Talk about other toys we collect.
v2gundam
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 19
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Re: Hardly mecha

Post by v2gundam » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:45 am

Storm Wing wrote: Hooray~!! I got 1p Alleyne & Alice!! But... It'll be hilarious if reycal use Alice's body XDDDDDDD *Pettan, pettan, tsurupettan!*
I do have Annelotte, Alice and Ymir if you want me to try that out and take a photo or two...

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:20 pm

I think Reycal could look good in Alice's body. You could even dress her up and make a fine looking goth loli.

royalpain88
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0

Post by royalpain88 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:34 pm

You wanted it, now here it is! :thumbsup:

Poor Reycal is intimidated by this gentleman but Howling wants none of it.

On a side note, I am building a rather massive house for use in the comic that can be found here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1652. This thing is gonna be A. HUGE and B. SWEET!
Gentlemen do prefer blonde's.

v2gundam
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 19

Post by v2gundam » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:35 pm

oh boy.... I'm not sure about posting the following photo really... let's just say they are not pretty...

OK, good news first: Reycal's skintone is very similar to Annelotte, Alice and Ymir. Ymir might be very slightly lighter than Alice's skintone, but Reycal is probably right between the 2, with only minute difference that I can't really see.

Then things go downhill here. When we try it on Annelotte, we can see that Reycal's neck is a little bit long, but it's not too bad because of the large chest and shoulder pieces of Annelotte.

So why's this happening? It's because Reycal is using a doublejointed neck piece, with the top joint go deep into Reycal's head and bottom joint half buried in the torso. While all Queen's Blade figures use a single joint, with a portion of the neck molded to the root of the head where the joint connect to.

This problem is amplified on Alice's body, with a small torso and fully exposed shoulder making the double joint neck look even longer (alright when viewed from the front, but worse from the side). And changing to the single joint is even worse..... (..urgh....)
ImageImage

not much better with Ymir's body:
ImageImage

In short, Reycal's head is not really compatible with QB figures...
Last edited by v2gundam on Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:25 pm

v2gundam wrote:oh boy.... I'm not sure about posting the following photo really... let's just say they are not pretty...

OK, good news first: Reycal's skintone is very similar to Annelotte, Alice and Ymir. Ymir might be very slightly lighter than Alice's skintone, but Reycal is probably right between the 2, with only minute difference that I can't really see.

Then things go downhill here. When we try it on Annelotte, we can see that Reycal's neck is a little bit long, but it's not too bad because of the large chest and shoulder pieces of Annelotte.

So why's this happening? It's because Reycal is using a doublejointed neck piece, with the top joint go deep into Reycal's head and bottom joint half burried in the torso. While all Queen's Blade figures use a single joint, with a portion of the neck molded to the root of the head where the joint connect to.

This problem is amplified on Alice's body, with a small torso and fully exposed shoulder naking the double joint neck loo even longer (a bit alright when viewed from the veint, but worse fron the side). And changing to the single joint is even worse..... (..urgh....)
ImageImage

not much better with Ymir's body:
ImageImage

In short, Reycal's head is not really compatible with QB figures...
But at least it look good with Annelotte's body, imho. And that's the most reasonable, proportional crossover we'll ever get }:>
Btw, saw your attempt with Alice & Annelotte.
Good job!!
:headbang:
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

royalpain88
Class S Shinki

Post by royalpain88 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:33 am

Since this seems to be my only thread where I post new characters for my project, allow me if you would all be so kind to post some pics of my latest addition to my collection.

Wow. Howling is tall and Saber short.

I find these exercises important for me to learn how to pose characters and best camera angles to shoot from.

As stated earlier. I think I should of done a better job for Howling but she was never designed to hold a sword.

And probably my favorite one of all. Reycal is analyzing Saber's Avalon as she holds Excaliber and Howling holds Avalon's scabbard up.

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:59 am

royalpain88 wrote:Since this seems to be my only thread where I post new characters for my project, allow me if you would all be so kind to post some pics of my latest addition to my collection.

Wow. Howling is tall and Saber short.
Aw, man! I want a Figma Saber.....All I got is that stupid Saber Alt-*Stabbed in the hand with Dark Excalibur*
And probably my favorite one of all. Reycal is analyzing Saber's Avalon as she holds Excaliber and Howling holds Avalon's scabbard up.
Wait....exactly what is Reycal analyzing? Because the sword is called Excalibur, and the scabbard is called Avalon. :biggrin:

royalpain88
Class S Shinki

Post by royalpain88 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Wait, so what's the other sword then? I thought Avalon was the sword?

Shikaze
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Shikaze » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:51 pm

Avalon is the scabbard for Excalibur. The other sword is Caliburn. And if you have the transparent sword, it's Excalibur, hidden by a spell called Invisible Air.

halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

Post by halconfenix » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:52 pm

royalpain88 wrote:Wait, so what's the other sword then? I thought Avalon was the sword?
the other sword is called caliburn if i remember right...

edit: shikase beat me to it :P