Moderator: Sword

Tobias
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 17
MMS owned: 16
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Battle Manu - PB

Post by Tobias » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:08 am

There's a new icon above the mission icon, labelled "pb". Anyone has any idea what's going on in there?

pyroko
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Re: Battle Manu - PB

Post by pyroko » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:02 am

my guess would be something to do with that new premium battle thing that you can pay extra for.

PenPen
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 15
MMS owned: 15
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by PenPen » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:37 pm

[Report:]
Just a quick intro to this new "Point Battle": (By the way, I am still testing it out myself, so please correct any misleading info.)
- Point Battle is a new type of battle system 573 introduced. Any type of player can join. In short, a point battle is a limited-time, ranked battle based for each individual Shinki.
- Inside the Point Battle menu, you will first find a list of "battle events" (or "cups"). The list tells you if the event is currently on, the name of the event and the duration of the event.
- Once you select an event, be it on-going or not, you will be able to see two tabs of "Event Detail" and "Your Shinkis' Score". Of course, there are also the "crown" icon that gives you the leader board of this event, and the "globe" icon that takes you to the Shinki-Net's event page. There is an "Entry" button listed, if the event is open.
- Please note that each event may come with special rules, which is listed in the "Event Detail". Like, the current Xmas cup is for "Xmas type Shinki only".
- The first thing when you entered an event is to select one of your Shinki to participate. Shinki without any number of bp under her battery gauge will prompt to be "enlisted" (I forgot the actual word 573 use). Then a menu of three selection will pop up, "No Level Limit", "Lv150 and under", and "Cancel".
- Battle itself takes 2 blocks of battery, and does not change Shinki's closeness, AI, or range sense. (Since there is no end-battle comment.)

[To be continue...]

PenPen
Class A Shinki

Post by PenPen » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:59 pm

[Continues...]
- At the end of the battle, after the regular battle report, you will see a report on the "point gain". First, if you win, you will get 200bp in the basic, and -200bp if you lose. Then there is the level difference. Then the continues-winning bonus bp. Then total bp of this round. Finally the total bp of this event so far.
- Just a reminder again, bp is tie to individual Shinki, not the combine total of every Shinki you own. (But maybe it will be in the future?)
- Also, total bp for each event will not become negative value.
- On top of the bp gain, there is a new set of achivements that ties to "Battle Point System", and the reward is "Title". It is earned by "# wins in a row", "# losts in a row", etc.
- To use the title, first go into the "Owner Info" through clicking the green circle on the top right corner. Select the "Edit the Owner Card" (4th from the top, 3rd from the bottom of the menu.) then fill in any or both the two blanks by select from the list of titles that you earn.
- Note that, currently, with unknown reason, there is a huge lag between "Title Earned" and that title display in the list.

...Once again, please share any missing points, thanks.
[End of report]

gundamboi
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 20
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: SEED

Post by gundamboi » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:51 pm

just some added info, i think this event's rule is to get 10,000 points to get something? if i not read correctly.

and about the title, u can just logout, in again to get it updated.

Tobias
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 17
MMS owned: 16
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Tobias » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:14 am

So people who don't have the required shinki type or are inactive, are now at a disadvantage? Like for now, its Tsuguru only as condition, so those without a Tsuguru are basically left out for this period? x.x Isn't this getting a little out of hand?

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:48 am

Those people are usually at a disadvantage during events, anyway. =\

PenPen
Class A Shinki

Post by PenPen » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:07 pm

I think this Point Battle system has great potential - if not use in the wrong way.

"Point Battle" is basically tournaments like ikkitousen, but made official. Judging by how players started our own tournaments way before 573 did, this is one update that makes players happy.

Here is the "wrong way". Moves that 573 recently made to secure their income, has broken quite a few point-of-interests for the game. The major one has to be the "mass production of tri-diamonds Shinki due to unlimited battery" - something that's outside of the topic, so I will skip it. ;)

Like Tobias said, condition like Xmas type only, can go rather ugly - "Because you don't have one, you are not welcome." Thanks, 573, for reminding me once again how poor I am.

However, on the other hand, if 573 played the card right, they could have done - "Xmas special! Everyone is welcome to the party... and Xmas type owner gets a little more secret gift. (Shhhh~~)". Honestly, how much effort does it take to put in a new title?

...Anyway, that's just me making complains due to my economic status being reminded by 573. I am sure there are people out there whom can just buy a life time worth of premium cards...
[End of report]

PS: "Customer Appreciation" is the keyword.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:12 pm

PenPen wrote:PS: "Customer Appreciation" is the keyword.
If you want customer appreciation, how about the fact that they're letting us foreigners play at all? Konami could be like other Japanese game companies (hi Capcom) and block our IPs completely. If that were the case you wouldn't have access to the game at all. :p

PenPen
Class A Shinki

Post by PenPen » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:07 pm

Xehn wrote:
PenPen wrote:PS: "Customer Appreciation" is the keyword.
If you want customer appreciation, how about the fact that they're letting us foreigners play at all? Konami could be like other Japanese game companies (hi Capcom) and block our IPs completely. If that were the case you wouldn't have access to the game at all. :p
You know, there is always the laggy and painful VPN ways. :cheesygrin:

Anyway, I personally believe there is a difference between "we hate you, go away", "we let you play" and "we would like you to play" - and I don't believe neither the first or the second can ties to "Customer Appreciation". It is wonderful that 573 acknowledges foreign players (even with tech support sometimes here and there), yet nothing would have been changed even if they blocked the IP.

Consider this:

1) We both go to the same restaurant, the bouncer let me in while the sign says "no PenPen allowed", and then they treat both of us badly...
2) Only you went into the restaurant, the bouncer kicked me out, and then they treat you badly...

...So yeah, that's my point of view on this.
[End of report]