Talk about whatever you want!
Xerain
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Maochao

Re: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody - Tournament

Post by Xerain » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:44 pm

I'm fine with Quarter circles, I'm talking about Eighth circles. The ones where they want the final input key before you press the attack button to be a diagonal. In other words, I'm fine with 632s or 236s, but it's the 623s that get me.

Argroh Valdios
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Werkstra

Post by Argroh Valdios » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:13 pm

I learned about specials when I played Guilty Gear XX Sharp Reload, though, they had crazier commands.

Chipotle
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Valona

Post by Chipotle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:23 pm

...try this? (Finish before a quarter-second passes.)

Press Right. Release Right.
Press and hold Down. Press and hold Right. Tap the attack button. (The attack triggers here.)
Release Down and release Right. (The order won't matter.)

It works okay for me, as a "dragon punch" motion. I've never heard of it called a 1/8th circle before...

Argroh Valdios
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Werkstra

Post by Argroh Valdios » Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:24 am

you should post a beginners guide to the game Chip, as in what good characters are good for beginners and such, some helpfull tips on conflict / deck building... deck building hasn't been mentioned yet in this topic, has it?

Chipotle
MMS Naked

Post by Chipotle » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:37 am

Beginner characters... let me run through that -after- I sleep. zzz....

Deck building... nope! It hasn't!!

It's a bit on the advanced side of the game. You figure which cards are utterly useless to you, then you swap them out for others. If you're starting, I'd suggest getting a feel for moving around in the game first.

-----

System Cards are available to all characters. Their use is kinda limited though. Bombs and Guard Impacts are only useful when you find yourself the victim of blockstrings. The last three cards are recoveries (Spell Card drawing, HP recover, and Spirit recover); they force you to stand still if you want their effects, which means you'll be eating a Masterspark from your opponent.

I'd suggest staying away from Skill Cards, unless you tried it out in practice mode and it puts an evil grin on your face. They do absolutely nothing when you activate them; they'll replace one of your special moves with another one, and it'll stay like that until the end of the battle.

Otherwise, Spell Cards are easiest to use. Press a button, watch the lasers fly.

Equip Cards are... well, they're the ones you've selected so far in your deck.

-----

...as for decks, I can upload profiles with preset decks that *might* be good for beginners. (You can use them, even if you don't have "enough" cards.) You'll have to configure the controls for it to suit your tastes.
Last edited by Chipotle on Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sword
Battle Rondo Edification Officer
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 6
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fubuki

Post by Sword » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:02 am

I mostly agree with Chip. Still, skill cards of the skills you already have can be really useful.. especially if you're just starting out. Dealing more damage with your specials or adding extra bullets to them is easy and strong.

As to beginner characters, i'd suggest Aya or Remilia for those who like fast chara's and Iku or Yuyuko for those who like spamming the screen with a million bullets. But it's not like they're particularly easier than any of the others.. so pick what you like.

Chipotle
MMS Naked

Post by Chipotle » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:00 pm

I'd probably suggest that beginners stay away from:

Yukari. (Umbrella)
Reisen. (Moon Rabbit)
Komachi. (Scythe)
Alice. (Puppeteer)

...for various reasons. Feel free to try them out; all characters are fun. But, if you use them against other players, you'll be fighting a difficult uphill battle.

They require a certain level of mastery before they can compare with other characters. Everyone else has moves with obvious, less situational uses. IMHO.

Xerain
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 12
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Maochao

Post by Xerain » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:42 am

After playing with it a bit, the timing is definitely a lot easier. I can actually pull off Reimu's Risening Kick or teleport Kick consistently. I don't actually have to do forward + 1/8 cirlce foward. I can get it to go off with forward + a full quarter circle. In other words, I can use 6236 instead of 623. In IamP I'm pretty sure 6236 wouldn't work.

HarukaYuki
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 123
MMS owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fort Bragg

Post by HarukaYuki » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:03 am

Awh~

Well.. For Cards go, the Spell Card draw makes you stand still, but the HP recovery doesn't, it has the same activation time as a normal card, but you can move while it works, the effect gets dispelled as soon as you're hit though.

I like the skill cards myself, depending on the character, especially Remilia (Vampire Claw and Chain Gang) Yuyuko (Soul of Excellent death and Sphere broom), and Youmu (Lotus Stance Cut, Core Extraction Cut, and Insightful Sword{If you're fighting a melee})

I also suggest staying away from Level 4/5 Spell Cards, or at the very least limit then to a couple in your deck. It's painful when you're playing as Marisa and you draw 4 of your big spell cards at once and can't use any without losing the rest..
Last edited by HarukaYuki on Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

HarukaYuki
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 123
MMS owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Fort Bragg

Post by HarukaYuki » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:24 pm

Thought I'd share a Replay. Close battle.. =x

<3 Youmu
Attachments
0420_2255_iku_youmu.rar
(4.77 KiB) Downloaded 277 times