Moderator: Sword

persocomsan
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 41
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines/Valona

Juvisy

Post by persocomsan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:01 am

So I have a Juvisy on her way to me, somewhere over the Pacific right now. I thought it'd be a good time to prepare for her arrival by getting some general knowledge. I know there's an old Juvisy thread but I thought I'd do better to make a new one rather than necro it. Also I got a little advice from the good folks on the cbox on the main page.

At the moment I have enough GEM for 2 Malachite, and most likely by the time I get her I'll have enough for a third. Is the 3 Malachite CSC build really the best choice to make?

As for weapons, I see that she's good with daggers and the likes, as you'd want to build up her tension with weapons that have a high hit-rate. I am willing to spend some SPT on her but I prefer not to buy any character's gear because I will be buying a bunch of them in figure form in the near future. Is there anything in the shop worth buying for her? This also goes for add-ons to her armor. I know the old thread suggested things like Ach's leg gear and Howling's beatsticks..

Before taking her into a real battle, what training should I do, and for how long?

Anyways, even though I got some advice I would like to hear what others think or know, especially those of you who may have a lot of experience with Jivusy.

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Re: Juvisy

Post by Sword » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:51 am

Hmm, the classic babypuncher build doesn't show up much lately... I don't think it works as well as it did before.

In any case, it gets mobility as high as possible with arnval thrusters x 8 or so and malachites. Then it uses a melee weapon with lots of hits like howling beatsticks or ear cleaner or something to charge tension.

Nowadays there's lots of alternative weapons you can use. Almost any dagger set without knockback works just fine.

persocomsan
Class S Shinki

Post by persocomsan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:25 pm

Alright, thanks ^^ I'll use Malachites and see how that works out. Guess I'll experiment with weapons for now.

Tobias
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 17
MMS owned: 16
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Tobias » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:55 pm

Firstly, I don't have alot of experience with Juvisy. =X I "speed-leveled" my Jusivy during a 2008 event and haven't reset her since then.

Weapon-wise, generally its duel daggers. Common ones are from Strarf, Werkstra (one set gives only 1), Howling's beatsticks, and the event laser daggers, which isn't released in Gem Shop. Simply coz duel-wielding daggers gains a bonus x2 or x4 accuracy (I forgot), and has fast preparation time, though at the cost of small range.

Never use duel swords, they have a massive reduction in accuracy and increase in preparation time. You will end up charging your opponent's tension instead of yours. Unless his shinki setup has like -180 evd or something with triangle evade body, which you don't see everyday.

Cotton Bud is usually not recommended, because of its long preparation time (100). Even with 0~120 range, if your opponent is fast enough (most low to decent damage weapons are faster), you will prolly get knocked back out of range after you enter preparation phrase, wasting one whole turn, unless you increase your shinki's "weight". And accuracy is not that good, duel daggers is alot better. I use Cotton Bud in conjunction with Schmetterling's set instead for charm effects and sometimes anti-tension.

Training-wise, there's a Class C mission, your opponent is an Arvnal. Should be the first mission. Its basically an AI training mission for level 0 or low level shinki. One of my friends even nicknamed her "Angel-sensei". Send her in for maybe 20 or so rounds. Also, you shouldn't turn off the battle text, because it list out stuff like what attack the shinki is going to use, what's the probability of hitting, whether the shinki has a chance to dodge or block, and stuff. As she trains, watch the accuracy. It will slowly increase or decrease according to your shinki range affinity, which, for your Jusivy's babypuncher build, should be melee. If she keep entering melee range to attack, and you praise her when she wins, the percentage should be slowly rising, which means her close range affinity is improving.

I shouldn't have to tell you this, but. You should have a setup to go against melee shinki, where you know for sure your opponent WILL go melee, aka 0~120. Drop Ach's knee wheels and go for Maochao's mini cat cannons if you have it. Its a staple followup skill for Jusivy's BP build, especially lower levels. Plus, it "trains" SP too. And throw in stuff that adds defense, it will increase your Harvest's damage. Although her set doesn't exactly have alot of attachment points, unlike mecha parts.

Another thing, its a personal opinion, others might defer. If you are going to setup with Ach's knee wheels and Arvnal's boosters, there's not much of a point running with three mob CSCs. Putting CSC that boost defense and other stuff seems better. Jusivy's body has only 1600HP, even with star rating defense, she might not block every single time, especially if most of the time she's chasing opponents, depending on situations, her AI might not register blocking as that high a priority. I might be wrong, because I don't have Ach's knee wheels. Check out what others have to say first.

persocomsan
Class S Shinki

Post by persocomsan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:48 pm

Thanks for the detailed advice Tobias, it really helps ^^ I'm gonna stick to the Malachites for now since I don't own Arnval or Ach. Probably going to buy some more defense goodies like shields for her though I'm not sure how many she can hold. Do you know what event the laser daggers are from? Would love to get my hands on them.

Tobias
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 17
MMS owned: 16
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Tobias » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:16 am

Ah... That event laser daggers. Its from the battle city event with the zodiac horoscope maps, where the boss is a cute shinki, so cute I decided I wanted her to be in my team the moment I saw her. One of the shops there sells it, but you need certain ingredients. It comes in a set of two daggers, don't buy that twice unless you want four of them.

And Jusivy's Harvest Season setup don't allow you much choices in shields, from my limited knowledge. The SPT red rim white shield (whatever the name is) with the blocking SP skill is good. Werkstra's Riot Shield comes with additional two attachment points too, good for overloading your Jusivy with defense stuff. Strarf's miscellaneous parts that gives atk+def might help if you have nothing better to put.

I don't think you have them, but dragon horns, olive headband, ancient headband, from the past two events does help. The dragon horns are available in that rolling gem game, though if you should be aiming for stuff like Scroll of Izuna, Kendo Sword, etc.

And no Arvnal? Why? She's fun. LC3 special + RG8 followup (aka DB) rocks. If you can pull that off, that is. 450+600 SP in one turn. You are gonna need about 1.8k SP to use it at turn 4. =X Anyway, RG8 is a solid weapon. Plus, you have the Boosters, and Arvnal has her helmet which increases her accuracy.

And one more: Angelic Sky FTW! XD

Although Asuka's Swallow Flight with her attached bombing move is more evil. But its Japanese set, not Mecha. Whatever.

persocomsan
Class S Shinki

Post by persocomsan » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:56 pm

Will look into getting Arnval soon ^^ I have no reason for not having nearly every single shinki except for waiting for the big tax return, and finding them for a decent price in figure form lol. Should be here any day now. Anyways I bought 2 of the red/white shield and 4 mushroom head ones for now. I got the golden laurels on her head and all the shields, howling beatsticks, the red accuracy goggles, and those shields on her. The red/white shield helps a lot with the extra guard special for 200 SP plus it has 4 slots for mushrooms etc on it.