Talk about other toys we collect.
Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: Transformers question...

Post by Shiaoran » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:41 am

Being a small car, I think 30cm long, 12cm high.
If I had the skill I swear I'd look for a 1/12 Beetle kit and make it turn into Bumblebee!

Now I'm thinking I should at least let my figma ride on a Beetle mode Bumblebee, even if it isn't transformable XD
Beetle kit + yellow paint + Autobots decal = WIN!

MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Post by MrHolister » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:50 am

Shiaoran wrote:Being a small car, I think 30cm long, 12cm high.
If I had the skill I swear I'd look for a 1/12 Beetle kit and make it turn into Bumblebee!

Now I'm thinking I should at least let my figma ride on a Beetle mode Bumblebee, even if it isn't transformable XD
Beetle kit + yellow paint + Autobots decal = WIN!
Here's Raptias and Bumblebee.. Raptias is an MMS Tall, but still shorter than Juvicy and other MMS 1st's.. So she's a better candidate for a size comparison. I'll bet an MMS Small would be just about right for him, wouldn't you think?
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:24 am

The right size figure for Bumblebee would be not only one that fits inside in car mode, but one that's EXACTLY in the same scale! I'm immune to nonsense Transformers scale and physics!

A fun read: http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Scale

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:22 am

Scale, huh?

TFAnimated Samurai Prowl with G.I.Joe Renegades Snake Eyes
--------------------------------------------------------------
TFA Prime team in alt mode

TFA Prime team in bot mode

See the difference? I use the Legend class Prowl for the alt mode, & i use Deluxe class Prowl for the bot mode
TFPrime, Autobots, alt mode
Scale is fun, as long as you don't think about it too much XDDDD
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki

Post by Shiaoran » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:31 pm

As someone who makes customs by taking the real measurements and scaling them, I do care a whole lot about scale :P

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:36 pm

Shiaoran wrote:As someone who makes customs by taking the real measurements and scaling them, I do care a whole lot about scale :P
My guide about Transformers scales are simple:
- usual cars are deluxe class
- motorcycles & bikes are legend class for alt mode
- motorcycles & bikes are DELUXE class for bot mode
- Optimus has gotta be the Voyager class
- Megatron is better in LEADER class size
- Others... Well, any Scout class will do ^^;

Btw, TFAnimated SUPREME class Optimus Prime is Hasbro's biggest mistake. }:>
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:51 am

MrHolister
Class S Shinki

Post by MrHolister » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:30 pm

Very nice collection.
I see and like what you did there with Airachnid. Vast improvement. I would love to know how you accomplished the more show accurate design.
And Breakdown looks pretty sweet... I'm gonna have to try and nab one eventually..
I still just wish they would have made Soundwave a voyager...or at least a taller deluxe. I mean he towers over Airachnid (bodywise,)in the show, even if they had done a first edition it would have probably been perfect....sigh.

And I hope they do the whole Beast Hunters thing justice and not some gaudy multicolored power rangers monstrosity..

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:49 am

Yeah, about that Airachnid, i actually bought 2 of them; one is the RiD version from Hasbro, & the other is the AM version from Takara Tomy. I bought the RiD version just for her "laser weapon" & her propeller, because my real intention is buy the AM version.

As expected, the AM version have 2 additional port 5mm hole on her propeller base, but that's NOT what it takes to make her pose. What is REALLY useful is her AM partner, Ida, a spider robot-thingy that became a claw weapon. However, i attached Ida to Airachnid's back / propeller base, & i attach those 2 propeller to Ida's 5mm port hole instead the new additional 5mm hole port of AM Airachnid itself.

*Edited*
Do you remember when i said i'm waiting for TFPrime -Beast Hunters-'s version of SmokeScreen?
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... fa8390.jpg
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... ee70db.jpg
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... 0dfab8.jpg
Show. Freaking. ACCURATE!! But need a minor adjustment on his head (red paint instead of blue). :headbang:

MrHolister
Class S Shinki

Post by MrHolister » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:34 am

Storm Wing wrote:Yeah, about that Airachnid, i actually bought 2 of them; one is the RiD version from Hasbro, & the other is the AM version from Takara Tomy. I bought the RiD version just for her "laser weapon" & her propeller, because my real intention is buy the AM version.

As expected, the AM version have 2 additional port 5mm hole on her propeller base, but that's NOT what it takes to make her pose. What is REALLY useful is her AM partner, Ida, a spider robot-thingy that became a claw weapon. However, i attached Ida to Airachnid's back / propeller base, & i attach those 2 propeller to Ida's 5mm port hole instead the new additional 5mm hole port of AM Airachnid itself.

*Edited*
Do you remember when i said i'm waiting for TFPrime -Beast Hunters-'s version of SmokeScreen?
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... fa8390.jpg
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... ee70db.jpg
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... 0dfab8.jpg
Show. Freaking. ACCURATE!! But need a minor adjustment on his head (red paint instead of blue). :headbang:
You must really like Airachnid to have gone to so much trouble,.. but it payed off nicely.

On Smokescreen, is that an official new Deluxe? My son..LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEESSSSSSS Smokescreen and was so bummed when I told him I wasn't gonna buy him the repainted Takara Knock-out version.. He cried then hit me. Nice little bundle of emotions my son is..

It's good to see they are actually making new molds. I'm crossing my fingers for a Voyager size Shockwave, instead of the puny hollow-legged FOC deluxe takara repaint they did.