see a revamped, second version of BR after this cancelation.
Follow the light of the heart. Ikimasu!

Prospektor
Class C Shinki

Post by Prospektor » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:29 pm

yueXsukikage wrote:Maybe I'm just being overly hopeful but I honestly can't see this being the complete end of BR. I would be completely out of hope if the entire Busou Shinki line was going downhill but it clearly is not. There have been recent releases, BM, and the fact that they're making anime shorts. Tho it is saddening and I hope that something changes, I'm not TOO upset because...I mean...there's so many people complaining and Busou Shinki is still retaining success. I honestly think this is just temporary...It would not surprise me at all to see a revamped, second version of BR after this cancelation.
You're right, there are a lot of possibilities, for example a restart of BR as a completely free game - having the shop, of course, to make money, but no need for a code/a bought figure. Who knows?
The suggestions are already out, so next time I contact them I will explain that, as good as Battle Masters might be, it is a completely different game and I don't like it AND THAT'S WHY THEY HAVE TO STOP THESE SHENANIGANS!
:waffebunny: