Moderator: Sword

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Maximum Burst's Questions

Post by MaximumBurst » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Does a Shinki's level in a stat affect the chance of doing well in the corresponding training session?
Are there any things that can affect doing well in training?

My second question is about achievements. For the achievements where you have to clear Journal Missions, are those for clearing different missions, or can you just redo the same ones? For example, the last achievement in that category needs 24 wins. That seems pretty daunting since most of the entries can only be unlocked if you have other Shinkis.

EDIT: Changed title. Since I'm a noob, I'll be asking a lot of questions, so I'll just keep them in this thread instead of making a million new ones. lol
Last edited by MaximumBurst on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Re: Training Success + Another Question

Post by Sword » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:52 am

As far as i understand it, only affection level influences the outcome of training. And since training lowers affection, you should do well at first but it gets less later on.

i think shinkinet used to advise doing training and bouts of OB alternately.

As to the mission achievements, it's for clearing different missions. Yes, you need other shinki.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Re: Training Success + Another Question

Post by MaximumBurst » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:37 am

Ah, I see. Thanks for the help.

Another question: If two Shinkis have the same weapon, what determines who attacks first? I always cringe when I see another Shinki using Yda's sword.

ANOTHER question: How much of an effect on movement do 3 Cat's Eyes have on a Shinki? How much in movement+ gear would it take to make the build useful to move back and fight long distance? How about to chase those Shinkis who want to stay far and shoot?
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Sword

Re: Maximum Burst's Questions

Post by Sword » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:26 pm

Umm. I think initiative is random, though some shinki have a bonus to it? (Fubuki perhaps? ) Pulling your weapon out earlier helps too, of course...

Moving forward gets +20% movement bonus, so to counteract that you need A LOT of Arnval boosters (8 or so) or a movement skill (usually Arnvals or Asukas backpack). Not carrying too much stuff also helps- weight reduces movement. (And in Fubuki's case, she actually has the best movement under weight 20, reasonable movement under weight 30, and poor movement above that. )
It also increases with level. A high level Fubuki with not a lot of stuff should be able to chases anyone down as long as they don't use a skill.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:17 pm

I guess I worded that last question kinda poorly. I meant for the last 3 questions to relate to each other. Basically, I wanted to know if a Shinki with 3 Cat's Eye CSCs was noticeably better at catching up to or running away from those Shinkis with the 8 Arnval boosters and stuff.

However, I didn't know that movement gets better as a Shinki levels up. That's really interesting to know.

Sword

Post by Sword » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:58 am

Ah. Umm, i haven't tried a 3 cat's eye build, tbh.
I know a 3 malachite Juvisy build is much much better at catching people than one without movement CSC.

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:23 pm

[Report:]
MaximumBurst wrote:I guess I worded that last question kinda poorly. I meant for the last 3 questions to relate to each other. Basically, I wanted to know if a Shinki with 3 Cat's Eye CSCs was noticeably better at catching up to or running away from those Shinkis with the 8 Arnval boosters and stuff.

However, I didn't know that movement gets better as a Shinki levels up. That's really interesting to know.
It's really hard to say, actually. Because it depends on (1) your Shinki's base mobility (2) the very random CSC bonus (3) your Shinki's equipment weight and weight limit (4) your opponent Shinki's base + CSC bonus mobility, as well as weight...

...Oh, and don't forget the stage effect. Wait, am I just repeating what Sword said earlier?

Lastly, I don't think that base mobility gets better as a Shinki levels up. You can add more equipments to boost mobility up, but that's about it... (Otherwise I won't be going over so many restores.)
[End of report]

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 am

Sword wrote:I know a 3 malachite Juvisy build is much much better at catching people than one without movement CSC.
I see. That's good to know.
PenPen wrote:Lastly, I don't think that base mobility gets better as a Shinki levels up.
Hm. I see.

Here's another question: Do CSCs only affect stat growth, or do they also affect performance (of course excluding the ones that obviously DO change performance like malachite)? For example, if there were two Shinkis with the same body and attack level, would one with 3 rubies be stronger than the other with 1 ruby?

Also, when looking at the bodies on the JP wiki, I notice a stat called 重装. What exactly is this? I'd guess that the higher it is, armor weight has less of an impact on Shinki movement. This assumption is based on Murm and Strarf having high values here, and their armor looks heavy.

Sword

Post by Sword » Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:26 am

MaximumBurst wrote: Here's another question: Do CSCs only affect stat growth, or do they also affect performance (of course excluding the ones that obviously DO change performance like malachite)? For example, if there were two Shinkis with the same body and attack level, would one with 3 rubies be stronger than the other with 1 ruby?
Growth. Adding levels in a stat 'does more'.
MaximumBurst wrote: Also, when looking at the bodies on the JP wiki, I notice a stat called 重装. What exactly is this? I'd guess that the higher it is, armor weight has less of an impact on Shinki movement. This assumption is based on Murm and Strarf having high values here, and their armor looks heavy.
The higher it is, the less knockback you get.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:26 am

Sword wrote:The higher it is, the less knockback you get.
Darn. I was off there. Thanks.

Here's another batch of questions:

- Is skill damage affected by the attack stat?

- Can you get achievements (like the fishing rod ones) in My Shinki Battles? I know some are for Official Battles only, but there are some that don't specify, and I know you can get them in Simulator Battles. I was just thinking that getting the fishing rod achievements would be easier if I could use my Shinkis fishing against each other.