Talk about other toys we collect.
MrHolister
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 13
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Vitulus

Transformers question...

Post by MrHolister » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:31 am

I need to know if someone knows of a series that has a decent height to it. I want to do some stop motion or photcomic etc, and I'd like to incorporate my shinkis, just not have them as amazon women.. ya know?

I know the alternator line is a decent height from other comics I've seen,...any others? I'm also SERIOUSLY looking for a decent height Soundwave if anyone knows of a decent series..

Thanks in advance..
Shinkis for sale or trade!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2119

infinitygundam103
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval mk2 Tempesta

Re: Transformers question...

Post by infinitygundam103 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:01 am

What do you mean by 'decent height'?
As tall as shinkis perhaps?
Size-wise, I find the deluxe and voyager lines about right...
just me stealing your shadow...
and whatever else a camera can take.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:09 am

Hooray!! Finally someone who talk about TFs :headbang:

Ahem...

Well, imho, TFPrime's SoundWave is just about right for Shinki. TFAnimated also good, but it's kinda "bulky" instead of "slim & menacing" like the Prime counterpart.

And if i may suggest, why don't we expand this thread into an "OFFICIAL" Transformers thread in BSW? Besides, some of BSW members also loves TFs. Like me & Hyre & Xehn... :thumbsup: Heh heh heh...
Last edited by Storm Wing on Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

MrHolister
Class S Shinki

Post by MrHolister » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:56 am

infinitygundam103 wrote:What do you mean by 'decent height'?
As tall as shinkis perhaps?
Size-wise, I find the deluxe and voyager lines about right...
Sorry, I should have specified.. I mean something that would be slightly taller than a shinki. I have a few that are... a hair shorter than the Juvisy and they aren't really that impressive visually together..

And Storm, as much as I like the Prime version of Soundwave, I'm kinda partial to the G1/ WFC or FOC design actually. I know they are just releasing a Master Piece version, and it looks AAAAAAWWWWWWWEEEEESSSSSOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEE,... but a little pricey for me.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:49 pm

the Human Alliance line from the TF movies should be perfect for you, as should any Leader Class things. Voyager-class things are (usually) also okay.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:37 pm

MrHolister wrote:Storm, as much as I like the Prime version of Soundwave, I'm kinda partial to the G1/ WFC or FOC design actually. I know they are just releasing a Master Piece version, and it looks AAAAAAWWWWWWWEEEEESSSSSOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEEE,... but a little pricey for me.
Yeah, it is pricey ^^;; My friend in Indonesia told me that it's around US$180 or 190
Xehn wrote:the Human Alliance line from the TF movies should be perfect for you, as should any Leader Class things. Voyager-class things are (usually) also okay.
Eh? I thought Shinkis are just about the size of a Deluxe class? At least in Animated line, before Hasbro/Takara starts "shrinking" their TFs figures... =_=;; *stares coldly @ MP SideSwipe picture*
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

MrHolister
Class S Shinki

Post by MrHolister » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:28 pm

Maybe some pics of what people own next to a shinki might give a better feel.. Like I said, I've only based this new infatuation from reading Warring at Play, and all those Master Piece and Alternator Transformers in that comic. Seem to be a decent compatible size, but just wanted to see other options.. (Masterpieces are nice.. but expensive for what will certainly get some playtime from my 5 yr old son, who is respectful of my toys, but accidents happen even to the most careful..)

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:36 pm

here's a shot of some fairly average stuff with a shinki. Human Alliance Jazz and Deluxe Landmine.

Shinki won't really 'tower' over TFs unless it's things that are supposed to be short or scout-class things.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:11 pm

By my shelf, a Busou-less Shinki is just the same size of a Deluxe class Transformers. But With their Busou, mostly just the same size of Voyager class.

I'm not in my room right now, maybe i'll try to take a photo or two. ;)

MrHolister
Class S Shinki

Post by MrHolister » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:45 pm

These were some transformers my son already owns.. as you can see, they are a head and a half shorter than the shinki juvicy (I know she's among the tall ones..)

But I made a newer purchase for my son today..

Voyager class "Prime" Optimus Prime. He is definitely a better height over all, but I still get that scale issue... He looks perfect with the other autobots,.. ( I hate when Optimus is the "same" size as a guy that would be much smaller in real life,) something that is cool because he is my son's toy. (neat light up gun gimmick too. ) But for what I'm looking for it still seems out of scale,.. not because of height, but his head is teeny tiny compared to hers..

Xehn,..
The pic you gave me gives me an excellent point of reference. Thank you. Jazz in that pic is EXACTLY thescale approximately I am looking for. Similar sized head, larger body. Thank you guys very much, you have all been very helpful.

BTW, the voyager class Optimus from prime is a pretty decent Transformer for me being out of them for as long as I have been..