Moderator: Sword

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Re: Few Newbie Questions

Post by Sword » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:55 am

I'd suggest taking her to max level before resetting. Gets you a few achievements if you it the first time.

I haven't trained a shinki for a while. Doing mostly SP builds, because i feel they work better.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Post by Zero_Blazer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:17 am

Already reset her. XD Oh well it's okay.

Sent Arnval into battle at level 5 evade. Lost. Oh well, expected it.

I'm training a lot now. Basically training only evasion for both Fubuki and Arnval. Hopefully this'll help.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:34 am

This is from an old thread.
Xerain wrote:Also keep keep AI degradation from training in mind. If you are training accuracy, for example, your Shinki's accuracy will be degraded for the next couple official battles. You don't see this, it is hidden. Generally 2 training sessions takes 1 official battle to reverse. Degradation tops out at -10 units, taking 5 official battles to get back up to full effect. IIRC, that is.
And then I remember someone suggesting alternating between 1 official battle and 1 training session for best results. When starting a brand new Shinki, working on range sense and affection in the "C-class I" mission probably would be a better idea than starting out with a lot of training. And then alternate between official battles and training when you want to focus on a particular stat, usually evasion since it typically levels up slower than attack and accuracy through official battles.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:28 pm

Lol thought so. Oh well. I trained all day yesterday. To even that out I'll official battle all day today. Then I'll alternate. How do you specialize on your SP training? I'm not sure how to do that...

On a side note AmiAmi couldn't find Strarf bis and only Velona. To be honest Velona was only a slap-on. The one I really wanted was Strarf. T_T

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:00 pm

Focusing on SP is very tricky without the right parts. In the early stages, I think the followup skill from Maochao's cat subweapon is an easy way to work on it. Another way would be to use a few of the missile subweapons from the Shinki Shop. Basically, you just want to use skills as much as possible. As you level up, using a fly-back skill is another good way to focus on SP. I'm sure there's much better ways out there, but I don't know what they are.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Okay, then I'll just forget about it right now. I'll use more skills later on in the game when I can.

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:25 pm

If you don't have SPT, there's free followup skill-equips like the hitodama and the snowmen.

But in general, to train SP just do more OBs. And make sure you tell your shinki to use skills as much as possible. And of course equip such that you have at least 1 skill in the range that you usually operate in.

catacyst
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by catacyst » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:40 pm

PenPen wrote: 5) Simulation battle away for "non-damage" achievement.
Wait wait wait, so you can actually use simulation battles to get some achievements? Are there any other achievements that would be optimal for simulation battles, then?
Come visit my blog:

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:12 pm

Well, as metioned before, the backorder Velona I ordered managed to make it, but the Strarf bis didn't, and I really want a full armored MMS, not just a light armor. I only have Arnval (from a friend, he's so nice :*) ) and the default Fubuki. Hoping for one for around 40 bucks as well.

This probably isn't the right section, but I'm buying these for Battle Rondo, so I felt putting this in the toy section might not have been the right place. If anyone replies, thanks. :)

catacyst
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by catacyst » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:12 pm

Wow, that seems decently fast for a back-order, no? Where'd you order the Velona from? (oh, and Strarf Bis ftw)

As indicated by my thread, I've got a Murmeltier in the mail now, and I'm all sorts of excited. This whole Busou Shinki/Battle Rondo business really got the better of me. I'm also super psyched for my copy of Battle Masters I pre-ordered. Only 8 more days to go!

On a more related note, and speaking of Murmeltier, would it be a good idea to focus a bit more on SP with her? MaximumBurst already informed me that I'd have to use a lot of skills to cover her shortcomings, so it would be good practice to try to develop her SP more, right? Should other Shinki plagued with lower aptitudes also emphasize SP? I've never really thought about doing it before, but I think my Arnval and Murmeltier might be good starting points for SP builds.

Also, I've noticed a lot of Tension Shinki with large amounts of SP, so do those go hand-in-hand in any way or is that simply coincidence?
Come visit my blog: