Moderator: Sword

catacyst
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

So What's the Deal With Missions?

Post by catacyst » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:20 am

So I'm relatively new to this game and have spent a good portion of my time in Versus trying to get to the next class rank. Because of the battery system, I've completely neglected to do missions, so I'm not entirely sure if I'm missing something important. Are missions meant as means to unlocking new equipment, get more achievements, quickly raise player rank, or something else?

Thank you all
Come visit my blog:

Sparkster
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: So What's the Deal With Missions?

Post by Sparkster » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:34 am

There's a number of different mission sets;

Shinki Proficiency Tests are pretty easy, but are segmented into class battles (C, B, A, and S). Beating them mainly gives you some semi-worthless achievements.

Journal Challenges are unlocked when you level a shinki type to level 20 (If I'm not mistaken). If you can unlock them, try your best to complete them as they give you good achievement weapons. The downside is that unlocking them all would mean owning every shinki...

Extra Missions vary in battle conditions, but if you can understand how the mission plays out, they're worth beating. You also get milestone achievement equipment for completions.

I haven't gotten around to Team Missions, Illegal Instructions, or Secret Missions, but I'd assume you want to beat them for the items.

So the main point is to unlock equipment, and some of the extra mission setups make it easy to unlock some other achievements if you know what you're looking for. If you're trying to raise your owner rank, you're better off gaining from repeatable battle achievements. Worst-case scenario is grinding battles in the simulator for points/CSCs.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 am

Missions are also important for properly training your Shinki's behavior and range sense. Refer to pages 4 and 5 of viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1128&start=30 for more info on range sense.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

catacyst
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by catacyst » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks guys. S'pose this means I should probably focus on missions too now.
Come visit my blog:

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:32 am

Sparkster wrote:The downside is that unlocking them all would mean owning every shinki...
...That's a bad thing? Heretic :D

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Post by Zero_Blazer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:18 pm

I couldn't beat the level 30 mission with my Fubuki, and now I'm over 30. Would it be a good idea to reset her after I get parts from other shinkis so the battle is easier?

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:23 pm

I think it would be best to just keep your Fubuki going, and when you get your new Shinkis, just use those to do the low-level missions.

If Konami holds an event, it would be nice to have a high-level Shinki to take advantage of easy prizes to win.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Zero_Blazer
Class A Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach and Tempesta

Post by Zero_Blazer » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:26 am

Sorry but been wondering what point battles were. Thanks in advance.