Moderator: Sword

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Busou Edit: Red Stats?

Post by MaximumBurst » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:43 pm

After getting lucky and winning a couple pieces of armor from Fukubiki, I slapped them on my Fubuki, but now the stats on the left became red:

Anyone know what this means?
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Busou Edit: Red Stats?

Post by halconfenix » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:16 pm

MaximumBurst wrote:After getting lucky and winning a couple pieces of armor from Fukubiki, I slapped them on my Fubuki, but now the stats on the left became red:

Anyone know what this means?

that's because all the equipment you add to a shinki has a defined "style", fubuki's equipment has japanese style, if you add another equipment that's not the same style as the one already put, all the stats will be lowered, when buidling equipment make sure it matches the same style OR get equipment with "no style"

example: Arnval and Strarf armor and weapons can be mixed and matched because both have mecha style, but if you add maochao's kitty-funnels and other parts of her equipment all the stats will be lowered due to different style equipment added to the same shinki (Mao's style is animal, not mecha)

so if you want to boost your shinki stats you need to equipment of one single style and/or no style equipment.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Re: Busou Edit: Red Stats?

Post by MaximumBurst » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Yeah. I was looking through the Japanese wiki and was able to find out that if you have 3 or more of the same style of equipment, you get a bonus that appears in the Skill menu. If you put on any other style of armor (other than the 無/"none") then the bonus disappears. Beyond that, having 3 or more different styles on your Shinki will result in Dissonance where all stats are penalized. That's the problem I had.

The style bonus you get gives +20% attack and accuracy to weapons of that style, *I think*. I also don't know how different Shinkis' weapon specialties factors in. Yda's specialty is "big sword", so I'm looking to buy that brush item from the Gem exchange. I'll give Yda Fubuki's 和風 style equipment plus the brush, and that should be pretty powerful. Right now, I just have Yda with Fubuki's default weapon, and she seems to be doing pretty good damage with it.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling: