Talk about other toys we collect.
star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

bionicle

Post by star » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:01 pm

ok...i know most people here are fans of the lego bionicle series or maybe just know some one who is....anyways....this topic was designed for oppions and just chat about them in general......faverite series....reviews.....customs.....whatever you want.......it doesnt matter.......just about bionicle.......so here we go......................... :schmetterling: :strarf: :fubuki: :grapprap: :eukrante: :benio: :oneofus:

star
Class S Shinki

Re: bionicle

Post by star » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:05 pm

im not a fan of the bionicle stars so far.....they arent full size but theyre supposed to be like full bionicle from my understanding......the rahkshi is my favorite but id still suggest going on ebay and searching for an orriginal rahkshi because the new one has no kraata and the hands mess up the whole idea that the staff turns into 2 swords with the removal of the rod....but the new one still fold up into the flight mode as seen on the original commercials and the feet look awsome when he is.....but the old series was much better......i wish i could still find the barraki and mistica in stores......they were my favorites.... :schmetterling:

Argroh Valdios
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Werkstra

Post by Argroh Valdios » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:22 am

Wow, the only topic you made that actually peeks my interest.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:02 pm

bionicle needs to put out a new line, this ones getting old..........and the stars (a line of bionicle) just dont do it for me, they have alot less jionts and they just arent as posable so im not even gonna count them realy as a line of bionicle but more as matoran......and the glatorian have been around since like a year ago.............am i the only one who noticed this......am i the only one not pleased with the stars series? please comment on that.......i wanna know if im the only one.....

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:14 pm

Bionicle has ended. They're replacing the line with "Hero Factory".

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:48 pm

realy? is that like those ben 10 things???

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Shinkis owned: 33
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:32 pm

The Ben 10 things are a related line, but it's an original-character thing, like Bionicle was. This one's just based around superheroes and supervillains.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:05 pm

i just looked it up (yes, now i look stuff up) and i gotta say, the elbows and knees dont apear to bend, and they look chunky, i cant take them seriously, im dissapionted, but could they be a new line of bionicle? at first when the piraka first were released, i thought they were a bionicle replacement, probably cause i wasnt all that old and never did research but from what i see im not all that impressed

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Post by OHWceta » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm a HUGE Bionicle fan, loved it since day 1.

You guys really got spoiled. The Stars are actually more posable than the original Bionicle figures, just without the useless action feature
I compaired my Stars Tahu with my Original Tahu, the Stars one is barely shorter, both of them have arms that move at the shoulders and legs that move at the hip, both have movable feet, the original only has 1 movable hand (Onua and Gali from series one didn't have movable hands) And the Stars can move its neck while the original can't.
And back when Bionicle first came out they costed 7$ for a Toa, the Stars are about 7$
The "Toa" as you call them, the big sets just keep getting more expensive and more complex, go too much further and it would be like 15$ each Toa and you'd basically have a Titan set.

I actually wish they would have made all 6 original Toa using the new parts from the Stars, it would have been more productive than re-releasing a smaller Gresh and Skrall who we only released half a season ago (The Original Toa haven't been around for 10 years, Bionicle has changed a lot since then)

As for each season, here's my personal oppinion.

Season 1 (2001): Toa, Turaga, Rahi - Great overall, this series had everything, the designs were great, even after everything I've seen the originals are still my favorite.

Season 2 (2002): Matoran, Toa Nuva, Bohrok, Bohrok-Va, Titans - The Toa Nuva had better weapons and slightly better articulation, and the armor add-ons was a total plus, but the masks weren't quite as cool as the originals, they lost their ancient tribal feel. The Bahrag and Toa-Exa were some of the better Titan sets, I regret not buying them when I had the chance. The Bohrok were ok, cool design but once you have one you have them all, way more cookie-cutter than the Toa.

Season 3 (2003): Bohrok Kal, Rahkshi, Movie-Sets - The Bohrok Kal just annoyed me, cranking out more cookie-cutter figures recolored from last year. But my faith was restored when I saw the Rahkshi, Movable Knee Joints! Creepy look, a little too cookie-cutter in build, but I did like the way these figures attacked Horizontal instead of Vertical. Makuta was Great! Takanuva could have been better off without his useless vehicle, but then there wouldn't be the spare parts to make TakutaNuva (who could have only been better if Toys R Us sold the 2 pack with the Half-And-Half Mask instead of a Mask of Shadows Variant) The Jaller and Takua sets in my oppinion were only good for spare parts, the creatures looked thrown together.

Season 4 (2004): Toa Metru , Vahki, Matoran , Titans - I'm still missing the Tribal Style Masks (I thought after seeing Light and Shadows it would get better, but no.) The Masks were a little better in my oppinion, but just not...there. I liked the new posability in the figures, but this line suffered from very cookie-cutter design and the loss of mask pack in exchange for Stupid Disks. I will continue to rant about the end of mask packs for years to come. The Vahki, Cookie-Cutter but kinda cool that they Transformed, and totally worth it once they began being sold with a Mask of Time which was long overdue for a release. The Titans were kinda cool, though Dume nowhere near resembled a Turaga. Unfortunately a lot of new parts this season are useless for MOCing (namely the upper Torso.)

Season 5 (2005): Toa Hordika, Visorak, Titans, Playsets - Cookie-Cutter, that is all. The Hordika were total clones, the Visorak did have the decency to swap a few leg parts so some had long legs while others looked heavier armed. Still angry about lack of mask packs, now they've gone to flying propellors. Interestingly enough I had a Dream about buying a Visorak in Toys R Us several months before any information was revealed on the sets. Now the playsets pleased me, the big towers and everything would serve well for making a huge tower out of legos. Though the minifigures were stiff and lacking.

Season 6 (2006): Piraka, Toa Inika, Matoran, Titans, Playsets - At first I found them hideous but they grew on me, the Piraka were pretty cool even if they suffered from Cookie-cutter design, though the Matoran released this season all had an individual design that made them stand out FAR above any of the other small sets I've seen. The Inika had cool bodies, but that's where it ended....The faces and masks were the worst things to EVER come out of a Bionicle line. They weren't even remotely compatable with the other masks. Though Ammo packs in replacement of the mask pack still continue to annoy me, at least the Sphere launchers work, a major improvement to Bionicle Long Range Weaponry. The Playsets saw a major improvement on minifigures but the Designs were somewhat lacking, aside from the bridge set, everything else in the playsets were spare parts. Now we have the Titans, possibly the best Titans to come out of any season of Bionicle, They had perfect articulation, good proportions (no midget arms on giant body kinds stuff), Vezon has to be my favorite character in all of Bionicle, Brutaka and Axxon being in the top 5. And Kardas!!!!!!!!! I had such a Nerdgasm when I saw it! I even bought and extra Axonn and Brutaka so I could have them on Dsiplay WITH Kardas (since their parts combine with Fenrakk to make it) The bulk, the use of parts, brilliant, this has to be the best Bionicle of all time, and it's a DRAGON!!! A FRIGGEN DRAGON!!!!

Season 7 (2007): Barraki, Toa Mahri, Titans, Playsets - I'm a bit baised, as a scuba diver I love underwater themes. Bionicle Finally put an end to cookie-cutter designing, every character in this lineup has a unique build. The Underwater Masks are cool, I'm glad to see Bionicle corrected the Travesty of the Inika Maskfaces and used the old heads. It would have been cooler if they had mask packs but oh well. The Titans were decently made, though Lesovikk suffers the same problem as TakaNuva years before, a Vehicle only good for jacking up the price, and spare parts (But there was no combiner for Lesovikk.) The Gatling Gun Blasters were cool, but the Squid slingshots worked worse than the Disk Launchers.

Season 8 (2008): Av Matoran, Mistika/Phantoka, Makuta, Titans, Vehicles - Bionicle stole my idea, I've been connecting Matoran to Toa for years making "powered up" forms, it took them this long to figure it out? I liked most of Makuta, and even the Toa were cool....but they didn't even remotely resemble the characters who they were supposed to be (Gali, the girl who looks more butch than most of the guys, Onua, the big strong guy skinnier than Lewa, the Quick Toa of air, Kopaka without a sword and shield, Orange Pohatu? He's Brown! And Tahu's God-Awful Mask, well....the mask looks cool on almost anyone BUT Tahu.) The Titan sets were well designed but we have another Vehicle Jacking up a Toa sized figure's price and serving no real purpose. (Yay for the release of the Mask of life though!) This season would have been cool to have mask packs. The Vehicles were AMAZING! but they cost a fortune! Nobody in their right mind would buy at full price! This season saw Skyblasters and Ghost Blasters, the Ghostblasters weren't all that great, the Skyblasters were probably the best long range blasters of any season, not as many shots as the Mahri's Gatling Guns but they didn't suffer from firing problems. I'm pissed they didn't release a Miserix!

Season 9 (2009): Agori, Glatorian, Titans, Vehicles - The Agori, Cookie-cutter, though they had some cool masks, I'm not happy they aren't compatable with older stuff but they're not from the same planet, a little more understandable though their faces totally look like they were stolen from "Iron Man". The Glatorian are thankfully all unique in Design. I only wish Mata Nui was gold instead of Yellow. I wasn't too fond of the Titans but the Vehicles, still as amazing as ever! Though even more deadly on the wallet. The game (yes, they all have HP sliders for a battle game...) could have been so much better if they sold Custom mask and armor packs for Glatorian. The Spikey Fruit Launchers sucked, just a little better than the disk launchers from the Metru Line.

Season 10 (2010): Stars - They should have just done a remake of the original 6 Toa and be done with it, I already addressed about it being too soon to remake Gresh. Oh... and of course Release titan sets of the Prototype body Mata Nui uses to Fight Teridax and Mata Nui's Original Body Teridax Hijacked. Characters like Artahka and Herylax would have been a nice addition too.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:58 pm

OHWceta wrote:I'm a HUGE Bionicle fan, loved it since day 1.

You guys really got spoiled. The Stars are actually more posable than the original Bionicle figures, just without the useless action feature
I compaired my Stars Tahu with my Original Tahu, the Stars one is barely shorter, both of them have arms that move at the shoulders and legs that move at the hip, both have movable feet, the original only has 1 movable hand (Onua and Gali from series one didn't have movable hands) And the Stars can move its neck while the original can't.
And back when Bionicle first came out they costed 7$ for a Toa, the Stars are about 7$
The "Toa" as you call them, the big sets just keep getting more expensive and more complex, go too much further and it would be like 15$ each Toa and you'd basically have a Titan set.

I actually wish they would have made all 6 original Toa using the new parts from the Stars, it would have been more productive than re-releasing a smaller Gresh and Skrall who we only released half a season ago (The Original Toa haven't been around for 10 years, Bionicle has changed a lot since then)

As for each season, here's my personal oppinion.

Season 1 (2001): Toa, Turaga, Rahi - Great overall, this series had everything, the designs were great, even after everything I've seen the originals are still my favorite.

Season 2 (2002): Matoran, Toa Nuva, Bohrok, Bohrok-Va, Titans - The Toa Nuva had better weapons and slightly better articulation, and the armor add-ons was a total plus, but the masks weren't quite as cool as the originals, they lost their ancient tribal feel. The Bahrag and Toa-Exa were some of the better Titan sets, I regret not buying them when I had the chance. The Bohrok were ok, cool design but once you have one you have them all, way more cookie-cutter than the Toa.

Season 3 (2003): Bohrok Kal, Rahkshi, Movie-Sets - The Bohrok Kal just annoyed me, cranking out more cookie-cutter figures recolored from last year. But my faith was restored when I saw the Rahkshi, Movable Knee Joints! Creepy look, a little too cookie-cutter in build, but I did like the way these figures attacked Horizontal instead of Vertical. Makuta was Great! Takanuva could have been better off without his useless vehicle, but then there wouldn't be the spare parts to make TakutaNuva (who could have only been better if Toys R Us sold the 2 pack with the Half-And-Half Mask instead of a Mask of Shadows Variant) The Jaller and Takua sets in my oppinion were only good for spare parts, the creatures looked thrown together.

Season 4 (2004): Toa Metru , Vahki, Matoran , Titans - I'm still missing the Tribal Style Masks (I thought after seeing Light and Shadows it would get better, but no.) The Masks were a little better in my oppinion, but just not...there. I liked the new posability in the figures, but this line suffered from very cookie-cutter design and the loss of mask pack in exchange for Stupid Disks. I will continue to rant about the end of mask packs for years to come. The Vahki, Cookie-Cutter but kinda cool that they Transformed, and totally worth it once they began being sold with a Mask of Time which was long overdue for a release. The Titans were kinda cool, though Dume nowhere near resembled a Turaga. Unfortunately a lot of new parts this season are useless for MOCing (namely the upper Torso.)

Season 5 (2005): Toa Hordika, Visorak, Titans, Playsets - Cookie-Cutter, that is all. The Hordika were total clones, the Visorak did have the decency to swap a few leg parts so some had long legs while others looked heavier armed. Still angry about lack of mask packs, now they've gone to flying propellors. Interestingly enough I had a Dream about buying a Visorak in Toys R Us several months before any information was revealed on the sets. Now the playsets pleased me, the big towers and everything would serve well for making a huge tower out of legos. Though the minifigures were stiff and lacking.

Season 6 (2006): Piraka, Toa Inika, Matoran, Titans, Playsets - At first I found them hideous but they grew on me, the Piraka were pretty cool even if they suffered from Cookie-cutter design, though the Matoran released this season all had an individual design that made them stand out FAR above any of the other small sets I've seen. The Inika had cool bodies, but that's where it ended....The faces and masks were the worst things to EVER come out of a Bionicle line. They weren't even remotely compatable with the other masks. Though Ammo packs in replacement of the mask pack still continue to annoy me, at least the Sphere launchers work, a major improvement to Bionicle Long Range Weaponry. The Playsets saw a major improvement on minifigures but the Designs were somewhat lacking, aside from the bridge set, everything else in the playsets were spare parts. Now we have the Titans, possibly the best Titans to come out of any season of Bionicle, They had perfect articulation, good proportions (no midget arms on giant body kinds stuff), Vezon has to be my favorite character in all of Bionicle, Brutaka and Axxon being in the top 5. And Kardas!!!!!!!!! I had such a Nerdgasm when I saw it! I even bought and extra Axonn and Brutaka so I could have them on Dsiplay WITH Kardas (since their parts combine with Fenrakk to make it) The bulk, the use of parts, brilliant, this has to be the best Bionicle of all time, and it's a DRAGON!!! A FRIGGEN DRAGON!!!!

Season 7 (2007): Barraki, Toa Mahri, Titans, Playsets - I'm a bit baised, as a scuba diver I love underwater themes. Bionicle Finally put an end to cookie-cutter designing, every character in this lineup has a unique build. The Underwater Masks are cool, I'm glad to see Bionicle corrected the Travesty of the Inika Maskfaces and used the old heads. It would have been cooler if they had mask packs but oh well. The Titans were decently made, though Lesovikk suffers the same problem as TakaNuva years before, a Vehicle only good for jacking up the price, and spare parts (But there was no combiner for Lesovikk.) The Gatling Gun Blasters were cool, but the Squid slingshots worked worse than the Disk Launchers.

Season 8 (2008): Av Matoran, Mistika/Phantoka, Makuta, Titans, Vehicles - Bionicle stole my idea, I've been connecting Matoran to Toa for years making "powered up" forms, it took them this long to figure it out? I liked most of Makuta, and even the Toa were cool....but they didn't even remotely resemble the characters who they were supposed to be (Gali, the girl who looks more butch than most of the guys, Onua, the big strong guy skinnier than Lewa, the Quick Toa of air, Kopaka without a sword and shield, Orange Pohatu? He's Brown! And Tahu's God-Awful Mask, well....the mask looks cool on almost anyone BUT Tahu.) The Titan sets were well designed but we have another Vehicle Jacking up a Toa sized figure's price and serving no real purpose. (Yay for the release of the Mask of life though!) This season would have been cool to have mask packs. The Vehicles were AMAZING! but they cost a fortune! Nobody in their right mind would buy at full price! This season saw Skyblasters and Ghost Blasters, the Ghostblasters weren't all that great, the Skyblasters were probably the best long range blasters of any season, not as many shots as the Mahri's Gatling Guns but they didn't suffer from firing problems. I'm pissed they didn't release a Miserix!

Season 9 (2009): Agori, Glatorian, Titans, Vehicles - The Agori, Cookie-cutter, though they had some cool masks, I'm not happy they aren't compatable with older stuff but they're not from the same planet, a little more understandable though their faces totally look like they were stolen from "Iron Man". The Glatorian are thankfully all unique in Design. I only wish Mata Nui was gold instead of Yellow. I wasn't too fond of the Titans but the Vehicles, still as amazing as ever! Though even more deadly on the wallet. The game (yes, they all have HP sliders for a battle game...) could have been so much better if they sold Custom mask and armor packs for Glatorian. The Spikey Fruit Launchers sucked, just a little better than the disk launchers from the Metru Line.

Season 10 (2010): Stars - They should have just done a remake of the original 6 Toa and be done with it, I already addressed about it being too soon to remake Gresh. Oh... and of course Release titan sets of the Prototype body Mata Nui uses to Fight Teridax and Mata Nui's Original Body Teridax Hijacked. Characters like Artahka and Herylax would have been a nice addition too.
ive gotta say, we have gotten spioled, no arguement, but im not asking for titans, just that they keep up the good work will elbows that bend and knees, and possibly atleast consider keeping bionicle around, i meen more people are huge fans and even people out of the target age range still like them, i realy did like the originals and i wish i had been older when they came out to better apriecate them, ive grown up with bionicle and it was always awsome, so why not just make more? why an entire new series? the hero faactory could easily be changed to be bionicle. i just think its piontless to oust a well known and proffitable series for some new story because people dont feel like makeing more bionicle and the giants from the stars sets, like on the bionicle site at lego, they sould be made as titan sets, why stop bionicle? they clearly have more ideas for a storyline, they just made it a new series....which in my oppinion is piontless and super kiddy-fied.....or atleast from what ive seen