Moderator: Sword

catacyst
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Re: How to Murmeltier

Post by catacyst » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:33 am

Cool, I will certainly start getting work done on those missions now!

Also, what's the degree of effect this range mastery has on accuracy and defense? Are there any exact numbers or calculations that are available to determine this? I suppose you would have first-hand experience with just how significant range mastery is.
Come visit my blog:

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:13 am

Well, my Asuka used to be good at long and close range when I decided to go ahead and shoot for triple range. When she did her first mid-range mission (A-class II against Howling), she did about 40 damage with the Boomerang I think. And then after getting near +10 mid-range, damage went up to around 150 if I'm not mistaken. And it should be noted that I have the nighttime Asuka, so her attack rating is △, which is bad.

As for effect on accuracy, when my Asuka finally got all 3 ranges as high as possible, these were the results using 3 weapons that all have 1hit/200 accuracy (Ultimate Wooden Sword: 0-80, Pink Pillow: 100-200, Japanese Bow: 200-300). These were all in "My Shinki Battles" against an Yda with an evasion set (over 200 evasion). Asuka herself had no gear that affected accuracy. I believe I only used 2 pieces of armor on her for mobility.

- Ultimate Wooden Sword: 70.4% = +10.0
- Pink Pillow: 65.6% = +9.6
- Japanese Bow: 65.3% = +9.2

- Ultimate Wooden Sword: 69.3% = +9.2
- Pink Pillow: 66.1% = +10.0
- Japanese Bow: 65.8% = +9.6

- Ultimate Wooden Sword: 69.9% = +9.6
- Pink Pillow: 65.0% = +9.2
- Japanese Bow: 66.4% = +10.0

So in this case, 0.8 is about 1.1% of accuracy, which equals something like 1.375% of accuracy per point. Against a Shinki with lower evasion, the percentages might be larger. Hmm. That sounds like something fun to test out. You can also see the effect of swords being one of Asuka's specialty weapon types.

Finally, I was just a bit curious about evasion, so here's the results of Yda's accuracy before and after I had Asuka do a mission where she only used short-range attacks.

Yda's Accuracy Before -
- Ultimate Wooden Sword: 87.3%
- Boomerang: 91.0%
- Machine gun: 64.1% @ mid

Yda's Accuracy After -
- Ultimate Wooden Sword: 86.5%
- Boomerang: 91.4%
- Machine gun: 64.7% @ mid

So after I praised Asuka for winning a mission using only short-range attacks, Yda's short-range accuracy went down. Yda was using a set that had multiple weapons just so I could save some time. The results show what I wanted to know, so it doesn't really matter that she didn't use long-range attacks.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:49 am

Ultimate Wooden Sword is the bokken everyone's using instead of the shinai now, right?

Where do you get it?

EDIT: nvm, i think i found it... Buy the GEM bokuto, then win with it to get increasingly better bokuto?

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:26 am

Sword wrote:Ultimate Wooden Sword is the bokken everyone's using instead of the shinai now, right?

Where do you get it?

EDIT: nvm, i think i found it... Buy the GEM bokuto, then win with it to get increasingly better bokuto?
Right. It's a pretty long process that requires an incredible amount of luck.

You need to win an official battle with the 木刀 to get the いいかんじの木刀, and then you have to win an official battle with your last strike being with the 木刀 to unlock the next achievement. Then you win with the いいかんじの木刀 to get the すごい木刀, win with the すごい木刀 to get the つよい木刀, and then win with the つよい木刀 to get the やばい木刀. Finally, the last step requires tons of luck. You need to defeat an opponent with the やばい木刀, but your opponent must also be using the やばい木刀. If you can do this, you will get the 最強の木刀. And of course, these all need to be wins in official battles.

400 attack, 200acc/1Hit, 20 startup, 100 stun...It is a beastly weapon.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

catacyst
Class C Shinki

Post by catacyst » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:53 pm

Wow, excellent research MaximumBurst!

Are there any indicators in-game that can be used to determine your exact mastery at the given ranges? Also, does better range sense affect training in any way?

This all reminds me, how come there's no English wiki? Info like this would not only be useful to catalogue, but the ability to learn and master these subtlties would probably attract more English-speaking players as well as keep them around. After all, a lot of people I know left the game because the Japanese have such a gross advantage over us.
Come visit my blog:

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:10 pm

Unfortunately, everything about range sense is hidden, so all you can go by is the accuracy rating in the battle log.

And the only thing that affects Training is affection. But even with very high affection, the results of training are still very random.

I should also mention that I wouldn't know what I know now if it weren't for people like Pen-pen and Sword. You can scroll down to some of the threads I made and see how noobish I was when I started. :schmetterling:

catacyst
Class C Shinki

Post by catacyst » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:17 pm

Given that all this training and whatnot takes some time, does anyone know of any surefire way to obtain those full battery recharges? Cutting the whole process down a few days and getting my bearings on the whole range business may be just what I need to get motivated.
Come visit my blog:

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:17 pm

MaximumBurst wrote:Finally, the last step requires tons of luck. You need to defeat an opponent with the やばい木刀, but your opponent must also be using the やばい木刀. If you can do this, you will get the 最強の木刀. And of course, these all need to be wins in official battles.

400 attack, 200acc/1Hit, 20 startup, 100 stun...It is a beastly weapon.
Riiight. That last step is pretty crap.

But the やばい木刀 is pretty scary already, so i guess i can just equip that on my japanese builds.
Actually, the normal 木刀 is pretty decent. About as good as the shinai, and that is often called broken.