Moderator: Sword

Ernestotaku
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Graffias Tigris

Starting with Tigris

Post by Ernestotaku » Tue May 04, 2010 12:07 pm

Hi, I have a Tigris and I can't win a single round...
Which spheres do you recommend me to use and, more important, Which weapons and armor?

I think I'm very noob at this.
Mechs and more in my blog:

http://robocesunited.blogspot.com/

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Re: Starting with Tigris

Post by Sword » Wed May 05, 2010 6:01 am

Tigris is pretty good as a general hard-hitter. I'd suggest using either mecha or japanese style and a single melee weapon of that style, preferably a sword/great sword/knuckle/axe. I'd stick with one that doesn't go over 100 range to make things easier.

I personally stick with japanese style + fubuki's scythe a lot, because it has the -25% melee damage taken arm guards and +25% damage done flag. Pretty buff for getting through C and a large part of B.

As to csc, i dunno. Moonstone + black opal + cat's eye?

Don't forget to do the first c-class training mission a couple of times before you start doing OBs.

Ernestotaku
MMS Naked

Post by Ernestotaku » Wed May 05, 2010 1:01 pm

Thank you, but, about the missions?
Which are those?From the mission option?or just training?

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Wed May 05, 2010 6:09 pm

No, mission. Not training.

The top button in the mission thing has 2 C-class thingies, 2 B-class etc etc.
The first C-class is against a lvl 8 Arnval with too many weapons. A decent level 0-3 or so shinki should be able to beat her. Of course, if you do you should praise your shinki to get their range sense up. That's the whole point.

Ernestotaku
MMS Naked

Post by Ernestotaku » Wed May 12, 2010 8:06 pm

So as my grilfriend guessed, I don't get experience but my Tigris get "Battling intelligence", am I right?

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Wed May 12, 2010 10:57 pm

Personally, I don't even know how to explain "Range Sense", but apparently it's important and repeating missions over and over helps improve this.

What I do know though is that getting the hearts to appear when you speak with your Shinki after a battle raises affection. The more affection you have, the more your Shinki will listen to you, and they will also do better in Training. There's some differences between Shinkis about getting the hearts to appear, but in general, you'll get hearts if you praise them when they win and scold them when they lose. Some Shinkis will get mad at you for scolding them when they lose, so if you're unsure then the safest choice is "自分が悪かった" where you get no hearts.

Sometimes you might have to sacrifice some affection by praising them when they lose. The only reason you'd want to do this is if they performed the way you wanted in battle, but through bad luck or whatever, you lost. For example, if they used a skill you like at the right time or something, you'd want to tell them that what they did was good.

The 3 praising phrases are: "すばらしいバトルだったぞ", "がんばったな、よしよし", and "よくやった、文句なしだ"
Scolding phrases are: "言わなきゃわからないのか", "やろ気はあるのが", and "内容に問題がありすきる"
I know there's more out there, at least one of these will always be in the list of possible choices. I'm not sure if there is any difference between different praises or scoldings though.

Edit: Okay. I think I figured out what "range sense" is. For the longest time, my Shinkis have been using a weapon with a range of 0~80. I switched one of them to use a spear earlier and I noticed that in the 0~80 range, she did about 400+ damage, but only 200-300 damage at the 100~150 range. Accuracy probably also factors into this, so I'll say that you should do the first C-class mission a lot for different ranges so that your Shinki can perform better when you want to mix up weapons. Now that my Shinkis are B-class, it's going to be much harder to work on the 100~200 weapon range :sad:
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Ernestotaku
MMS Naked

Post by Ernestotaku » Tue May 25, 2010 2:35 pm

Thanks a lot, let's see if Pattorishia(my Tigris) can achieve A Rank.

Tobias
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 17
MMS owned: 16
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Tobias » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Yes, attacking accuracy is affect by range affinity. It is actually shown in the battle text, if you can read a bit of kanji or chinese. And even if it doesn't, you can prove it quite easily by putting extreme range weapons on your melee shinki (and vice versa) and doing trial runs at the simulator.