Moderator: Sword

catacyst
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Update on June 29th?

Post by catacyst » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:31 am

So, does anyone know exactly what was added by this last Battle Rondo patch?
Come visit my blog:

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Re: Update on June 29th?

Post by MaximumBurst » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:26 am

The message boxes at ShinkiNet don't appear to have anything about content updates. They must be doing some important maintenance or something. Maybe we'll get a free Premium day as an apology!

It could also be about Altines, but I don't see anything about when they're adding her.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:49 am

[Report:]
MaximumBurst wrote:It could also be about Altines, but I don't see anything about when they're adding her.
http://www.maintemgr.konamistyle.jp/mds ... p?mid=6581
http://www.maintemgr.konamistyle.jp/mds ... p?mid=6587
http://www.shinki-net.konami.jp/shop/item1007.html
http://www.shinki-net.konami.jp/

Yup, that's her... There is a long long update comes along too...
[End of report]

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:59 am

Did I read that right? She has a "Small size body"? In this case, they might have plans to include Baby Razz and Sharatang when they are released. Hm. I wonder what type those two will be. "Mecha" again? Maybe "Fancy".
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

catacyst
Class C Shinki

Post by catacyst » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:36 am

Oh my, I'm already super upset with Altines. She's got the tension, movement, and her combat stats seem quite good. She keeps destroying my Arnval, and I've had to play Altines all night. Anyone have any ideas as to builds to work against her or noticed weaknesses with Altines all-together?
Come visit my blog:

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:53 am

There's a few ways to counter a Tension type that I can think of. One of the best ways would be to have a high-evasion build. It would also be advisable to also use a set that has Tension, plus "Comical" weapons. Your opponent will likely have high hit-count weapons, so you let them fill your guage, and your "Comical" weapons will reduce their guage hopefully allowing you to fill your bar first.

High-mobility types are troublesome. Most of them are the "fly-back and use Arnval's cannon" types. For Shinkis that fly back, you can try to fly forward. If you have one of the movement skills, I think your Shinki will use it to fly forward if the opponent's movement stat is quite a bit greater than yours. I was beaten badly by a Shinki who used Ach's leg pieces for Phantom Accel. I had higher a movement stat than my opponent, so my Shinki didn't resort to using the fly-back skill. So while I moved backwards normally, my opponent would use Phantom Accel to catch up to me and hit me.

Another possibility to fight against Shinkis that would fly back would be to fight using ranged weapons as well. Use one of the pieces of equipment that has "Shooting damage resistance Lv1" and then try to outlast the opponent. It might be good to consider a "Throwing damage resistance Lv1" piece of armor as well to cover most ranged attacks.

Now, if the opponent is a melee type with high mobility, then of course one of the best ways to fight is to also use melee. They likely spent a lot of space on the high-mobility gear, so loading up on any other stat would be an advantage against that Shinki. Try for equipment with "Melee damage resistance Lv1" as well.

Another tip in general would be to watch out for opponents with low stun resist. Taking advantage of that could mean an easy victory.

catacyst
Class C Shinki

Post by catacyst » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:49 pm

Thanks Maximum, my melee/mid-range Strarf seems to handle Altines very easily. The sniping Arnval build you mentioned fails miserably against her however, as Altines seems very capable of keeping up with my Arnval.

Also, I noticed there were more updates today. Anyone have any idea what those were about?
Come visit my blog:

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Post by Zero_Blazer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:16 pm

Do updates occur this often? I swear, there's like an update every day this week. :(

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:20 pm

Unfortunately, Konami doesn't do a very good job of implementing their new stuff; so every time they add something new, they usually have to go back and fix something about it a few times. There was an entire event that they had to completely shut down because it was causing massive lag.

Konami... :vitulus:

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:33 pm

[Report:]
I guess it is still not too late to put up a little warning...

For those who is currently playing with the update from July 3rd -- this current version is quite buggy...

1) Sometimes *hit* sound effect will not play during the battle.
2) While equip Altines's wrist armor, dual gun become 9 hits as well.
3) Altines' sword count as "dagger" when wearing alone with wrist armor (I believe it was only intended for dual sword + wrist armor...)
4) Special dual sword results in using single sword at a time.
5) Game *sometimes* crashes when equip with full Altines' armor/weapon.
6) Altlene's achievements are buggy. (Becomes repeat-able.)
7) New team mission "Battle Master" crashes the game.

...Then there is the server become highly un-stable from time to time (as it kicks everyone off for no reason or pre-warning).

So yeah, the updates between July 1st to 3rd are all about bug fixing - and I believe there will be more updates coming for more bug fixing...

All in all, the current condition is bad enough that it became almost un-playable. Highly suggest to skip official battles until 573 stabilize if you are aiming to rank up -- unless you want to get two rank S achievement awards.
[End of report]