Moderator: Sword

catacyst
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Getting tense with Zyrdarya

Post by catacyst » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:53 pm

So, legend has it I just won a Zyrdarya and a Zelnogrard in an eBay auction. I've pretty much figured out what I plan on doing with Zel, but Zyr is a whole different beast, given that this will be my first Shinki with the possibility to use tension. Now I've come to you fine folks to implore you on the details of building a game around tension.

I already know three important things about tension builds: hit often, survive, and survive longer. So, how shall I get about accomplishing these?

First off, what weapons would capitalize on making more hits? I've seen Shinki dual-wield pistols, swords, and knives, but is that always necessary? I saw several Shinki the other day using some sort of sonic wave gun that hit well, did plenty of damage, and had some serious stun. Anyone know this weapon, how to get it, or how to get any other useful weapons from achievements, missions, and such?

The second bit is how to get Zyrdarya to live long enough to use her tension. I know I'm probably going to need to use as much of her dodge as I can. Also, her SP is pretty stellar. Does tension generally use SP at all, or is her SP stat simply a way of encouraging the use of avoidance skills?

Anyone with any other advice on making tension builds, especially Zyrdarya, feel free to make your comments. I'm very much looking forward to this!
Come visit my blog:

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Getting tense with Zyrdarya

Post by PenPen » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:28 am

[Report:]
I guess not too many people would like to make a step on Zyr's tension... So here goes my take.

First of all, Zyr's tension set is probably one of the least seen/used tensions in BR, and with a few major reasons for being so.

- The set ends up with very limited space for addition armor.
- The set takes away both wrists plus back.
- The set's total stats is not so high.
- The set most likely requires SP build. (As skill costs twice amount of SP usage when tension is activate.)
- No dodge/defense/count when tension is activate.

...I am going to avoid comment even further, but basically, you will need a Shinki that's high on SP, then dodge and/or LP. And be prepared give up S rank unless she is really really really really "high-end", otherwise you are really really really luck. (Plus you must know what you are doing. Do plan ahead.)

Anyway, Zyr's tension set does evolve into the following subsets:

1. One hit kill -- Thunder God belt + Dragon slayer/crash + tension activate = 8000+ damage... Use Ninja throw to avoid block/skill nullify.

But keep in mind that SP usage is twice when tension is activated. Dragon slayer will require at least 1600 SP, and ninja throw will require at least 1200 SP.

2. Skill Skill Skill -- M16A1 (from Fortbragg) and/or M4 light saber (from Arnval), regular skill damage around 1000, tension skill damage around 2000 and sometimes even 3000 for M16A1 (vs dodge type without reduction).

If your Shinki's total SP is higher than 1500, then she can keep on using/spamming skill for three turns during tension is activated.

3. Stun/Down for three turns -- somewhat a variation of 1 and 2, to accommodate "No dodge/block/count while tension is activated".

Also needs SP 1500+. Really fun to watch, though.
[End of report]

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 am

I've made a Zyr tension build with high acc and high dodge (and a ton of SP, obviously). It uses the 16-hit chaingun and has 8 missiles. It builds tension fairly quickly and has a follow-up skill for about 3100 damage if it's not reduced by stuff.

It's still not as good as the non-tension build i use for her, but it's okay in certain situations. Like against guard-types or against that 10k health event boss from a while ago.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Post by Zero_Blazer » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:43 am

So some shinkis have good tensions and some have bad? Can someone list off which ones are recommended and which ones aren't?

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:51 am

Zero_Blazer wrote:So some shinkis have good tensions and some have bad? Can someone list off which ones are recommended and which ones aren't?
The ones you see other people use frequently are the good ones. lol

For example, Juvisy's is probably one of the best since so many people use it. I also see a few Yda and Ach sets out there. Ach's tension is very scary. I never looked into the details of it, but it just looks like the damage just goes up and up each turn. I've never seen anyone use Vitulus' or Tigris' tension sets. Oh! Schmetterling's tension set is another common one to see. I've seen FortBragg's a few times.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:29 am

Most of them can be pretty decent if you have a proper build for it, but you must sacrifice some stuff equipment-wise too.

Might as well make a list- (correct me if i'm wrong on any of this)
Tsugaru: Doesn't attack for three turns, but gets more than one movement each turn. At the end, does an attack that does more damage the more hits she evaded.
Zyr: Double SP recovery and recovery the turn after skill use, double SP consumption, double skill damage, and small increase to normal damage.
Juvy: Can block while moving, does an attack with damage related to your defense.
Bragg: Can't block or move, but does a strong cannon attack.
Euk: Gets an attack with decent damage and high down.
Ia: Turns the stage to water and gets a strong missile attack.
Tigris: Immune to damage, but can be overwhelmed by multiple hits depending on weapon weight. Has three strong attacks.
Vitty: Has a strong pistol attack.
Ach: Gets an attack based on movement speed. Damage increases each turn with movement, but decreases when hit.
Yda: Automatically dodges and counterattacks melee, gets a decent melee attack with high down.
Schmet: Gets an attack that does more damage the closer you are. Also charms, which causes the opponent to move closer to her.
Mizuki: Decreases guard, but increases dodge. Skills don't cost SP anymore, but SP doesn't recover either.

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Post by gundamboi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:51 pm

just want to add on a lit bit

juvy's atk is a skill. (cannot be used when schmet's tension is on) countered*
:fortbragg: 's cannon is 0~400 range, sure hit move (unlike the movie)
:vitulus: 's atk dmg increases according to your shinki's accuracy, not equipment accuracy, and its also armor piercing.
(gd against def units, if u can survive till tension)
:ianeira:
tension set attacks that are not skills can be dodged. (other than tsuguru's)

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:51 pm

[Report:]
Aside from Xmas, Bragg and Juvy (and skill, of course), all other tension can be dodged. Also, Bragg's can be countered...

There is no "block" during Mizuki's tension. (No spamming holy feather, lol.) Plus if you attack first, you will continue to be in post attack state until the turn ends.

Yda's counter attack happens when the opponent's between 0-150, not a skill (or coin/dice... oh and Bragg's), and when your Shinki's not pre-attack/post-attack.

Euk's 100% down when hit.

===== ===== ===== ===== =====

I think if by "good", you mean ease of setup and use, then I would say Juvy's probably the easiest -- to win with it or not is another story...

If you go by winning rate... Personally I think Schmett's gives me the highest winning rate by far. Especially when your Shinki build for it and knows how to use it. (And lucky for most of the time... I can't be happier than getting a first turn charm on all the long range AS type I faced so far.)

And yeah, give a high attack/accuracy/dodge type Howling Tigris' tension -- she WILL do wonder. (Preferably with little dragon for follow up skill, otherwise it may take forever to build up the tension.) But do keep in mind, that AT field went down in one hit with Schmett's shot for your heart... Unless they changed it. (One of the most oooooooh and aaaaaaah and LOL moment in my tea room history.)
[End of report]

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:59 pm

AT Field?
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Post by Zero_Blazer » Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:25 am

Evangelion reference.