Moderator: Sword

Joker
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach

Another Question Thread

Post by Joker » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:31 am

Yes, yet another question thread on this board, made since most existing threads have specific questions being discussed already.

I have been playing BR for a short amount of time now (2 at lvl 150), but still have many questions about the game. I thank you in advance for taking your time in viewing this post.

On to the questions:

1. I am under the assumption that lp and sp can only be leveled through official battles. Are there any tricks or tips to levelling sp or lp exclusively, or at the least, a minimal amount of experience on the other stats (such as atk, acc, avoid, def)? My attempts at lvling sp has me ending up with a balanced set in the other stats, something I do not want.

2. How does SP gain experience? I'm assuming it's either number of skills used or damage of skills.

3. What is the source of skill damage? (atk lvl, sp lvl, or other is what I'm thinking)

4. I have read in several places about "CSC Farming". However I have not been able to create such a shinki for non premium usage. I read that I would need a low level dodge type shinki to go after simulation battles and take no damage. Are there any guides or more information out there in creating one?

5. Is it different to farm in premium?

6. Is there a random factor in stats? For example, will 2 fubuki with the same non lp affecting csc and level in lp have the exact same lp?

7. I also read about how training lowers the shinki AI, while official battles raise it. Is there a limit to how much it may be raised / lowered? I've seen level 300s with all in attack, and I'm assuming training is the only way to do such a thing. Under those circumstances, would you have to do another 300 battles to raise its AI back up to normal, or is there a bottom limit for the ai, for example 20 battles, that would return it to starting point/above starting?

Thank you again for going through my questions.
~Joker

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Re: Another Question Thread

Post by gundamboi » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:57 am

1) LP and SP can only be gained through official battles. Ppl then to use weapons with minimal atk and bad accuracy to train them exclusively(since it tend to drag on the battle longer?). I think the best method is still with Lucky coin though(i didnt have it. you need to win official battle with gamble set to get it).

2) Continuing from 1), i'm not too sure, but SP does gain more by the amount of sp used for the whole battle. (Using more skills does use more overall SP) I'm 99% sure it does not get affected by dmg of skill though. Meaning, spam your SP if you want your sp to gain fast. [Lowest add-on 50SP, lowest
Skill 150SP, lowest counter 100SP]

3) Skill dmg is based on the skill itself + dmg per skill lv(only a lit bit) after its minimum casting lv. Skill stats can be seen by pressing top right corner when you are customising your shinki.

4) Farming can be done by any shinki so long as you can confidently apply to one or more of the repeatable achivements. (win without getting hit/ win with using 5 skills or more/ win with your life 3x lower than enemy/ getting shinki to max level) it need not be low level nor does it needs to take no dmg.
e.g. I used to use my Zydra to farm since when she's max lvl she can spam quite a lot of low sp usage skills. and if her as dodge type, i could get 3 achivements per battle quite easily.

5) It is basically the same as premium, just that premim have more battle oppoments to choose from, which also means they do have easier NPC to "farm" the achivements.

6) The shinki's base stats will not change but the cores you put in will have their stats rowed. for LP and SP i think they do to a certain extent too, but im not too sure about it.

7) This is old info, but i guess will let u see the picture. They do have a lower limit. The harder the training the shinki undertook the more it minus. With failure x2 that amount. The limit from long ago is -16 (i donno if its still the same) and it does minus that stat a hell lot. With each official battle, it increases. And if i remember correctly, it takes 4 battles to get it back to normal. So if you are that lv300 str's first 4 battle opponent, good for you. I'm talking about Stats AI here, the range sense that i am not sure how much it minus.

btw. those with lv300 str are usually premum players who used premium training that bypass the AI lowering

Joker
MMS Naked

Post by Joker » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:14 pm

Thank you for answering my questions, they are appreciated.

From the answers, more questions popped into mind though :*)

1. So the attack stat does not affect shinki damage with a skill, from what I read. This being the case, I saw a tri ruby missile skill user post his shinki up on a blog page, does the tri rubies itself increase skill damage, or was that just to bump up regular attack? I'm asking because I am attempted a Skill based shinki, and if those tri rubies increased my damage, thats what I would be using. If it didnt, then tri rubies inside such a shinki would be a waste of a stat upgrade from csc, in my opinion.

2. "win without getting hit": what is the difference between that and taking no damage?

3. Premium training doesnt lower the shinki AI? o.O wow.

Sorry for the trouble, and again thank you in advance for the help. :schmetterling:

gundamboi
Class A Shinki

Post by gundamboi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:37 am

From what i know, Atk stats only increase basic attacks only, unless the skill says that that skill will have added atk from str stats. (like panzer's back armour punch, valkeries's gelscale/sieg freak (sry too lazy to check the real spelling, these are just its sound pronouncation)

If you are fighting in volcano/dessert, you take damage per turn, but that does not count into win without getting hit. so you can get burn till 1/1600 and win and you will still get that achivement.

yes, premium training increase the training value and doesnt lower AI. if i remember correctly, its x5 normal training

Joker
MMS Naked

Post by Joker » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:05 am

I guess with a shinki aiming for a skill build i shouldn't use tri-rubies, but rather go sp all the way...

No more questions for now, thank you for taking your time to answer.

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:31 pm

[Report:]
Just wanted to put in some more info...

The six basic stats (LP, SP, attack, accuracy, dodge, defense), aside from the last four which can be trained, gains experience from official battle.

LP - At the end of the battle, less LP your Shinki have left gives her more experience.
SP - At the end of the battle, the more SP (in total) your Shinki spent during the battle, the more experience she gain.
Attack - At the end of the battle, the more damage your Shinki dealt (and I forget it's total or average...) the more experience she gain.
Accuracy - More hits successfully landing, more experience.
Dodge - More hits successfully avoid, more experience.
Defense - More hits defended, more experience.

...All in all, if you are looking for pure SP build, the aim would be to gain experience in SP only. There are a few tricks commonly used:

1. Use weapon with very low accuracy: No hit means no experience for accuracy and attack.
2. Long post-attack weapon: Post-attack with no counter skill will put a Shinki in no dodge no defense mode.
3. Movement skill spam: One thing about movement skill, is that, it will not takes SP regen off a turn. In order to spam movement skill, player often puts their Shinki in a position that "have to use movement skill", say, negative mobility, overweight, having three different types of armor, close or long range weapon with high pre-attack, etc.
4. Operation menual III: 600 + X SP spent, 0 damage to opponent...
5. Force dodge with negeative dodge: Unlike defense, dodge need to be "successful" in order to gain experience.

...Do keep in mind that pure SP build without the means to stay alive is likely to get out-damaged...

On the other side, SP build, when aiming for "perfection" takes extra miles just like any others would. (While they already took extra mile...)

Two Shinki with same CSC that does not effect on SP, will most likely result in different amount of SP at the same SP level -- because the amount of SP your Shinki gain from leveling up is also random to a degree. Really, restore is there for a reason...

Well, each player has their own style, finding out what's most comfortable for you will gives you more fun. Good luck with your SP build!! :D
[End of report]

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:46 pm

Just a quick edit on what GB said: It's impossible to win with your opponent having 3x your health remaining. Either they lose all their health or it's a draw. The actual achievement is for winning with them having 3x your remaining SP.

gundamboi
Class A Shinki

Post by gundamboi » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:57 pm

What i mean is that, you can be in turn 5, your LP left 200/1600, opponent's LP left 600/1800 and u have already achived the achivement, you just need to win the battle. It need not be the maximum LP that both shinkis has.

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:07 pm

[Report:]
blade_anime wrote:Just a quick edit on what GB said: It's impossible to win with your opponent having 3x your health remaining. Either they lose all their health or it's a draw. The actual achievement is for winning with them having 3x your remaining SP.
I believe gundamboi was talking about the "Win the battle which your opponent had 3 times your LP at one point" repeatable achievement.

...Totally do-able, but definitely not for CSC farming.
gundamboi wrote:What i mean is that, you can be in turn 5, your LP left 200/1600, opponent's LP left 600/1800 and u have already achived the achivement, you just need to win the battle. It need not be the maximum LP that both shinkis has.
Well, win the battle is one of the key... :P
[End of report]

PS: I don't think there is an achievement for 3 times SP...

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:45 pm

I think there is, although it might not be for a csc. And if there is, it's for the amount remaining at the end of the fight.