Termination of Online Services?!

For help & discussion of Battle Rondo.

Moderator: Sword

Prospektor
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4

Re: Termination of Online Services?!

Post by Prospektor » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:15 pm

higurashi9 wrote:wait i dont think i can because of copyright laws (dont want to get sued)
Yeah, it'd probably be a bad idea to put your real name on it. But imagine someone else does it and uploads it (anonymously) somewhere on the web, and you just stumble upon it and point us in the right direction. You'd not be responsible; the credit would go to that unknown comrade, an unsung hero, a legend in our time ... :oneofus:

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:13 pm

Oh no, it's going down? T.T

I can honestly say i haven't been playing much, but this still makes me sad. :sad:

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:32 pm

i know there are japanese members on this forum.... is there a way to contact them or something.... maybe if we unite we can pull of something real nice... like making konami give us a free standalone version of shinki-net (for Diorama Studio use and "LAN battleRondo")... anyway we just cant let this die....

just a "random" though... :*(
Last edited by halconfenix on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prospektor
Class C Shinki

Post by Prospektor » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:15 pm

Yes, that sure must be possible? Considering the massive updates with several hundreds of MB whenever new shinkis were added, I assume that most of the data regarding all shinki types (look, weapons, voices etc.) is on our HD anyway. So for a standalone version it might be possible that the "official battle" part is against more or less (at higher levels maybe less) random enemy setups that are articially created within the system.
For missions, is the connection to Konami really necessary apart from storing the result? If that's the only part, it could easily be included in our home-version as well.
The tea room could then be modified to allow connections with other players, maybe including some kind of highscore, so there still is a competitive element.

Although, I have no idea about how the program is set up, so I might be misjudging the possibilities. But it certainly is not impossible!

Damn, I'm not willing to give in without a fight ... :waffebunny:
Last edited by Prospektor on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

acher13
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach

Post by acher13 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:51 pm

guys I just thought of this, the idea of having private server or whatever.. how are we to maintain the owned shinkis?
I mean our accounts are on konami's server, thats where our ownership information is stored right?

aww man, I feel totally powerless.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:02 pm

!@#$*%^)%^(*@#$*!^#$__!*(#@$^%+@$#!7@$$)-(@!&$@#$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even get to activate Maochao and Howling yet! I'm not going to now, it would be too sad to lose them so soon after they go online. And I still have them in real life.... But seriously, why the hell can't they at least release DS as a standalone? That shouldn't have required one to be online to use in the first place. But this makes me pissed! I was expecting it too though. I just wish there was at least something I could do for poor fubuki...... I can't bear to say hi to her and give her false hope by waking her up. Damnit, I get too empathetic sometimes...... Holy shit, I am serilously tearing up over a virtual girl in a game I haven't played that much. I am not kidding.....

Prospektor
Class C Shinki

Post by Prospektor » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:32 am

blade_anime wrote:I didn't even get to activate Maochao and Howling yet! I'm not going to now, it would be too sad to lose them so soon after they go online.
I know that feeling, but look at it that way: If you've been told that you were going to live only three months longer, would you just stop living, stop doing fun things and just sit around and wait for death? Wouldn't it be better to savour every minute of it?
Well, that death talk is maybe a bit too serious, I'm also depressed as hell about BR, but I hope they come up with some nice farewell-story. You know, like, in order to prevent shinkis being used to develop real, dangerous battle robots they decide it's best when they go into hiding, migrating onto a small island somewhere, where they have fun (battling) with each other, but keeping one eye on the outside world, silently watching over their owners/mankind ... (cue "Dark Knight" soundtrack)
Something along those lines would be nice. Well, if they don't and they dare to just pull the plug, this is the reality *I* choose.

But as you said, at least DS would be so super-easy to use as a standalone, there must be a way to persuade them to do this ...

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:09 pm

[Report:]
Although I am well prepared. I still took time to process this announcement, it really seems hard to believe, eh?

To start from the conclusion, the idea of BR and DS alone is really good, has and still does have tons of potentials. However, from the outside, it looks like that 573 just couldn't pull a right execution (and it's probably with various elements in different areas combined) at the right time. It's a shame, really.

Not knowing how good or bad 573 itself is doing economically, I still have a feeling that money is one of the reason why they decided to close online down. (While the other being technical development, which contributes to money... It all just comes down to money in the end, eh?) But I have to say, once again looking from the outside, that 573 "reap what they sow".

There are many examples, and here is one: not adding many of the SPT items into "Special" category (the last one, in the drop down menu on the top, in SPT shop's catalog) but to make those as regular purchase.

...No, I am not even going to bother to bring up the Premium Pass.

===== ===== ===== ===== =====

On the technical side, in order to make BR function on a "private server", the setting will probably be as the following:

1. BR/DS (the 7GB application -- in your computer, not on the server!)

2. Calculation layer (may not even needed this one, as calculation can be, though not suggested, handled by the database alone)

3. Database (user account, Shinki data, etc, etc.)

...The first challenge at this moment, is to recreate 2 and 3, as they are black boxes. Then following by making 1 to point the communication to 2 and/or 3.

It will be hell lot easier if 573 can just release the source code... Otherwise, a capture point needs be setup in between 1 to 2 and/or 3, takes in all the request from 1, takes in all the response from 2 and/or 3, then reverse-engineer to "guess" out what 2 and/or 3 looks like.

...Just a quick background for those whom are not familiar with the technical side. The 7GB application that sitting in your computer should contains all the graphic, animation, audio (music and sound), and maybe the text. Those are the "actors". In order to make "actors" do actions, there are two ways -- follow the predetermined script (which also sits in that 7GB application), and/or call out the script dynamically (thus the communication to the server).

Hope this helps...
[End of report]

PS: It also would make things hell-lot-easier, if 573 didn't lock THEN OBFUSCATE both BR and DS -- to this day I still couldn't get any bit of the C++ code out...

palaceguard
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 7
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Post by palaceguard » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:58 pm

I wasn't able to play for 4~5 months and here i was finally getting to touch Rondo again and thinking of getting the new shinkis when this saddening news slap me in the face...

This is really sad. I dont think maintaining a server like that will take much of 573's resources right?

On the side note, there doesnt seem to be much hype of this news on 2ch. There are some who voiced their sadness and there are those who commented on BM beening way better and better tempo.
(i personally find BM quite boring and not interesting at all)
Hopefull there can be something that gives a win-win situation all round...

Ragnarok still have a lot of servers be it pirvate or official after so many years.
I don't mind Rondo being stagnant, since its a game where time will pay off and new players need a lot of time to get achivements too.

End of thought... Just don't close it T_T

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Post by gundamboi » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:00 pm

above *palaceguard*

sry, used the wrong account.

that's the acc i created again last time when i 4got about this acc's password haha