Moderator: Sword

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Re: Few Newbie Questions

Post by Zero_Blazer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:53 pm

And from what I've heard, the only way to put them in is to reset your shinki, right? Ughhh....>_< Does this game encourage ripping apart your shinki or something?

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:14 pm

catacyst wrote:It is true that you get CSC from new Shinki, no? While I haven't kept exact track of all my CSC, I have noticed extras added when I activated my Arnval. Still, these CSC seem to be only the basic ones. You'll need missions, achievements, and GEMs for the higher-tier CSC.
Everytime you get a new Shinki, you get 1 Ruby, 1 Emerald, 1 Topaz, and 1 Amethyst. Honestly, these CSCs aren't bad at all, and it's entirely possible to get to S-class with them. Just don't so something silly like put a Topaz in a Shinki whose body is good at evasion.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:17 pm

I'm guessing at some point I should really get Arnval. I keep getting dominated by her guns in official battles.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Zero_Blazer wrote:I'm guessing at some point I should really get Arnval. I keep getting dominated by her guns in official battles.
Yeah, being pretty much the "main" Shinki, Konami made a lot of her items very useful: her boosters, her rear wings with "Angelic Sky" movement skill, her launcher with "Hyper Blast" skill, her railgun with "Divine Blast" followup skill, her pistol with "Quick Draw" counter skill.

Most of the time, you will fight a Shinki that has at least one of those items. Actually, I haven't seen a lot of Arnval's pistol lately though...
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:28 pm

Rawr.

Okay, I'll try and get Arnval 2 next. I don't think I'll be able to get Mk 2.

Also, is it just me, or is there a crazy lack of Strarf users? For one of the first generation shinkis, she doesn't appear much in battles compared to Arnval.

EDIT: Sorry, but I'm going to semi-turn this topic into my "depression rant" topic, where I brood about having around 25 loses at a B rank while everyone else has only 10 or so. T_T

EDIT 2 (7/6): My very kind friend has given me a code for Arnval. I noticed I can't put all of her equipment on her. Does anyone have some tips for different builds of Arnval, as well as which parts from Fubuki would work well with her and also the other way around? Also, I read some other topics and saw something about doing missions with only 1 type of weapon so that she'll prefer it over another. Does that really help? Finally, if I reset my shinki, will I get her CSC cores back? Thanks.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:28 pm

Bumping...sorta. Sorry. XD Double post, noooooo

Also have another question. Do shinkis do worse with armor/weapons from another shinki? Fubuki doesn't seem to like mecha equipment, but Arnval doesn't seem to mind Japanese equipment, although I'm not sure if there's another advantage to giving her mecha. Also, You get two sabers for Arnval. Is there any purpose for having two of them? Thanks again. I'm so newb. T_T

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:05 pm

You can equip both at once, and she'll dual-wield, and I think there's a related skill for having both.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Shinkis don't mind wearing any kind of equipment, but you do have to consider a condition known as "dissonance". You'll notice that each piece of armor has a type: Japanese (和風), Mecha (メカ), Animal (アニマル), etc. If you equip 3 or more of these types on one Shinki, then she'll have dissonance, which is a condition that lowers all stats by some unknown amount. You can easily tell when this happens because all of the stats will turn red, and your Shinki will react to it in the customize screen. You can also see it in the skills menu of the customize screen as "ディゾナンス". Armor that has the 無 type does not count towards getting dissonance, so a Shinki will be fine if you only equip 和風, メカ, and 無 types for example.

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki

Post by Zero_Blazer » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:16 pm

Okay, thanks.

I asked this in my edited post, but if I reset a shinki, will I get her CSC cores back?

And my Fubuki has around 6 defense right now at level 90-something. Is that too much?

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 pm

Yes. You get your CSCs back if you reset your Shinki.

I guess that's too much. If you're raising your Fubuki to be an evasion type (which is most advisable), then she should have as little defense as possible. Unless you're telling your Fubuki to guard regular attacks, then it's pretty uncontrollable since Shinkis will usually guard skills automatically, and that causes it to level up.