Talk about whatever you want!
ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Pokemon X&Y (3DS)

Post by ArcticKitsune » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:36 am

If I may, I want to ask if 1) Are there any Pokemon trainers here - 2) Are you interested in the game?

I picked up Pokemon at R&B stage. I continued on until Crystal, dropped out until B&W & B&W2. Something is keeping me hooked and I'm loving the news of Pokemon X & Y announcement. I see that Nintendo finally got the memo to go 3D but they seem to have missed the whole "All regions as one" note. Lovin' how they polished up the Pokemon world. I feel like I can actually connect to X&Y's world compared to the others. It feels more lively and welcoming for some reason.

I'm interested because:
- Fennekin - Fire starter - Fox Pokemon.
- Character customization.
- The 3D change.
- Nice beautiful world!

I don't have a 3DS but I just might get one so I can play this and try out Animal Crossing. Who else is interested and what is your history? Well, if you want to discuss that or not, and if you have one with Pokemon.

(Let's see if any posts or not...you better!)

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Re: Pokemon X&Y (3DS)

Post by Shiaoran » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:08 am

- I'll wait for Z version, it's sure to come XD
- Will only purchase it if they include baby Kangaskhan!

Hopefully this game is different enough, recycling the same game has kept me from purchasing anything since Fire Red/Leaf Green. (I've enjoyed some spin-offs though, specially PokePark Wii where it shows a whole new level of realism)

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:02 am

I have to say, I'm a bit interested in seeing how Pokemon X and Y end up. Might be the boost Nintendo needs to really push the 3DS.

Klinkin
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Eukrante

Post by Klinkin » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:41 am

Eh, Pokémon kinda died for me after third gen. I started playing with Crystal, and Ruby has been my favorite since release. I think the franchise would have been fine without all these new Pokémon; I can't even be bothered to learn any from the fifth generation. What I am excited for, though, is the likelihood that all these advancements in X and Y will likely carry over into the Ruby/Sapphire remakes, two games which I am excited for (and surprised they still haven't been announced yet).

yumgry
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Yoko

Post by yumgry » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:46 pm

LOVE POKEMON SO MUCH :headbang:

And I love Fennekin!
This signature is so like, awesome.

NO SHINKI'S D:

Wishlist: Brightfeather, Pomock, Waffebunny, Zyrdarya, Juvisy, Yoko, MMS body

Adventwings
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 11
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Adventwings » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:38 pm

I've been an avid trainer since Red and Blue. I still have the cartridge, too. Played every single gen up to B&W. I still haven't finished B&W, though, so I haven't tried B&W 2 as of yet.

My favorite has always been the G/S/C gen, even moreso HG&SS remakes. Still gotta finish up that game, though... At least I can boast that I got nearly 90% Pokedex completion in Crystal. Just needed to level up a few I had in the boxes.

But I'm hoping they're not trying too hard to get a release out and over-saturate the hype. I mean, how long has it been since they released B&W2? A year? I also need a 3DS to play these new games properly, too. (Ha.)
<<Should you fail, try and try again.>>

rubixbox
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: You mean owned or..?

Post by rubixbox » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:25 pm

To be honest, I'm kind of dissapointed that they didn't do a "Pokemon Grey" for the latest generation, instead going for releasing B&W 2. I know it would make more money to have two games instead of the one exclusive, but it kind of bugs me that there might not be a single handheld game that has all of the legendaries, both Kyurem variations, and some exclusive new legendary as a mascot (though they might do that later, only time will tell). It's almost like they want Black and White to be separate games, probably to fit with the whole "Yin and Yang" theme that Zekrom and Reshiram have.

Back on topic, I'm not really interested in the next generation of Pokemon, but I'm interested in seeing the legendaries, and what sort of theme they might have.