How about we make an English Battle Rondo wiki?

For help & discussion of Battle Rondo.

Moderator: Sword

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: How about we make an English Battle Rondo wiki?

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:41 am

Strarf's stuff is mostly all Russian. Which makes it DOUBLE hard to name her stuff as most Russian dictionaries use Cryllic.

For those working on this, you might want to look at the Japanese versions and just adapt that.

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Perhaps we should work on a translation guide page next? It can be easy to get lost. I can't even figure out how to put equipment on my shinki. I go to the equipment page, see buttons for the equipment, but nothing to actually equipt or keep the equipment on. I'm sure other people have similar issues from time to time. And it would be good to know what to do to make your shinki like you. I once again apologise for not being able to contribute anything at the moment. I'm so useless :vitulus:

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:06 am

To equip your Shinki, click on the name of the armor/weapon in the menu, then drag its icon onto the appropriate location. Weapons will go in the 5 boxes on the left, and armor goes on the different spots on your Shinki.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:38 am

Thanks. I did so and managed to get her equipped, although for some reason, Maochao and Howling's chest armor wouldn't go on Fubuki, even though it wasn't grayed out. Regardless, I beat the first mission, and I think I made my shinki like me more with sheer dumb luck with the responses. But that made me think, one of our next goals should be a menu translation, and hopefully we'll someday have a guide for interacting with your shinki. For now though, we should focus on finishing the pages already started, and then making a rough translation of the different menu options. Anybody here who knows Japanese will be a big help. If you can think of any way I can help contribute to this wiki, let me know, I don't want to be the kind of guy bossing people around and giving orders, I want to be able to help in any way I can.

Edit: A translation of the game's manual would likely be a huge help in a lot of areas. Looking for translators!

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:55 am

I got a PDF that someone kindly gave to me when I first started the game, with translations for many parts of the game. Perhaps I can upload it and share with the others working on the wiki, as well as input some of it myself. I'm just no good at organizing things but I'm happy to add things in, they'll just need to be moved to the appropriate spots later.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Post by Zero_Blazer » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:22 am

Just take a screenshot of your game, and photoshop in translations that people can use as reference.

Sonja
Class S Shinki

Post by Sonja » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Wow, this is looking great so far. I'll look through it and see if there is anything I can do to help. I might be able to at least move some more stuff over from the japanese wiki... if I have time when I get home, I could move over some shinki pages, as we're missing a lot of those.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:46 pm

Well, if you can just use the menu format I'm already using, and just transfer all the data over untranslated, that would a great help. The main reason I'm consuming a lot of time is because of the format of the table. The translations themselves don't take too long, and I'm sure anyone here knows how to copypasta.

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:14 pm

I'll see what I can do with the menu translations, though I don't know where to put them, I'll just make a thing for them and let you go wild XD

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:48 pm

Okay, yeah, there are a lotta attacks/weapons where I don't know what the hell is says. Someone already confirmed Strarf being Russian, so if anyone has Russian friends, help. T_T Same goes for Xiphos's French. I'm pretty sure it's French, since I saw "Eclair".