Talk about whatever you want!
ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Konami unplugs English Busou Site

Post by ArcticKitsune » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:21 pm

Note sure where to place this and maybe this is already known so I'll simply place this here....Maybe you guys new since Moon Angel caused Konami to update their site?

http://www.konami-data.com/officialsites/BusouShinki/

404 domain error. The English site has been pulled so I'll take this as a middle finger to the English speaking community directly from Konami. Wow.....Wonder if it was something I said or if they just dislike North Americans in general for the licking of the fish, Americans robbing taxi drivers, and the like....From a business standpoint they could of simply released Battlemasters as a digital download on PSN if they wanted to reach us foreigners.

Been told that Konami once had an American Konami store somewhere in America yet it got pulled, then this. All the stores (retail & online) are struggling to stock Shinki's. I'm curious to know if Konami actually cares or half-assingly just going with it. Hmm...

Ouch.........

Edit: Maybe I was a bit too harsh, but this took me by surprise so it's only natural.
Last edited by ArcticKitsune on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Re: Konami unplugs English Busou Site

Post by Storm Wing » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:42 pm

FFFFFFFFFF~!! :headboom: Why, Konami, WHY~!!??
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

arhra
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 38
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altines

Post by arhra » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:12 pm

I doubt there was any malice involved, just a simple business decision - they're not making any effort to appeal directly to the English-speaking market any more (and even when they did, it was pretty half-assed), and I highly doubt that the page gets much traffic, so it simply wasn't worth maintaining.

In fact, a quick look at the site via the wayback machine seems to indicate that it was never really updated anyway, unless there was something in the now-broken flash object more recent than the two updates dating back to 2007 that are the only other visible content... also it seems to have been a 404 as far back as July at least, and no-one noticed until now, which probably says something about its relevance.

ArcticKitsune
Class S Shinki
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge & Kohiru

Post by ArcticKitsune » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:18 pm

Maybe I did word that harshly, but ya, noted.

When I was keeping tabs on it I noticed the site keeping up-to-date with the new Shinki releases. It added Rapitas and her wave sister. After that, I couldn't tell if it was updated or not because everybody was mostly bouncing around the Japanese sites.
also it seems to have been a 404 as far back as July at least, and no-one noticed until now, which probably says something about its relevance.
Hmm.....Maybe, maybe not. Cat is our news person and s/he tends to spot things swiftly. We also have very observant people so I doubt it is that. Or maybe we truly don't care about Shinki's as we let on? :P

Mikuo_Hatsune
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 163
MMS owned: 13
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Murmeltier

Post by Mikuo_Hatsune » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:30 am

just remember their target market is inside Japan, not outside of it
Don't Follow Me On Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/ODST813

Lock Cade
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 56
MMS owned: 4
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Strarf, Partio

Post by Lock Cade » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:26 pm

Wow, that stinks.

If only Konami knew just how many of us North Americans are into Busou Shinki. I know they're targeting the Shinki market right in Japan, but still...

Canthros
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Canthros » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:26 am

I think I'm most surprised that they bothered to unplug the site. I don't think they've done any official business with the brand outside of Japan since Diamond gave up carrying them.
TRANS+CRAZY wrote:If only Konami knew just how many of us North Americans are into Busou Shinki.
Assuming they don't know, we're still pretty much talking about the population of this message board. (Bearing in mind that some North American Shinki fans/enthusiasts aren't members here, but also that a substantial portion of the members here aren't North American, either.) It's not really enough people to justify the business venture.

Not to rain on anybody's parade, mind you, but it's important to keep perspective on these things. Japanese companies do have some ... curious decision-making strategies, from time to time, but there can't be a lot of money in selling figures to a group of less than a thousand people. Especially when we've all shown that we're already willing to import (either directly or indirectly) through a third party, anyway.

Zress Tayasu
Class C Shinki
Shinkis owned: 8
MMS owned: 8
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ach <3

Post by Zress Tayasu » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:33 pm

" we're still pretty much talking about the population of this message board. "

assumes, quite egotistically, that all non-japanese shinkifans lurk here. to say nothing of the anonymii on /toy/, there's bound to be plenty who don't feel much drive to join a community bout it.

Takashi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: ACH

Post by Takashi » Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Don't forget that there are lots of fans that don't sit on forums or boards.

Shiaoran
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 47
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Altlene

Post by Shiaoran » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:44 pm

You guys are thinking too hard about a guesstimative about how few the non-Japanese-speaking Shinki fans are.