Moderator: Sword

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Re: Few Newbie Questions

Post by Zero_Blazer » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:28 am

So I've decided to try using my GEM on new CSCs. If people have good CSC combos, I'd like to hear them. Here are the builds I'm aiming for based on the information I've heard from around this forum in the last month. If someone thinks a different build is better, please mention it.

Fubuki: Close Range Dodge Type
Tri-BloodStone

Arnval: Mid Range Dodge Type (mainly using Machine Guns and Railgun)
2 Cat's Eyes, Bloodstone

Valona: Close Range Dodge Type
Amethyst, Garnet, (I dunno 3rd)

I"m also expecting a Strarf sometime this week. I'm not exactly sure what the best kind of build is for her. Gundam mentioned a magical stick, but that's Shinki Shop only, so I don't think I'll get that. With only the Shinkis I have at the moment, as well as perhaps ones from the GEM shop, what would be a good Strarf to make. Thanks in advance.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:49 am

Make sure you know that the CSCs that raise two stats like Bloodstone can also lower the two other stats. So your Shinki's attack and defense powers might get weaker.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:50 pm

Yeah I know. I'm guessing it's bad going into a battle with 0 accuracy. So tri-lapis build for Strarf probably isn't the best idea ever without that cheap magical stick. What's a good alternative everyone is using?

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:01 pm

I think most people usually use 3 of one kind of CSC. For getting to S-class, 3 Moonstones would probably be a great choice. People have also had success using 3 Rubies, 3 Amethysts, or 3 Cat's Eyes. In general though, a Shinki with 3 Diamonds that can hit Level 270-330 is going to be very powerful in the end, but might have trouble getting to S-class. It really takes a lot of luck (and the more money you spend, the less luck you need really).

This guy's blog shows his various success getting his Shinki's to S-class and what CSCs they have. http://chikar.blog71.fc2.com/blog-category-41.html
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:35 pm

Is that for the old version or the new version? Cause i heard they redid some stuff recently so that S Class is harder to get to.

Anyways, would tri-ruby really work? It doesn't sound that great to be honest...

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:13 am

I don't know about new versions or old versions. That guy's last entry with the Strarf hitting S with 3 Rubies is from April 30 at least. I haven't heard anything about them making it harder to get to S-class as far as I've been playing. It has always seemed hard to me. lol

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:32 am

Well, trying tri-ruby. If it doesn't work out I can always just reset her.

I sound so cold. =(

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:51 am

I noticed shinkis start developing certain attacks they prefer. Such as my Arnval never using Angelic Sky to fly away. How do you make your shinki want to use certain skills? She also has a fetish for meleeing since she always tries it. I give her swords to defend herself close range, but she goes in sometimes even when she could easily go back for a ranged attack.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:30 am

Also, are there equipment that makes a shinki not use skills? Sometimes my shinkis who use skills frequently just suddenly stop using skills all together toward some enemies.

EDIT: Ugh..a close-range Strarf doesn't feel like such a good idea. She can't reach the enemy if she's got movement in the negatives, but she is good at swords and broadswords. Do most people use Strarf in close or long range?

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:44 pm

[Report:]
***Warning, this is going to be a post that might offend some players... If you are offended, please know that is not my intention.
Zero_Blazer wrote:Is that for the old version or the new version? Cause i heard they redid some stuff recently so that S Class is harder to get to.
http://ihpsk.net/blog/media/blogs/penpe ... 02_001.jpg
http://ihpsk.net/blog/media/blogs/penpe ... 02_002.jpg
http://ihpsk.net/blog/media/blogs/penpe ... 02_004.jpg

...It's long weekend in Canada, so I started Angel Type Mk II on Friday, July 30's morning.

Two sets in Rank C and B -- one with strongest wooden sword, one with long range beam rifle (type 108 modded).

One set in Rank A. (Take a guess...)

...The process does not makes me happy in one bit (plus although she is a tri-cat eyes, she's slower than my seed type -- with 50 in difference from equipments mobility), but just want you to know that with the time, money (in equipments) and experience I have, top these with the recent tide of new comers, rank S is really that easy nowadays...

Please don't get me wrong. I am happy that I got the achievement doll (cute to an extreme!), but the process is really no fun at all. (Then again, waiting that 100 battles before restore was no fun to begin with...)
Zero_Blazer wrote:I noticed shinkis start developing certain attacks they prefer. Such as my Arnval never using Angelic Sky to fly away. How do you make your shinki want to use certain skills? She also has a fetish for meleeing since she always tries it. I give her swords to defend herself close range, but she goes in sometimes even when she could easily go back for a ranged attack.
Zero_Blazer wrote:Also, are there equipment that makes a shinki not use skills? Sometimes my shinkis who use skills frequently just suddenly stop using skills all together toward some enemies.

EDIT: Ugh..a close-range Strarf doesn't feel like such a good idea. She can't reach the enemy if she's got movement in the negatives, but she is good at swords and broadswords. Do most people use Strarf in close or long range?
Sometimes a Shinki is really bad with skill usage, there are three things to think about:

1. Skill training - train her until she use skill whenever possible, however, chances are sometimes she will fall back into not using it, then you need to do some more training...

2. Restore - and hopefully her AI gets better sense with skill this time... But be warn that she might develop hobby of not using skill... Then you need to do some more training... (Argh)

3. Attack/Accuracy build - give up on skill usage all together. But this actually requires more luck then it seems. (Because there are Shinki with Lv100 accuracy, plus 120 from the equipment, still ends up with 10% on a dodge Lv29 opponent in her best range...)

...I would suggest you to start with skill training, then restore if she just not be able to do it.

===== ===== ===== ===== =====

According to someone's test (written in Traditional Chinese), mass production Lv330 tri-diamonds has been done on the 64th try. The method:

Requirement, tri-diamonds Shinki + premium pass.

1. Hit training with mouse.
2. Use "Enter" to skip pre-training speech.
3. Use "ESC" to skip training screen.
4. Use "Enter" to skip post-training speech.
5. Use "Enter" to skip report.
6. If not max level yet, repeat 1-5. Otherwise, goto 7.
7. If Lv330 is not the max level, reset and restart.

...Total hours taken is roughly 20 hours. (Due to lack of step 5 in the earlier tries.)

...Just some information...
[End of report]

PS: "Shinki is a mirror to her owner..." by Strarf Mk II -- this is gotta be the new best line I heard!