Moderator: Sword

BKKnight
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Attack interruption

Post by BKKnight » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:22 am

What exactly determines your attack getting interrupted or not? Also anyone has any tips on how to equip and use Altlene on rondo?

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Re: Attack interruption

Post by gundamboi » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:44 am

what do you mean by interruption?

well i'll take a guess. Your attack can be interupted by
1) attack speed
2) range
3) Skills
mainly.

1) even if you take out your weapon first, if that weapon is a slow weapon (e.g greatsword) it will take longer to prepare than a dagger, which will give the shinki using daggers to attack you first.

Of cause that will also depends on how much distance the dagger-wielding shinki needs to move and get ready.

2) if you were attacked and your opponent's attack pushes you back, you might get out of your attack range (e.g. your 0~100 sword) and that will cancel your attack.

Or if you prepared a rifle and your enemy is moving very fast, they might move out of your range before you shoot. in that case, your attack will have 100% miss rate.

3) if your opponent is in post-attack motion and have enough SP for a counter skill when you attack, they may counter your attack, which will nulify your attack too.

of cause all these apply only either [your weapon is very slow/your attackspeed is lower than your opponent's]
That is why the red sword (rota sth...) from altines is so well used. *it is the current fastest attack speed sword.

Altene doesnt need much tips i think, she's high dmg and high accuracy is enough to kill off everyone. only point it that she doesnt have much movement. so i suggest giving her movement speed skills (AAU7/Ach's Mk3)
and have her with some movement speed that should be fine.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:46 pm

There's also Counter skills. (...which you pointed out. Ugh, I'm blind.)

BKKnight
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by BKKnight » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Thanks for the reply. I've seen moving out of range messages before, this message is a little bit different, this seems to say i'm out of attacking status, after being hit by attack. This is happening with just regular attack hits, like from an arnval's pdw. Maybe I'll get a screenshot of it. Also thanks for the sword tip, I've been using arnval's m8 to start off, I'll look into Altines' equipment, I haven't used her code yet. No Ach equipment until December. :sad:

Sparkster
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Sparkster » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:52 pm

Altlene is a glass cannon. You should work her close and mid range sense, and focus on having the threat of rushdown, a powerful mid/close fight build, and a tension set if you have one. It seems as though if you want to win with her, you have to be able to read all of the enemy setups so you can best exploit its weakness. Otherwise you lose at long range, and close range power-builds will kill you in a few turns. Swords work fine up close, but you need some lances to cover the mid range gap. There may be some good long-range physical weapons as well, but I don't have any yet.

I haven't had any luck with Altlene's Tension set on her, since I usually don't give her multi-hit weapons, and having her try and dodge/guard gets her killed before the meter is built, and then she loses even more defense. I'll try Eukrante's next.

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Post by gundamboi » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:58 pm

it is best to not care too much for her dodge/def when u are using her, her damage/accuracy rules over all other shinkis, so in a closerange battle, unless u are getting pushed back, u have a big upperhand since yourdamage with the same sword would probably be 200~300 more than your enemy.

her life is good too so fighting headon is not much of a problem, with her armour set more anti-stun/down, you can cancel most tactical enemies too.

(oh i 4got to tell u that her flight mode backpack have a movement skill*) and compaired to her sister, her gelscale attacks from a far range, usually dealing 2400+ or more damage. so even if you cant chase an enemy, they do die in 1 hit too.

if you have other armours, its best to use them to support her own set, since her set does suit her quiet well. i had a set on her, having 200+atk/200+dodge/200+dodge/60+ accuracy with goood movement speed too. of cause with her armour 100+stun and almost 200 down resist.
Think its mostly her set + japanese dodge set + strarf's +atk swords. and also with 3 major resist lv1 down.

with a wooden sword, practically owned everyone other than push backs and snipers.