Talk about other toys we collect.
star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: bionicle

Post by star » Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:30 pm

blade_anime wrote:Check the reviews on BZPower. Mainly it's that almost everything is attached via ball-joints. The limbs and body have ball joints in the middle for the armor to attatch to, the armor pieces having the sockets. Stormer 2.0's pretty cool I think, he has a rifle, although the annoying thing about the 2.0s is that the weapons are no longer really unique. I'd reccomend buying at least one 2.0.
i saw some 2.0s, i despise their armor, its so flat and chunky and boring, thats my main dislike! although i am curious to see this new joint system, so i might pic one to buy, but other than that, i guess i can costumize with those barrels of bionicle parts that they sold for extra armor

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:53 pm

I think I remember getting one of those! They came with two masks of time, right?

Greek_cup
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier D.W. ver

Post by Greek_cup » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:39 pm

star wrote:
Greek_cup wrote:OH bionicles. That takes me back. I still have a bucket full of them. I bought all the mistika and phantoka because i was a fan of the original toa. I regret the mofications that i made. Not because they were bad, but because i just couldn't believe i did that. Over all i kind of see bionicle as one big mistake in my life. But thats just me.
a mistake that cant be undun and you enjoyed isnt realy a mistake, unless its like an unplanned pregnansy, but bionicle was good and lots of us still like them, no shame to you, and the past is easily covered if need be., i however still very much like all my bionicle and see them as a very worthy cause in all my purchases, i still love to build them, i own all the underwater ones (i forget the series name) and im very glad i do! :D :schmetterling:

I couldn't help to laugh about the unplanned pregnancy thing. I used to be big collector. Getting all the rare masks. i think if i sold them separately i would make a couple hundred. Trans light blue kaukau. trans yellow kaukau.... Collecting sure is addicting.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:55 pm

Greek_cup wrote:
star wrote:
Greek_cup wrote:OH bionicles. That takes me back. I still have a bucket full of them. I bought all the mistika and phantoka because i was a fan of the original toa. I regret the mofications that i made. Not because they were bad, but because i just couldn't believe i did that. Over all i kind of see bionicle as one big mistake in my life. But thats just me.
a mistake that cant be undun and you enjoyed isnt realy a mistake, unless its like an unplanned pregnansy, but bionicle was good and lots of us still like them, no shame to you, and the past is easily covered if need be., i however still very much like all my bionicle and see them as a very worthy cause in all my purchases, i still love to build them, i own all the underwater ones (i forget the series name) and im very glad i do! :D :schmetterling:

I couldn't help to laugh about the unplanned pregnancy thing. I used to be big collector. Getting all the rare masks. i think if i sold them separately i would make a couple hundred. Trans light blue kaukau. trans yellow kaukau.... Collecting sure is addicting.
glad i could make you laugh, did they sell masks seperately? i thought they were only in sets?

Greek_cup
Class C Shinki

Post by Greek_cup » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:24 pm

Mask packs my friend! So yes. They did sell them separately as well. There were some limited european misprints, which go for quite the pretty penny.....

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:12 pm

Greek_cup wrote:Mask packs my friend! So yes. They did sell them separately as well. There were some limited european misprints, which go for quite the pretty penny.....
may i see pics? they'd really liven up this topic

Greek_cup
Class C Shinki

Post by Greek_cup » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:38 pm

star wrote:
Greek_cup wrote:Mask packs my friend! So yes. They did sell them separately as well. There were some limited european misprints, which go for quite the pretty penny.....
may i see pics? they'd really liven up this topic
The mask packs? Or the euro misprints?

Mask pack:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uT2VyhSD-KU

Euro misprints:http://www.freewebs.com/commanderskywal ... prints.jpg

Valdor
Cbox Moderator
Shinkis owned: 14
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Valdor » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:12 pm

Ah, the mask packs. I remember going into stores and finding half of their stock of mask packs already opened.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:54 pm

Valdor wrote:Ah, the mask packs. I remember going into stores and finding half of their stock of mask packs already opened.
lol, people'll do that, i dont remember mask packs, but i do remember pokemon cards strewn throughout an isle or 2

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Post by OHWceta » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:03 am

I was so angry when they quit the mask packs. Some of the newer masks would have been cool to have in alternate colors.

Great for MOCs, really, as time went on Bionicle became less customizable and isn't that what Lego was supposed to be about?
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm