Talk about other toys we collect.
Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Transformers question...

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:56 am

MrHolister wrote:You must really like Airachnid to have gone to so much trouble,.. but it payed off nicely.
Nah, i don't really like her, to be honest. Her legs joints & her arms are not playable like most of other figures. I just want to complete the Decepticons team for show accuracy ^^;;
MrHolister wrote:On Smokescreen, is that an official new Deluxe?
Yes, that's the official NEW mold of Deluxe class SmokeScreen.
MrHolister wrote:My son..LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEESSSSSSS Smokescreen and was so bummed when I told him I wasn't gonna buy him the repainted Takara Knock-out version.. He cried then hit me. Nice little bundle of emotions my son is..
D'aawww~ That's a cute reaction of his (≧▽≦)
MrHolister wrote:It's good to see they are actually making new molds. I'm crossing my fingers for a Voyager size Shockwave, instead of the puny hollow-legged FOC deluxe takara repaint they did.
Yeah, Repurposing of that FoC mold is just... Lame. BIG time. I pray everyday, even when i'm doing my Islamic praying, that one day either hasbro or Takara will release the TRUE ShockWave. Not to mention that ShockWave will have significant role during the Beast Hunters saga.

Ah, hey, speaking about FoC, i got a "good deal" of Optimus Prime, Jazz, & ShockWave (all of them from FoC) for IDR 300,000 (around US$30) in loose condition, ALL of them for US$30. If you compare the retailer sell them with IDR 280,000 (aroundUS$28) for EACH, this is a good deal :thumbsup:

Anyways, you can tell your son that he must wait for more AWESOME SmokeScreen :D Uncle Stormie guarantees that!
Last edited by Storm Wing on Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:55 am

Cool, maybe that will cheer up my son. Oddly enough his favorite Prime toy so far is Ratchet.. Go figure huh? The gripy old fart who always complains and he's my son's favorite. He goes around saying "Bulkhead, I needed that!".. He just get's a little weird when he acts like he wants Ratchet to play "Doctor" on the shinkis... :eek:
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

Nutjob
Class B Shinki
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Proxima Spinel

Post by Nutjob » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:32 pm

I dunno if you've been following the leaked stuff coming out of Asia, but the new Beast Hunters line will have a Smokescreen in, I believe, wave two.

If you've seen any pictures of Beast Hunters stuff, it's basically earlier toys COVERED IN SPIKY BITS. Bumblebee is the next Murderbee.

But, perhaps because no Smokescreen was released prior to Beast Hunters, Smokescreen's Beast Hunters spiky bits are actually removable. So you can have a true-actual Smokescreen, purchased domestically, instead of an imported Knockout repaint.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:15 pm

Nutjob wrote:I dunno if you've been following the leaked stuff coming out of Asia, but the new Beast Hunters line will have a Smokescreen in, I believe, wave two.

If you've seen any pictures of Beast Hunters stuff, it's basically earlier toys COVERED IN SPIKY BITS. Bumblebee is the next Murderbee.

But, perhaps because no Smokescreen was released prior to Beast Hunters, Smokescreen's Beast Hunters spiky bits are actually removable. So you can have a true-actual Smokescreen, purchased domestically, instead of an imported Knockout repaint.
I know. I wrote it on the previous page :P
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... fa8390.jpg
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... ee70db.jpg
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... 0dfab8.jpg
Show. Freaking. ACCURATE!! But need a minor adjustment on his head (red paint instead of blue). :headbang:

Oh, & btw, my first haul in 2013 :D
ALL of them for US$30 :D Awesome deal is AWESOME!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

MrHolister
Class S Shinki

Post by MrHolister » Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:10 am

Just thought this was a funny picture. After waiting months to get Soundwave, my son talks me into getting Soundblaster (soundwave reborn basically to those who don't know..) I freaking LOVE this toy. It screams "I'll hit your mom then slap her butt!"...er something. And Raptia's "bird" has taken over the flock of Soundwave's minions. I like to think of him as a mega-Laserbeak. Since I don't have laserbeak yet. (P.S. I know Laserbeak is not baby blue..lol)

Kinda looks like a weird toy family... :)

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:17 am

You didn't get the SoundWAVE? Aww, too bad. I likeSoundBlaster, but not as much as SoundWave ^^;;

Anyways...
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... -2-176712/
HOORAY~!! :headbang:

And by the way...
Arms Micron TFPrime IronHide. Seriously, he looks BETTER than Kup. I'll buy Kup later on when i have more money, & of course IronHide will use Kup's guns :D

Also:
http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2013/01/co ... r&pid=2054
OMG OMG OMG!!
Bionicles meets Transformers!!
Megatron (Ultimate)

Soundwave (Elite)

Starscream (Scout)

Blitzwing (Triple Changer)

Optimus Prime (Ultimate)

Bumblebee (Triple Changer)

Ironhide (Scout)

Wheeljack (Elite)

Joeyz1231
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Joeyz1231 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:26 am

^bumblebee's a triplechanger now?? Dunno about that, but the jet mode's kickass!! XD

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 am

Saw those on the TFW2005 forums...kind of remind me of those Neo Shifters sets Mega Bloks did a while ago.

So far, they seem kind of meh, with Jetbee and Soundwave being the only ones I have any interest in. However, the Kre-o sets were a little meh when they first came out, so I'm willing to give the Constructobots a chance.

MrHolister
Class S Shinki

Post by MrHolister » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:05 am

Storm Wing wrote:You didn't get the SoundWAVE? Aww, too bad. I likeSoundBlaster, but not as much as SoundWave ^^;;
It was ultimately my son's choice. They had 3 soundwaves sitting there, and 1 soundblaster. I have to admit, he grew on me quick. The yellow light piping is very awesome on this figure, and the charcoal finish matches my vinyl dye, which is neat too. So if I ever want to mod him I have the right color on hand. (I'll probably pick up soundwave as well, but not before Blaster and Grimlock... that takara Ironhide looks sweet as well.)

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:59 pm

Joeyz1231 wrote:^bumblebee's a triplechanger now?? Dunno about that, but the jet mode's kickass!! XD
I dunno about you, but his jet mode is kinda meh ^^;; Imho anyways.
rubixbox wrote:Saw those on the TFW2005 forums...kind of remind me of those Neo Shifters sets Mega Bloks did a while ago.

So far, they seem kind of meh, with Jetbee and Soundwave being the only ones I have any interest in. However, the Kre-o sets were a little meh when they first came out, so I'm willing to give the Constructobots a chance.
& it makes me wonder, does this toy line will compatible with Neo Shifters (Mega Blocks) or Hero Factory (Lego)? :D
MrHolister wrote:It was ultimately my son's choice. They had 3 soundwaves sitting there, and 1 soundblaster. I have to admit, he grew on me quick. The yellow light piping is very awesome on this figure, and the charcoal finish matches my vinyl dye, which is neat too. So if I ever want to mod him I have the right color on hand. (I'll probably pick up soundwave as well, but not before Blaster and Grimlock... that takara Ironhide looks sweet as well.)
Heheheh, you should grab them later on :D

Anyways...
SkyQuake, my dear brother... I will avenge you... I swear by your Gatling Gun, i WILL frag StarScream's tailpipe...

*narator: Too bad it never happened*

& now i regret that i didn't get SkyQuake when i had the chance... "oTL