Talk about whatever you want!
Canthros
Class A Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Konami unplugs English Busou Site

Post by Canthros » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Zress is misreading what I said and making uncalled-for assumptions about how I said it. :rolleyes:

Anyway, while I don't think a forum population is good as an exact measure, I do think it's a viable proxy. Especially when we're the second result in Google, right after Wikipedia. It's hardly exact, but it doesn't really argue in favor of a large, untapped market, right now. (If the games and animation imply strong success in Japan, though, there's no reason that couldn't cross over, but it's no guarantee it would, either.)

shizen22
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 25
MMS owned: 2
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Renge

Post by shizen22 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:35 pm

The Japanese Shinki market is a fairly niche market to begin with (which is part of the reason Shinki are so expensive nowadays). The foreign market is even more niche so, like people here said already, it doesn't make good business sense to go after said foreign market. Add to that the current yen rate, which pretty much seals any chance whatsoever of Konami ever trying to make a comeback in the US market.

Frankly, I'm surprised Konami took so long to unplug the English site but that speaks more to the lack of good management at Konami more than anything else.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Asuka

Post by Storm Wing » Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:30 pm

shizen22 wrote:The Japanese Shinki market is a fairly niche market to begin with (which is part of the reason Shinki are so expensive nowadays). The foreign market is even more niche so, like people here said already, it doesn't make good business sense to go after said foreign market. Add to that the current yen rate, which pretty much seals any chance whatsoever of Konami ever trying to make a comeback in the US market.

Frankly, I'm surprised Konami took so long to unplug the English site but that speaks more to the lack of good management at Konami more than anything else.
^Quoted for truth. Why they don't go internationally?? I mean, sure Japanese market is best. But it would be better if you got the WHOLE world as your market.
Cut! Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut cut CUT!!
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Takashi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: ACH

Post by Takashi » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Storm Wing wrote:
shizen22 wrote:The Japanese Shinki market is a fairly niche market to begin with (which is part of the reason Shinki are so expensive nowadays). The foreign market is even more niche so, like people here said already, it doesn't make good business sense to go after said foreign market. Add to that the current yen rate, which pretty much seals any chance whatsoever of Konami ever trying to make a comeback in the US market.

^Quoted for truth. Why they don't go internationally?? I mean, sure Japanese market is best. But it would be better if you got the WHOLE world as your market.
I presume, the cost of creating at least english versions of major products won't pay up...thats why.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:44 am

Takashi wrote:I presume, the cost of creating at least english versions of major products won't pay up...thats why.
But just look at some English version of Japanese products. Hatsune Miku vocaloid software, for example. Or SHF Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z) from SDCC. Well i do admit some failure... *looks at some Transformers title that i CANNOT mention* ^^;;
Spin the vermin, reverse the guilt. Reverse the birth, reverse the world. Spin spin spinspinspinSPIN~~~!

Takashi
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 10
Favorite MMS/Shinki: ACH

Post by Takashi » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:12 pm

Storm Wing wrote:
Takashi wrote:I presume, the cost of creating at least english versions of major products won't pay up...thats why.
But just look at some English version of Japanese products. Hatsune Miku vocaloid software, for example. Or SHF Son Goku (Dragon Ball Z) from SDCC. Well i do admit some failure... *looks at some Transformers title that i CANNOT mention* ^^;;
Vocaloid or Touhou paradox is a things I cannot explain myself...I'm not into DB so cannot argue here
TF was interntional title to begin with.

shizen22
Class S Shinki

Post by shizen22 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:33 pm

Storm Wing wrote:

I thought I quite clearly explained why in the post you quoted. Where did I go wrong? orz
Yup yup.

There is no English version of Hatsune Miku, btw. There's English fandom but not the product itself. :p There's also a much bigger Miku fandom in Japan compared to Shinki and that reflects in a much bigger English fandom for Miku as well. You really can't compare Shinki to Miku because of that.

Storm Wing
Class S Shinki

Post by Storm Wing » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:12 am

shizen22 wrote:I thought I quite clearly explained why in the post you quoted. Where did I go wrong? orz
No, no, i'm saying that they should go pursuing global market. Well, in my own language.
shizen22 wrote:There is no English version of Hatsune Miku, btw. There's English fandom but not the product itself. :p There's also a much bigger Miku fandom in Japan compared to Shinki and that reflects in a much bigger English fandom for Miku as well. You really can't compare Shinki to Miku because of that.
I read about an article in S@nk@kuC0mplex about Miku in English version. It says if the votes for it breaking through 39-something (thousand? Hundred?), then it will be released. And apparently, some time after that article, the votes already hit the target, thus it WILL be released. (so yeah, not yet released, i guess...)

shizen22
Class S Shinki

Post by shizen22 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:27 pm

You'd find about as much truth on Sakaku as you would in your local tabloid paper. Take anything you read there with a grain of salt. :P