PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

4Gamer JP interview regarding to Busou Shinki

Post by PenPen » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:02 pm

[Report:]
Original post that brought it up at the official forum: http://shinki-net.konami.jp/community/t ... ic_id=1041

The direct link to this interview post: http://www.4gamer.net/games/128/G012840/20110304077/

(Google translation, though not accurate, does return somewhat readable outline...)

http://translate.google.ca/translate?u= ... =&ie=UTF-8

===== ===== ===== ===== =====

Well, here is some of my personal thought after reading this interview article. Please note, it is going to be rather personal. I highly recommend those who interested to go through the article first.

First of all, it sounds like 573 is at the end of their wits regarding improving Battle Rondo. Both "technical difficulty" and "executive decision in changing game's direction" were mentioned.

Yet again, I have to whine about 573 is not bring the full potential out on this one... For one, how about making the user room customize-able? No? how about display the coordinates in Diorama Studio first? Can't do that due to technical difficulty? Then how about adding more voice for the older girls?

On one hand, it is interesting to see that "the idea of Riding System (direct control of a Shinki) in Battle Master contradicts to the idea of Shinki fighting beside her master in Battle Rondo" being mentioned. That said, on the other hand, "people find the arcade style interesting" and "(Nintendo) DS* PSP is easier to own than a PC" were used too.

Lastly, it is also fun to see the topic on DLC is brought up. But I guess 573 is not going to back down on that part now, would they?
[End of report]

* Not DS, but PSP, my apology.
Last edited by PenPen on Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: 4Gamer JP interview regarding to Busou Shinki

Post by halconfenix » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:42 pm

meaning... BattleRondo is on its last legs... :*(

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Wait, waht was that about a nintendo DS?

acher13
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach

Post by acher13 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:52 am

even tho, hopefully that they're not going to close the BR server.
I mean after all the year of owning a shinki in BR..

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:51 am

I don't really see this as the death of Battle Rondo, but I'm also very stubborn. If it's the death of it, they should half off the SPT shop. I'm dumb enough to buy stuff right before the end. I'm also going to play it until it dies. Battle Masters is great and just the thought of Shinkis on the DS being petting by the stylus and giving those happy emotions like Rondo makes me smile. I say bring it on.

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:53 pm

[Report:]
blade_anime wrote:Wait, waht was that about a nintendo DS?
Sorry, that's my bad, I was meant to say PSP.

...On top of that, upon reading it over once again, I just realized that I actually combined two quotes together... (Bad bad bad...)

"Many people owns PSP" + "Finance level for Plamoo (plastic model) is less than a PC"

...My apology.
halconfenix wrote:meaning... BattleRondo is on its last legs... :*(
persocomsan wrote:I don't really see this as the death of Battle Rondo, but I'm also very stubborn. If it's the death of it, they should half off the SPT shop. I'm dumb enough to buy stuff right before the end. I'm also going to play it until it dies. Battle Masters is great and just the thought of Shinkis on the DS being petting by the stylus and giving those happy emotions like Rondo makes me smile. I say bring it on.
I personally don't see this interview pointing at an end for BR; furthermore, I am certain at one point in this interview article that "Model, online and PSP game is doing well" was said.

However, one thing is clear, it doesn't look like there will be any major break through coming to BR. Which is bad -- could end up losing even more players. If that happens, the end result could very well be death of BR.

To me, it's not that 573 will close BR down themselves, it's a matter of lack of improving BR which forced BR to close down by itself.
[End of report]