Talk about other toys we collect.
Polenicus
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 23
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

HALO Megablocks

Post by Polenicus » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Well, I made the mistake of getting a few turrets for use in my comic. They came with 3 Spartans each. I got three turrets. I was outnumbered.

I caved.

After 'requisitioning' reinforcements, they've set up temporarily on the floor until I clear a proper spot for a firebase. Given how chaotic my house can be (READ MY COMIC!) they've wisely decided on some hefty defenses. Seems the Covenant and UNSC have struck a truce, given how many big bad robots there are lurking about who want to squish them.

Most of them are clustered around the Warthog... and spending too much time making cool dual wield poses.

Those that aren't complete slackers are performing system checks and maintenance on the Hawk, making sure it's ready to fly at a moment's notice.

The Elites, rather bemused by the amount of maintenance inferior human technology requires, spend their time making... uhhh... completely nonvital system adjustments to their Banshee. Which is ready to fly any time. And totally not flarged up the narthak, and they're just trying to cover by acting cool while they desperately try and get the piece of gronk working again.

UNSC turrets are beefy and a pain to transport, but they set up fast and pack a punch, and can take a pounding.

Covenant turrets are lighter and easier to transport, but not nearly as durable. We'll ah... let the grunt have that one.

Now I just need to get some suitable tents and such to finish out the little outpost.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Re: HALO Megablocks

Post by OHWceta » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:58 am

I painted all my Spartans to look like the cast of Red vs Blue

I had some parts from another set I arranged to even make a Base, it could be swapped out to be a Red or Blue Base on Blood Gulch.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:51 am

I have a few...

Two of these are limited edition Spartans... The left and middle. They're from filling out surveys!

And a Warthog. Which I... glued together. Because it I got tired of it falling apart. Not like it's Lego.

...I want more sets. ...*casts a glance over to Megablocks Dragons sets* . . . totally making my guys a sweet base.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:29 am

I want to try and make an elephant but I dunno if I really wanna fork over the cash and buy the two Scorpions I'd need for the peices to make one.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder

Post by Xehn » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:09 am

Mmm... Elephant. ...these guys' scale makes that affordable. o_o

Base!

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Here we have the main cast of the RvB series.

And how can we forget Sheila and the Chupathingy...I mean Warthog.

Here we have a base in the middle of a box shaped canyon.

"Oh Crap!" Recreating that famous team killing scene with Caboose, Shiela, and Church

Xehn
Kamen Adminder

Post by Xehn » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:09 am

Ahhhh, new sets. I picked up the Mongoose & Covenant Turret set. >.>

The new turret is neat.

The set also came with an energy sword.

But my entire reason for getting the set?

The sniper rifle even has a foldable bipod.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder

Post by Xehn » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:07 pm

I demolished the old base to rebuild. I'm much happier with this one.

alebravo6
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Can´t really say...

Post by alebravo6 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:28 pm

I had been looking at those sets with some interest recently, and when Polenicus used his mind control toy review photography, it made me go and buy one, and the one calling more strongly to me was the brute chopper. Short, simple, and badass. Now I`m currently planning how to sneak in larger sets without parents meddling in.

I`d love to put some photos, but I`ve got work, parents, and school to deal with. I`ll see what I can do on weekend.

By the way, this is completely off-topic, but from where does the name Polenicus comes from?

Valdor
Cbox Moderator
Shinkis owned: 14
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Valdor » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:59 pm

alebravo6 wrote:...and when Polenicus used his mind control toy review photography, it made me go and buy one...
This. I don't know how he does it, but he does. If it weren't for his comics I wouldn't have my shinkis and my wallet would be in considerably less pain.