BR Event from March 18 to March 30 - Sairenji Island?

For help & discussion of Battle Rondo.

Moderator: Sword

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

BR Event from March 18 to March 30 - Sairenji Island?

Post by PenPen » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:59 pm

[Report:]
It has been a while since 573 put up a new BR (Battle Rondo) event... And here it is!

Official Website

===== A long back-end story =====

For owners whom joined the previous "BR Event from June 18 to June 29 - Get The Top Secret File" event before... You will probably find similarity on the map, the control, the NPC enemy, the matching card game, and even the reward (at least for the most part). It is not hard to tell that 573 has recycled the island without putting too much effort...

However, to 573's defense, the current "Sairenji Island" should be viewed as a continuation of the story line in BR's universe. (The father/daughter pair is acting upon the believe that "Shinki should used as tools", which is opposite to the sole "Shinki has a heart" idea given by BR.) And here is the brief story line about this island I have gathered so far, please do correct me if there is anything wrong or missing:

The treasure island, initially opened up at 2008's SF (Summer Festa), is a location where said to be "contains a secret treasure". Asides from all the random drops in the treasure box (if you win, you got to open a treasure box that may contains nothing or something - that's how 2008's SF works), the biggest secret was the white Ninja prototype Mizuki built by MMS Organization (it's an organization set in BR, whose job includes R&D, monitor all activities from every Shinki possible and control/resolves Shinki related issues).

In the end, at the beginning of the 2008 WF (Winter Festa), a message reveals that the sole reason to invite all owners to fight Mizuki is to collect battle data. And one of the researcher from MMS Organization, Sairenji Saigo (the father of the pair), was trying to use all those data to develop Shinki for military purpose. In the end, although the data was lost, his plan was foiled and has not been seen ever since.

As time moves on, the treasure island stays un-touched until "Get The Top Secret File" event happened - the treasure island was under attack by someone unknown, and no longer be able to keep the shape. Owners were asked to extract the top secret file before the island sinks... (I don't know the full story here, as I wasn't be able to finish the last stage. It will be great if someone can fill the blank here...)

...And now, the suppose-to-be-sunk island has re-surfaced. Every owner received an invitation of challenge from Sairenji Ayane (the daughter of the pair) to "play her little game" on what is now called "Sairenji Island"...

===== A quick break down of the current island =====

For those who didn't join the "Get The Top Secret File" event:

-- The event entrance is located in Shinki Center -> Battle -> The yellow letter.
-- Only Shinki level 5 to up can do battle on the island.
-- Each battle take 2 blocks of the battery. (Thanks for MaximumBurst to point this out.)
-- To move on the map, simply click a node. Green means you haven't won a battle at that node, Purple means you have won before, Black means you can't access it yet.
-- After you finish a battle, you will be able to play a matching card game. You will have two chances (in one go) if you won the battle; one chance otherwise. The rule didn't change, so please refer to the "Get The Top Secret File" event thread for more tricks and tips on this.
-- For green/red/black rocks that blocks the way, you will need to find and match (to get) the "bomb card" of the same color, use it to blow up the rock to gain further access.
-- For tornado and rain cloud, they go away when their number (listed at bottom left, first is tornado, second is rain cloud) reaches 0.
-- The black shadow is a special illegal type that covers over the regular on-the-spot Shinki. Fair warning - they are hard.

...Hope this helps!
[End of report]
Last edited by PenPen on Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Re: BR Event from March 18 to March 30 - Sairenji Island?

Post by MaximumBurst » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:13 pm

-- Each battle take 1 block of the battery. (Strangely enough, no notice says so?)
This isn't true. Each battle took 2 bars from my Fubuki.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

Ernestotaku
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Graffias Tigris

Post by Ernestotaku » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:57 am

Let's play!
Mechs and more in my blog:

http://robocesunited.blogspot.com/

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:35 am

Does anyone know if the Shinki you fight affects the possible amount of GEM, CSC type, or chance of a Fukubiki Ticket from the treasure game afterwards?

I know that parts cards are different between the different Shinkis, but since the only one I can beat consistently is the Maochao (リップル), I've just been beating her over and over again for GEM and tickets. I can beat the Waffebunny (リカコ), but not consistently. I hope the part that she has isn't that good. lol

Since I just started, I still have those battery recharge items, and I plan on using all of them to try to get as many GEM and tickets before the event is over. That should help me in the long run, and then when the even returns later on, I can actually try to do it properly.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

PenPen
Class A Shinki

Post by PenPen » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:43 pm

MaximumBurst wrote:Does anyone know if the Shinki you fight affects the possible amount of GEM, CSC type, or chance of a Fukubiki Ticket from the treasure game afterwards?
Three things that's different for sure would be: CSC (each node has a group of possible CSC), equipment part, and event item (if available).

There has been a post on other forum that claims the drop rate of gem and ticket also differs, but personally I can't tell.

===== =====

Apparently all Shinki previously on the island has been brainwashed (hacked into submission?). I wonder how the story is going to turn out...
[End of report]

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:14 pm

PenPen wrote:Three things that's different for sure would be: CSC (each node has a group of possible CSC), equipment part, and event item (if available).
Ah. No wonder I've been getting only Emeralds and Garnets. I just thought I was extremely unlucky.
PenPen wrote:There has been a post on other forum that claims the drop rate of gem and ticket also differs, but personally I can't tell.
I see. I can't decide if I want to spend my Fubuki's battery on leveling up so she can beat the Waffebunny easily, or just keep doing the Maochao.

Also, since I'm getting a decent amount of GEM from this event, I was wondering about suggestions on which GEM items might be most useful to have. I already got the snowmen subweapon (not as useful as I thought) and the calligraphy brush. The carp flag and rose bouquets look like the only really useful items left. Then my next priority would be saving for Diamond CSCs.

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:24 am

If you don't mind seeing your shinki get owned, you can also get prizes from losing. You just get only 1 chance at the memory game instead of 2, and i think the item chance drops. But you -can- still get them. (At least you could on the earlier islands)

EDIT: As to GEM items, the turban is great. An extra scythe or the tonfa isn't bad either. The winbee gun, aspergus spear and ear cleaner are good for some builds too.
That said, diamond/moonstone/black opal CSC are a must.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:53 am

Sword wrote:If you don't mind seeing your shinki get owned, you can also get prizes from losing. You just get only 1 chance at the memory game instead of 2, and i think the item chance drops. But you -can- still get them. (At least you could on the earlier islands)
Unfortunately, I don't have premium access, so using my 2 Shinkis in must-lose battles would really cut my GEM-earning in half. Unless there's a strategy to win the card game in one turn, I've usually been able to clear cards by using 4 turns. Win a fight, use 2 turns to flip cards and hope you don't match any, win another fight, then match up all the cards since their positions don't change.

Thanks for the tips on the GEM items.

PenPen
Class A Shinki

Post by PenPen » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Since the last SF, I think 573 has done it again...

...At this very moment (as I wrote this post), the tornado matches count required to remove it from the map is 65346... (Five digits? Gimme a break!)
[End of report]

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki

Post by MaximumBurst » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:19 am

Maybe that's why they extended the event for an extra day. lol

Edit: Maintenance did something about the tornado. And there's something in here about battery that I don't quite understand.

2010.03.26 15:30より実施いたしました緊急メンテナンスを、2010.03.26 17:30に終了いたしました。
以下の現象の修正を行いました。

【バトルロンド】
・期間限定特別ミッション「西園寺アイランド?」において竜巻が消滅しない
・バッテリーの消費が2つ必要なバトルにて、選択時に「バッテリーを1つ消費します。」と表示されている
・バッテリーの残量メモリが1つの神姫で、バッテリーの消費が2つ必要なバトルを行うとサーバーから切断されてしまう

ご利用のお客様へ、ご迷惑をおかけいたしました事を、深くお詫び申し上げます。