BR Event from April 22 to May 10 - 3rd Year Celebration!!

For help & discussion of Battle Rondo.

Moderator: Sword

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: BR Event from April 22 to May 10 - 3rd Year Celebration!!

Post by PenPen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:19 pm

[Report:]
persocomsan wrote:oh, going to go check it out now, sounds fun, I can handle lag, I'm used to waiting for opponents anyway. cardboard box armor for the foot now huh, any idea how you get it?
You have to win a battle (not limited to official only) against your opponent that's wearing it.
Kunoichi wrote:Something strange happened to me, I fought with three members, we lost,but one of the team members(a Smitherling) won 65752 PP O____O while my shinki and the other one only won 20 PP,this Smitherling used a dice as a weapon and this recovered the enemy's life twice(we lost because of this)...I dont know what the hell happened ^^U
I think... You just found a bug that grants you huge (max) amount of PP in one go!

...Sadly, luck is involved for this...

===== A few things I found during the event =====

1. The wiki page gets some good detail about how PP is gained.
2. It does lag less during the non-peak hour. (Still lags, but less.)
3. The event "Shinki Planet" follows the same game play of -- beat all enemies on this node, next node appears.
4. The battle is "team battle" style, up to 3 Shinkis from different players VS 1 npc.
5. Currently, it is not knowing if the Shinki listed in selection comes from (A) players that stand on the same node, (B) players that in the event, or (C) players that are online.
6. You can select a set, and/or change the battle command of Shinki that owned by other players - this will not affect any of their setups.
7. Like other team battle, there is no end battle comment - no AI, range sense, or closeness will be affected.
8. If your goal is to gain PP, it is *HIGHLY* recommended to put your own Shinki as the first runner up - because if Shinki from other player won the battle without your help, you WILL GET ZERO PP.

===== So, what makes your pick the other two Shinki? =====

Instead of level or rank, I guess I went with the cute looking ones (set 0 outfit helps, too...).
[End of report]

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:26 am

It's just normal team play, NC. Except you pick 3 team members from a set of your shinki + 4 others.

And yeah, put your own shinki up front. Even if it's low level. If you can dent the opps health you still get some PP.

Also. I wish i could see whose shinki they are. Could pick from people you know if they happen to be there.

Sword

Post by Sword » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:18 am

So i got that 65k PP glitch off. >.>

You just have to let them end up with more health than they started with.

I used a mediocre shinki as the first opponent, to dent their health. Then myself with the dice and a stage switcher (volcano > city).

A bit of luck, and hey presto. 65k PP \o/

Kunoichi
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka,Yda,Strarf

Post by Kunoichi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:36 am

O____O now the event is gone and a premium account appeared!

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:56 am

Kunoichi wrote:O____O now the event is gone and a premium account appeared!
Yeah. I was surprised to see that. I immediately started doing the Treasure Island map in hopes of getting more Fukubiki tickets. Does anyone know if the other 3 events have good items or would be better for farming Fukubiki tickets? Otherwise, I'll just be defeating poor Ripple all day.
:schmetterling:
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Kunoichi
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka,Yda,Strarf

Post by Kunoichi » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:05 am

Yeah, I will probably do the same, but I dont remember the prizes of the first event... :maochao:

Sword

Post by Sword » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:21 am

Oho, premium tickets. <puts together a 3-diamond build> How convenient. ^.^

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:33 am

The Premium only lasts until the time that's shown when you put your cursor over it, right? Would that be Japan time or my time?
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:38 pm

[Report:]
MaximumBurst wrote:
Yeah. I was surprised to see that. I immediately started doing the Treasure Island map in hopes of getting more Fukubiki tickets. Does anyone know if the other 3 events have good items or would be better for farming Fukubiki tickets? Otherwise, I'll just be defeating poor Ripple all day.
:schmetterling:
If you already have high "chest" level (4 or 5 -- perhaps even 3) in the SummerFesta Treasure Island, I would encourage you to farm the tickets there. Otherwise, I would do Get The Secret File as my next runner up...
MaximumBurst wrote:The Premium only lasts until the time that's shown when you put your cursor over it, right? Would that be Japan time or my time?
Yes. Japan time, I believe...
I... really don't know anything encouraging to say at this point...

The event itself seems to go pretty well at the first glance, then suddenly blow up. (Could it be the max PP bug?) I mean, despise the lag (and any other hidden bugs), 573 seems to be going the right way of "bring players together" by creating this join-force team battle style.

...The world is really full of mystery...
[End of report]

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:53 pm

The time shown when I put my cursor over my Premium icon says "2010/04/29 8:11". If it's Japan time, then it should already be past that by now, and I'm still able to play on this Treasure Island map.

I think this sudden "Premium Day" is a little unfair even though I'm loving every bit of it. There's a lot of people who might already have Premium access, so they get nothing. I think it's Golden Week in Japan, so most people(?) should have the day off, but still. It was too much of a surprise I think.