Talk about other toys we collect.
Greek_cup
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 33
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier D.W. ver

Re: bionicle

Post by Greek_cup » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Cookie cutter copies...Ahaha...Isn't that like most of the bionicle sets? Last time i checked. Yes. I do not really mind the new sets. Just as long as the parts are still recognized as compatible, shouldn't that be fine? I mean i thought people should have got creative with the parts. Not just build the instructed sets and leave them there to rot. Attributes don't really matter all too much to me. So i shall not talk about that.

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Post by star » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:25 pm

Greek_cup wrote:Cookie cutter copies...Ahaha...Isn't that like most of the bionicle sets? Last time i checked. Yes. I do not really mind the new sets. Just as long as the parts are still recognized as compatible, shouldn't that be fine? I mean i thought people should have got creative with the parts. Not just build the instructed sets and leave them there to rot. Attributes don't really matter all too much to me. So i shall not talk about that.
well, the last sets were more varied in armor than these. the 2.0s only difference is color and mask, and there armor is virtually detail-less, with no real decoration other than stickers, i might just maybe get one to see what the fuss is about but i doubt ill get more than that, atleast til they change them, but itll be a while before i do get one if i do because im just not all that interested in the 2.0s and im kinda broke after i pay for eukrante when her pre-order ends

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Post by blade_anime » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:42 am

Well, BZP has pics of the upcoming Hero Factory sets, and it looks like this one won't be quite as much of an attack of the clones. Then again, I haven't looked that well at the pictures, so judge for yourself. But jeez, a red falcon, an orange tiger, a gold lion and a white rhino, it's too bad Breez won't be in this wave with a Mantis, Stag Beetle or Grasshopper theme if you know what I mean. But I'm disappointed they got rid of Surge and Breeze for this wave, even if they did bring back Bulk and Stringer. Actually, on second look, the heroes themselves seem to still suffer from identity issues, with the heads being the only real difference between them. The villains (And one more expensive hero) however seem to have some interesting designs.

Xehn
Kamen Adminder
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by Xehn » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:18 pm

..."toa" being clones isn't anything new at all. they've always been identical in construction, with only masks, colors, and weapons to differentiate them. it was only later in the line that things got mixed up.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:14 pm

blade_anime wrote:Well, BZP has pics of the upcoming Hero Factory sets, and it looks like this one won't be quite as much of an attack of the clones. Then again, I haven't looked that well at the pictures, so judge for yourself. But jeez, a red falcon, an orange tiger, a gold lion and a white rhino, it's too bad Breez won't be in this wave with a Mantis, Stag Beetle or Grasshopper theme if you know what I mean. But I'm disappointed they got rid of Surge and Breeze for this wave, even if they did bring back Bulk and Stringer. Actually, on second look, the heroes themselves seem to still suffer from identity issues, with the heads being the only real difference between them. The villains (And one more expensive hero) however seem to have some interesting designs.
the new ones are truly different than each other but i still dont like them much, they look cheap and just feel like its been done before, and the green and blue ones were really the only ones i kinda liked, although i wish the blue one was the girl and not the green one, and on animal themes, blue could be a shark or dolphin, green could be a falcon or hawk, why is the red one a bird? if it must be a bird atleast make it a pheonix of something fire related, and the white one would be a much better polar bear, who comes up with this stuff! i could do their job 3x better!

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:17 pm

The red one is a bird because OOO is awesome.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:41 pm

blade_anime wrote:The red one is a bird because OOO is awesome.
awsome? hmm, not my thoughts but i still would rather see the green one as a bird, let alone see the green one at all, no team gets left behind right? maybe lego is abandoning that

Greek_cup
Class C Shinki
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier D.W. ver

Post by Greek_cup » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:03 pm

Seeing a TATOBA combo hero factory set would look nice. I love the helmets. The lack of weapons disturbs me.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:24 pm

it official, im a trader to my cause, i caved and bought breez 2.0, the weapons are so strangly placed that they're in the way and almost impossible to use, and no, the 2.0s have no transparent plastic at all(and i meen there is none on any of the 2.0s, my cousing got stormer 2.0 and he had none!), but they do have 4 fingers and a thumb, but they arent very big at all and the armor snaps on with ball joints, not pegs so it slides aroung, and without any armor, they look like stick people, if they're here to stay, at least improve them

blade_anime
Class S Shinki

Post by blade_anime » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:33 pm

But they are incredibly poseable. Also, real armor shifts around, the armor being flexible also somewhat prevents it from hindering movement. But I do agree that the torso piece is way to bland without armor. I was also pissed at how none of them had truly unique weapons.