Moderator: Sword

foboman
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0

Total Newbie Searching Info

Post by foboman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi, guys.

I'm completely new to this Busou Shinki thing, I've actually discovered that only a week ago.

So, I've downloaded the Battle Rondo game, and I'm trying to get the whole thing just using my (bad) knowledge of Japanese, with obviously bad results.

Talking about questions:

- How the WHOLE game works? I kinda get the battle system and the equip system (means I know how to make the doll fight and how to set it), but I don't really get the shop: I MUST buy using real money everything in the game?
- When I've first started the game (remember, I'm a TOTAL newbie) i got a doll, but I don't have one in the reality, so it's just a temporary doll that I'm gonna lose after some time?
- The doll has the "infinte" symbol on the battery status, but is that normal? I've heard that dolls have to be recharged and in order to do that you have to buy using real money battery slots, is that the only way?
- Going around the shop I've actually "obtained" an item, but how I did that? I didn't have any kind of in-game money: all the counters said "0". I said that I've "obtained" it because after messing around in the shop I found it in the equip section. And it looks kinda powerful too (don't know if really is, but the look is pretty cool).

In the end, is "Battle Rondo" just a game for who actually owns dolls and equipment in order to get those in a fight or is it open to casuals just like me?

Sorry for the bad grammar, but I'm Italian.

Chalkred
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
Favorite MMS/Shinki: probably Gabrine

Re: Total Newbie Searching Info

Post by Chalkred » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:16 pm

foboman wrote: - How the WHOLE game works? I kinda get the battle system and the equip system (means I know how to make the doll fight and how to set it), but I don't really get the shop: I MUST buy using real money everything in the game?
you can buy certain things that only exist in the spt store (in the game) such as absurd weapons, clothes and armor for your virtual dolls. or you can simply buy the actual toy, input its code and get the doll in game with all of its original gear for use and mix match amid all your dolls.
foboman wrote: - When I've first started the game (remember, I'm a TOTAL newbie) i got a doll, but I don't have one in the reality, so it's just a temporary doll that I'm gonna lose after some time?
All start with that doll that comes with the game itself. Its a ninja type, Fubuki (she exists as a toy as well, but its a special) You wont lose her in the game, she is forever yours, but you must win her gear piece by piece in time as you fight with her, instead of getting it all at once , like when you input a code.
foboman wrote: - The doll has the "infinte" symbol on the battery status, but is that normal? I've heard that dolls have to be recharged and in order to do that you have to buy using real money battery slots, is that the only way?
I believe that is because of some event and it may be temporary. They do normally use up to two slots per actual battle/mission. One or Two when you train . You can buy itens in the store that allows you to refill it, or just wait some hours until you get more (it will recharge in time).

Chalkred
Class S Shinki

Post by Chalkred » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:24 pm

foboman wrote:- Going around the shop I've actually "obtained" an item, but how I did that? I didn't have any kind of in-game money: all the counters said "0". I said that I've "obtained" it because after messing around in the shop I found it in the equip section. And it looks kinda powerful too (don't know if really is, but the look is pretty cool)..
-Maybe it was a free good. We receive event prizes in times. you can also trade Cores you win with battles (by fulfillin certain conditions) to gems, and then trade those for other gear goods in a special option in the game. You can also win gear by fulfilling some conditions in battle.
foboman wrote:- In the end, is "Battle Rondo" just a game for who actually owns dolls and equipment in order to get those in a fight or is it open to casuals just like me?.
It can be fun for casuals to mess around with fubuki, but i trust youd get jaded soon. You could get yerself the trouble to buy virtual dolls in the store and play it fully i suppose. Up to you to decide after understanding how it works with fubuki and if yed like to see more.

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Post by gundamboi » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:49 pm

Those should be testing items, you used the tickets to try out real-money items for 48 hrs. 2 days time some of them maybe gone.

foboman
MMS Naked

Post by foboman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:27 pm

Thanks for the replys.

So, if I got that right:

What I'm using right now is the "Free" Doll, and it's mine. Her gear is eternal, but it must be unlocked playing through the game.
So, if I want to buy other gear i HAVE TO:
-Buy it in the reality, then use the code.
-Buy it with the in game money. QUESTION! Is paying in the reality the only way to obtain in-game money?
-Use the "Rent" ticket that let me use a given item for a couple of days. QUESTION! How much of this tickets I have? There's a way to obtain more of them?

And, if I want to buy other Dolls i HAVE TO:
-Buy those in the reality, then use the code.
-Buy it with the in-game money. And here we go back to the same question above.

So, just to sintetize:

- Is converting real money in SPT the only way to get them?
- How much "rent" tickets I have? There's a way to get more of them?
- Is converting a "core" in gems a way to get SPT? If not, I can buy only gear with gems?

--
I know that everything would be simplier if I just buy the actual dolls (they would be fin to expose too), but there's no market here in Italy: nobody sells them and nobody import them, so I would have to order everything online, and beside the fact that I don't have a clue about how to do that, it would resulting in a way high expensive method (importation=lots of money).

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:50 pm

There's 2 kinds of currency in the game: GEM and SPT. GEM is used in the GEM shop to buy items there, and GEM can be obtained from events or trading in CSCs. SPT used for the SPT shop can only be obtained by spending real money.

You only get 3 trial tickets when you first log into the game. I don't think there's a way to get any more after that.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

foboman
MMS Naked

Post by foboman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Got it.

So in order to obtain new items i must play and collect CSC to have them free.

For everything else I must pay.

I assume that the conversion real money->SPT is not very easy to do outside Japan, isn't it?

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:46 pm

You can get a lot of items by doing missions and such too.

Chalkred
Class S Shinki

Post by Chalkred » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:16 pm

foboman wrote: I know that everything would be simplier if I just buy the actual dolls (they would be fin to expose too), but there's no market here in Italy: nobody sells them and nobody import them, so I would have to order everything online, and beside the fact that I don't have a clue about how to do that, it would resulting in a way high expensive method (importation=lots of money).
I used to be like that- In fact the first thing i bought online/import was one of these. I really wanted to buy ONE after dating photos of em for some years- and did so via a friend.
Needless to say, after that i learned to give ebay (and then online stores) use, I finally realized its actually real simple to use paypal. (screw ONE i want a FEW-read all i cannot let pass me- and this because i cannot have ALL for the heck of it)

But my interest is focused on the "toys" over the game anytime (i seldom play) from the first one up- each i pick is a beauty. ; )
And to be fair, using the spt store/money trade should not be simpler- not much dif i suppose?