halconfenix
Official Tally Keeper
Shinkis owned: 32
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Space Shuttle Arnval

thoughs about the japanese and BSW...

Post by halconfenix » Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:11 am

i just found this japanese blog: http://blog.goo.ne.jp/triumph-taku_1981

talks alot about typical otaku stuff and shinkis, what takes me a bit by surprise is that he (or she) can be considered a BSW lurker as well.

i decided to test my nickname on that blog's search tool, and this is what i found

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/triumph-taku_1981/s/halconfenix

craptastic google translation: http://translate.google.com.co/translat ... s&ie=UTF-8

i dunno if this person is the only japanese with records of BSW... but it's interesting to see what they think about us!

General_Noodles
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Pomock

Re: thoughs about the japanese and BSW...

Post by General_Noodles » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:25 am

Sound like he or she is making fun of everyone :P

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:36 am

That or odd translations :) Seeing my posts in a Japanese blog is kinda odd, though.

I figure most of the Japanese fans dont really care about the non-Japanese fans. They might be aware they exist, but it doesnt enter into their every day thoughts when events arent around.

Chaos Incarnate
Graphics Guru
Shinkis owned: 12
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf

Post by Chaos Incarnate » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:47 am

I guess now we know who some of the lurkers on the Cbox are.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:14 am

Thinking about it some more, I really do wish I knew what they were talking about.

No one likes being discussed behind their back, after all. And if they ARE snickering, laughing, or just being bemused about us, I'd rather like to know why, especially if it's something we're 'doing wrong.'

So hey, if any of you Japanese posters are out there, speak up :) We wont bite.

Ninth
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Zelnogrard

Post by Ninth » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:14 pm

Attention foreigners:

"To do blow," is slang for, "To use cocaine."
Battle Rondo username: ninerplease

Class A Shinki:
Panzer Melt
Class B Shinki:
Gunbunny HETARIA
Class C Shinki:
Cannon Utsuho
Angel Commando Gabrielle
Fighter Ijimeko
Not in Service:
Ninja Zubera
Firearms Kanna
Succubus Lilim

Vocaloid
Class C Shinki

Post by Vocaloid » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:05 am

Caterwaul wrote:Thinking about it some more, I really do wish I knew what they were talking about.

No one likes being discussed behind their back, after all. And if they ARE snickering, laughing, or just being bemused about us, I'd rather like to know why, especially if it's something we're 'doing wrong.'

So hey, if any of you Japanese posters are out there, speak up :) We wont bite.
Look at all the replies to my posts AFTER I publically apologized and stopped. And being called names for giving my opinion. Some people are a little "too" up tight here and tend to have that "I'm better then you" attitude. General unfriendly feel. Just the impression I get. I invited Zyrdarya here but I think she left already. She had a similar impression. Alot of people seem to notice that. Someone even mentioned me on Figure/GK and not good things about this forum, someone is also using the name Vocaloid and a few other names from members on this forum there. Unless that's you guys...though I wish whoever was using Vocaloid would stop.

I'm wondering if any of this sparked this post.

Either way I try not to post here unless it's a picture or something.

Not intended to piss anyone off here..

Pyaamon
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 22
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio/ Arnval 2

Post by Pyaamon » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:48 am

*scratches her head confusedly* I think we were being discussed by the Japanese long before that particular discussion on the board, Vocaloid.

I have no idea who that rude person was on GK who sparked up a fair amount of comment from both sides of the shinki fandom, but it was my fault for asking them why they felt that way about the board...why they brought up you and only you didn't make sense - obviously they'd just seen the board in passing and decided to use you for comment. That was entirely unfair. So I'm very sorry.

It was also unfair to bring it to GK - they don't give a damn about a little site following the figures, nor any comments that might come from it, good or bad. I can't believe the english speaking person was agreeing with an english based board - nobody would post on it! I don't know. Some people seem to really enjoy making a fuss.

Anyway. I'll say it again, I'm real sorry he brought you up there and pulled that out for public discussion. I'm taking responsibility for that, and will probably never open my mouth on GK ever again. I'm so sorry.

Vocaloid
Class C Shinki

Post by Vocaloid » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:42 am

Pyaamon wrote:*scratches her head confusedly* I think we were being discussed by the Japanese long before that particular discussion on the board, Vocaloid.

I have no idea who that rude person was on GK who sparked up a fair amount of comment from both sides of the shinki fandom, but it was my fault for asking them why they felt that way about the board...why they brought up you and only you didn't make sense - obviously they'd just seen the board in passing and decided to use you for comment. That was entirely unfair. So I'm very sorry.

It was also unfair to bring it to GK - they don't give a damn about a little site following the figures, nor any comments that might come from it, good or bad. I can't believe the english speaking person was agreeing with an english based board - nobody would post on it! I don't know. Some people seem to really enjoy making a fuss.

Anyway. I'll say it again, I'm real sorry he brought you up there and pulled that out for public discussion. I'm taking responsibility for that, and will probably never open my mouth on GK ever again. I'm so sorry.
I know but seeing as the Japanese were making comments about here reminded me of recent things happening. No need to be so sorry. I didn't make a good first impression here and I think I'm stuck with that. No worries, Pyaamon~