Talk about whatever you want!
ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Minecraft FTB Mod Pack

Post by ArcticKitsune » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:06 am

Hey guys! Just a bit on the addicted side so I thought I'd try poking to see who else has it, and to see what they're up to.

----

Homepage:
http://feed-the-beast.com/

(Tekkit, but with permission and quality. It is fresh from the mod makers themselves.)
-----

Previously played on the FTB default Mod Pack (A) that had IC2, Buildcraft, Mystcraft, TwilightForest, Railcraft, Stevecarts, Extrabiomes and etc. It was missing Redpower 2 & Thaumcraft however so haven't used it all that much. Was so much fun until a pack update corrupted my map I wanted to keep forever. Was pissed.

Now using the Mindcrack Pack on a new map with twice the enhanced gameplay experience. Simply awesome and fun; highly addicting. It has what the default pack had, and more. Currently screwing around with the semi-buggy Traincraft mod within it and the Turtles that help you mine. So damn awesome! Glad Redpower 2 was added because I get to now play with marble, basalt, and sickles again. All those circuits and such. Volcanoes anyone? Those were fun on my previous main map.

Got a nice train supply line up and running with the single train I have there. Not just any train, an actual train that isn't a Minecart. It is a steam train requiring fire and water. Love how I can control it and poke it where I want to go. Sadly, I don't know how to make freight cars, have to use storage carts for the time being. Not all that teched up at the moment because I'm more focused about upping a supply line for resources and building a nice route to the east for my Capital City :).

The things FTB adds (especially the Mindcrack pack) is overwhelmingly fun. The Twilight Forest itself gives you days of fun. All the new mobs along with dungeons is a nice welcoming edition.

-----

Alright, rambling over....Too addicted. Who else has it? For those that don't should give FTB a whirl. Just choose a pack and let loose!