Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Transformers question...

Post by Storm Wing » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:19 pm

MrHolister wrote:
Joeyz1231 wrote:Well, with the Shrinking in Transformers size in general, I'm not too bothered about that (He's pretty much a tall Ultra Class......probably). Besides, IMHO what he lacks in size he makes up with accessories, accuracy AND playability. That's pretty rare, especially for a G1 Megatron. Again, IMHO only.... :cheesygrin:
From what I've seen, he's a tall voyager size... BUT, I think his price is fair due to being a third party release. I may still pick him up, since I'm still on the fence with my animated megs. I'd hate to do a lot of custom work on him and then still not be 100% on him, ya know? But from I've seen, Hegemon runs about $100-130 before shipping when you can find one... that's a cheap masterpiece price honestly..
But in Indonesia, the price is boosting up like crazy due to shipping location & fukken customs ^^;;

Which reminds me... Anyone knows exactly WHY Hasbro/Takara starts to shrink their Transformers figures since Dark of The Moon?? I remember that the Revenge of The Fallen figures are as tall as the USUAL Transformers figures.
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Canthros
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Canthros » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 am

Storm Wing wrote:Which reminds me... Anyone knows exactly WHY Hasbro/Takara starts to shrink their Transformers figures since Dark of The Moon?? I remember that the Revenge of The Fallen figures are as tall as the USUAL Transformers figures.
The accepted theory is that the strengthening Chinese Renminbi, weakened US Dollar and Japanese Yen, possibly increased with increased oil prices are making it necessary to make figures smaller to keep them affordable. OTOH, retail prices have increased, too, with the same explanation.

The brand has not done as well the last couple of years: their current cartoon was, until very recently, confined to a brand-new premium cable channel that not everybody even gets; sales driven by the movies set up some unrealistic expectations; and they've had some difficulty getting retailers to carry new product until the last few months (though I'm not sure if this is due to retailers not wanting TF Prime merch, or if stores just over-anticipated demand for DotM toys that much). They did lay some people off a handful of months ago; it could be that the reduced sales figures are increasing the per-unit amortization of sunk costs (mold-making, etc), too, but I think that somewhat unlikely.

I'm pretty sure there's no official word on the subject, though.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:51 am

Canthros wrote:
Storm Wing wrote:Which reminds me... Anyone knows exactly WHY Hasbro/Takara starts to shrink their Transformers figures since Dark of The Moon?? I remember that the Revenge of The Fallen figures are as tall as the USUAL Transformers figures.
The accepted theory is that the strengthening Chinese Renminbi, weakened US Dollar and Japanese Yen, possibly increased with increased oil prices are making it necessary to make figures smaller to keep them affordable. OTOH, retail prices have increased, too, with the same explanation.

The brand has not done as well the last couple of years: their current cartoon was, until very recently, confined to a brand-new premium cable channel that not everybody even gets; sales driven by the movies set up some unrealistic expectations; and they've had some difficulty getting retailers to carry new product until the last few months (though I'm not sure if this is due to retailers not wanting TF Prime merch, or if stores just over-anticipated demand for DotM toys that much). They did lay some people off a handful of months ago; it could be that the reduced sales figures are increasing the per-unit amortization of sunk costs (mold-making, etc), too, but I think that somewhat unlikely.
I see. Thanx for your answer, even if you're not so sure about this ^_^
Canthros wrote:I'm pretty sure there's no official word on the subject, though.
Figures. hah! I made a joke there! "Figures", get it? :P

Anyways...
If you played Fall of Cybertron until the very end, you know where this came from :D
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Joeyz1231
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Joeyz1231 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:57 am

^ooh, nice homage to the game! BTW, wish THIS could've happened in the game.....

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:28 pm

wow, .jp blastoff is very orange

Joeyz1231
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Joeyz1231 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Well, Blast Off was kinda brown/copper in the game itself, so this is pretty close to the game colors....

Xehn
Kamen Adminder

Post by Xehn » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:34 pm

well, accurate color won't save how terrible an arm he is... makes a much better leg.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:21 pm

@Joeyz: Yeah i wish Grimlock kicks Bruticus' tailpipe :P
Xehn wrote:well, accurate color won't save how terrible an arm he is... makes a much better leg.
^He is? Imho, Brawl & Swindle is terrible for an arm. Heck, all of them are (yes, including Vortex, because his palm is terrible).

Serously, Hasbro needs better engineering ^^;;

Xehn
Kamen Adminder

Post by Xehn » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:42 am

Storm Wing wrote:^He is? Imho, Brawl & Swindle is terrible for an arm. Heck, all of them are (yes, including Vortex, because his palm is terrible).

Serously, Hasbro needs better engineering ^^;;
Swindle is actually a pretty awesome arm, I don't know what you're talking about. I'd rank him as good as vortex, and he doesn't have the same karate chop issue.

They all make pretty okay legs though, so I have a combination I'm happy with. I'd love to see someone make some awesome addons though...

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:03 am

Xehn wrote:Swindle is actually a pretty awesome arm, I don't know what you're talking about. I'd rank him as good as vortex, and he doesn't have the same karate chop issue.

They all make pretty okay legs though, so I have a combination I'm happy with. I'd love to see someone make some awesome addons though...
LOLs @ "Karate Chop Issue" XD Ahem... What i mean is, Swindle, as an arm (right or left), is not as poseable as Vortex does. But i gotta admit, Swindle as an arm IS awesome with that nice mold of hands (Brawl is the worst offender with a huge@$$ palm & fingers, imho)

...Or it's just me who mistransformed it? If you can show me how flexible Swindle is, i'll be very grateful ^_^