Moderator: Sword

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Help with an Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:43 am

My Yda finally arrived today, and she's my first Shinki. I've just started playing with her parts and Fubuki's parts in the Simulator. Going with purely Yda's parts to activate Tension seems to weigh too much, so she can only use either her sword or gun but not both. And then using those parts, her accuracy is pretty terrible. I was thinking on focusing on leveling up attack and accuracy for her. I also put the Ruby (Attack), Sapphire (Accuracy), and Emerald (Evasion) CSCs in her.

These are her body's stats from the JP wiki

Could someone help me understand how to interpret this properly? It looks like attack is her specialty, and accuracy is not. Does this mean that from battles and training, attack will rise faster than accuracy? Or maybe it means that points and levels put into attack will have more effect on her performance than they would for accuracy?

Any suggestions for my Yda? I have been working with Fubuki while waiting for Yda to arrive. She's level 60.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Re: Help with an Yda

Post by halconfenix » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:16 am

MaximumBurst wrote:Any suggestions for my Yda? I have been working with Fubuki while waiting for Yda to arrive. She's level 60.
i have a yda too but since i dont play BR too much as i wanted to the only effective advice i can give you is: you can give her her armor if you want... but ONLY give her the sword! with that she becomes the "nanoha" of shinkis. pure pwnge!

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:35 am

MaximumBurst wrote: Or maybe it means that points and levels put into attack will have more effect on her performance than they would for accuracy?
This.

Yda works easiest as a melee shinki. Give her just her sword, and make sure to do the C-class training a bit before going to OBs.

MaximumBurst
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 1
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yda

Post by MaximumBurst » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:16 pm

About her CSCs. I'm thinking of remaking her with 3 Amethyst (SP+) CSCs. Yda's accuracy is pretty bad, so I was thinking that if she had a ton of SP, then she could use skills very often instead of relying on regular attacks. Anyone have any experience with a setup like that? By the same token, I've also considered using 3 Sapphires or 2 Sapphires and 1 Ruby. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
If you have an unused Maochao Battle Rondo code and don't plan on using it, please send me a PM! I'd gladly accept any other unused codes as well. :schmetterling:

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Post by persocomsan » Wed May 12, 2010 5:45 pm

sorry to butt into a different question thread but I was wondering if anyone knows if Yda's swords can be dual wielded? :maochao: As for my Yda I'm trying to focus on SP build too, it's working out so-so right now.

Ninth
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Post by Ninth » Wed May 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Yda's sword (technically a greatsword, in the same class as Tigris's enormous sword or the Balmung you sometimes see in Battle Rondo) is a very good weapon. It cannot be dual wielded, but it comes with an SP skill where it splits in half and each half is used to attack the enemy at the same time.

Also, Yda's tension attack is good, but not great the way that Juvisy's and Mizuki's are.
Battle Rondo username: ninerplease

Class A Shinki:
Panzer Melt
Class B Shinki:
Gunbunny HETARIA
Class C Shinki:
Cannon Utsuho
Angel Commando Gabrielle
Fighter Ijimeko
Not in Service:
Ninja Zubera
Firearms Kanna
Succubus Lilim

Tobias
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 17
MMS owned: 16
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Tobias » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:10 pm

At 480 power and 100 accuracy, Yda's sword is one of the better, if not the most stable, broadsword. Pour in Atk and Acc, and maintain the SP build path. Whatever you do, just stick to her own large sword, its generally sufficient to wipe out most opponents within a few turns.

I think mine is one Ruby and two Sapphire, can't remember. Then again, I hardly went up Rondo recently, so alot of stuff I can't recall offhand.

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Post by gundamboi » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:29 pm

yup, my yda sticked mostly to her own armour (without set) and of cause her greatsword.

that's pretty good enough to get her almost to S and almost 100/200 wins (sadly both failed by a bit)

i would suggest not putting her skill as your main. for some reason, Yda doesnt listen to owner too much (at least mine doesnt at all) there are many times when she doesnt use skill for 10 turns and draws when i asked her to spam skll..

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:42 am

Doesn't YDA's box art show her dual wielding?

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:00 pm

[Report:]
blade_anime wrote:Doesn't YDA's box art show her dual wielding?
Gonna just quote Ninth here...
Ninth wrote:Yda's sword (technically a greatsword, in the same class as Tigris's enormous sword or the Balmung you sometimes see in Battle Rondo) is a very good weapon. It cannot be dual wielded, but it comes with an SP skill where it splits in half and each half is used to attack the enemy at the same time.

Also, Yda's tension attack is good, but not great the way that Juvisy's and Mizuki's are.
[End of report]