Talk about other toys we collect.
Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Re: bionicle

Post by Klinkin » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:46 pm

OHWceta wrote:I'm thinking about making giant sized Toa as a Tribute, make the Stars how it should have been, making new versions of the Toa aboat as big as the Large Mata Nui they made during the Glatorian series.

Should I make them completely out of technic parts or should I use lego bricks?

If I get around to it I might even make a giant sized Mata Nui in his original body. As a hint to how big of an undertaking this will be, I plan for the forearm to be about the width and depth of the Toa Terrain crawler set. (Adjusting length to keep it proportional). The set might even open up to allow the minifigures to ride inside, as well as maybe a few additional gimmicks for more fun.
Sounds interesting; I'd look forward to both of those projects. I think if you want to make titan-sized Toa, you'll need to use bricks just because Bionicle didn't make many of the necessary parts big enough. Honestly, if you're going to be doing the original Toa Mata, then you'll probably need to make your own masks, too, as the old ones would be too small for a titan-sized body.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Re: bionicle

Post by OHWceta » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:07 pm

It'd probably be easier to make the heads and masks from bricks.

I dont want sculpting or painting for this project, just snapping parts together from sets I already scrapped.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm