Talk about other toys we collect.
star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: bionicle

Post by star » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:41 pm

OHWceta wrote:I was so angry when they quit the mask packs. Some of the newer masks would have been cool to have in alternate colors.

Great for MOCs, really, as time went on Bionicle became less customizable and isn't that what Lego was supposed to be about?
OH! the mask packs were the ones with just different colors? i thought it was like entirely new masks, yeah i had a similar pack only with the rahkshi worms in it instead

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:55 pm

The Kraata? Yeah, I have this awesome looking one that looks like it's on fire. I don't know where it is, but I have it. Same with one of the "shadow kraata."

I've been keeping my white Vahki out in the snow for the past month to test if the snow and ice would damage bionicles, and so far the guy's perfectly fine. He seemed to be having a blast actually, even after getting buried under more than a foot of snow (New England got a LOT of snow these past few weeks.) But he was a bit pissed off when a ball of ice formed over one of his feet.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Post by OHWceta » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:43 am

Don't try snapping it apart or back together because the joints especially are very brittle in the cold and have a tendancy to crack.

I lost two Rahkshi that way. Fortunatly it was those square shaped ones the make up the shoulders, hands, knees, and ankles, the ones that have that 'u' extension for a peg to go through. Those parts are quite common so my only task was to find spares of a matching color from my MOC pile.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:18 pm

OHWceta wrote:Don't try snapping it apart or back together because the joints especially are very brittle in the cold and have a tendancy to crack.

I lost two Rahkshi that way. Fortunatly it was those square shaped ones the make up the shoulders, hands, knees, and ankles, the ones that have that 'u' extension for a peg to go through. Those parts are quite common so my only task was to find spares of a matching color from my MOC pile.
my glatorian bionicles of the color white and of green also snapped joints in the shoulders, i have no replacement so im just carefull when moveing them, the joints still work, they just have large cracks, and its not like i was rough with these figures, my little cousin just played with them while he was over once so he'd have something to do, and if i had a choice, bionicle is much more suited to children to play with than most other things, and it keeps him out of my revoltech and busou shinki, which i still put on high shelves when family comes to protect, i sure dont wanna be the one there when he realizes what breasts are(like with ianeira), so bionicle seemed like the perfect choice, and oops, im just rambleing sorry :ianeira:
(just to clarify, my shinki and revoltechs, and figmas are very safe, and way out of reach to children as they are not toys and need proper care)

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Actually, his arm came off while I was clearing the table he was on of some of the snow so it wouldn't break under the weight. (I repeat, we got A LOT) and it actually snapped back into place very easily, with no breaking. And although it was a bit warmer that day, this was right after I dug the guy out. I think this goes toward proving that bionicles used to be made of stronger material. I almost nevery had a piece break until the toa mahri came along.......

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 pm

star wrote:(just to clarify, my shinki and revoltechs, and figmas are very safe, and way out of reach to children as they are not toys and need proper care)
Hate to break it to you, dude, but they are toys. Just not childrens' toys.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Xehn wrote:
star wrote:(just to clarify, my shinki and revoltechs, and figmas are very safe, and way out of reach to children as they are not toys and need proper care)
Hate to break it to you, dude, but they are toys. Just not childrens' toys.
well thats what i meant, LOL my brain only half work today, but i meant that they arent intended for rough useage or play really

Greek_cup
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier D.W. ver

Post by Greek_cup » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:55 pm

Little brother bought one of those 2.0 figures. I am somewhat amazed. The articulation is just wonderful. You can do so many poses.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:14 pm

Greek_cup wrote:Little brother bought one of those 2.0 figures. I am somewhat amazed. The articulation is just wonderful. You can do so many poses.
amazing you say? better than the originals? or about the same? either way the 2.0 figures seem smaller than bionicle and like cookie cutter copys of each other, and dont they all shoot ice or something?(not really but if they were real they would) thats not very elementally diverse, since even the fire one shoots ice, even when bionicle went under water, the fire one kept some attributes of fire with him, in the 2.0, one villian makes them all ice? it just doesnt set right with me

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:54 pm

I agree, and I also don't like the fact that they're essentially attack of the clones. But I would personally highly reccomend buying at least one. Whichever seems the most appealing to you. And you could always pretend that their elements are what they're supposed to be.