Talk about whatever you want!
OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

Character Art and Design help!

Post by OHWceta » Fri May 06, 2011 4:58 pm

So I'm writing a story. It's kinda Steampunkish/Sci-Fi but in a fictional world. The setting is very wild-west style in a desert with very little law in the area.

I've come up with most of my cast of characters but I'm having trouble with one of the characters. He's a villain character (relatively minor in the plot but important nonetheless.) What I need are some outfit ideas that suit the setting but work with the character as well.

Name: Gean "Pretzel" Switzer
Appearance: Very Tall (about 7ft), slender build, he appears "stretched" to abnormal proportions.Pale skin, purple hued eyes, black hair with silver highlights that goes down to the middle of his back.
Prefered Colors: Blue, White
Special Powers: His arms and legs can stretch about 50% past their 'normal' length. His skeleton is rubbery allowing him to contort into many abnormal positions (Thus his nickname 'pretzel')
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

star
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Ianeira

Re: Character Art and Design help!

Post by star » Sun May 08, 2011 10:32 pm

OHWceta wrote:So I'm writing a story. It's kinda Steampunkish/Sci-Fi but in a fictional world. The setting is very wild-west style in a desert with very little law in the area.

I've come up with most of my cast of characters but I'm having trouble with one of the characters. He's a villain character (relatively minor in the plot but important nonetheless.) What I need are some outfit ideas that suit the setting but work with the character as well.

Name: Gean "Pretzel" Switzer
Appearance: Very Tall (about 7ft), slender build, he appears "stretched" to abnormal proportions.Pale skin, purple hued eyes, black hair with silver highlights that goes down to the middle of his back.
Prefered Colors: Blue, White
Special Powers: His arms and legs can stretch about 50% past their 'normal' length. His skeleton is rubbery allowing him to contort into many abnormal positions (Thus his nickname 'pretzel')
id look at stuf from onepeice for such a task, they have some similar sounding characters

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Wed May 18, 2011 12:33 pm

Now I'm looking for hairstyle suggestions.

Name: Mark
Appearance: Average height, athletic build, robotic right arm.
Special Powers: He can swap out his robotic hand for various weapons. Arm is also about 4x the normal human arm strength.

Mark once belong to a wealthy family from a long line of oil tycoons. Most of his life was shelter living in his mansion. But one day, wanting to see the world, Mark escaped. As he found his way to the slums he began to see the truth behind his family's company and how they were exploiting the people for thier wealth. Mark eventually joined a band of mercenaries to take down his family and return the wealth back to the people.

So what I'm going for here is something that looks kind of prestigious but also shows his fall from wealth into a life of mercenaries and thugs.
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Wed May 18, 2011 7:58 pm

OHWceta wrote:Now I'm looking for hairstyle suggestions.

Name: Mark
Appearance: Average height, athletic build, robotic right arm.
Special Powers: He can swap out his robotic hand for various weapons. Arm is also about 4x the normal human arm strength.

Mark once belong to a wealthy family from a long line of oil tycoons. Most of his life was shelter living in his mansion. But one day, wanting to see the world, Mark escaped. As he found his way to the slums he began to see the truth behind his family's company and how they were exploiting the people for thier wealth. Mark eventually joined a band of mercenaries to take down his family and return the wealth back to the people.

So what I'm going for here is something that looks kind of prestigious but also shows his fall from wealth into a life of mercenaries and thugs.
try something like hiro's hair from princess resurection or maybe tsukune's from rosario+vampire (P.S. this story line sounds alot like the story of Leina Vance, just sayin')

OHWceta
Class S Shinki

Post by OHWceta » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Does anyone know like a site or place I can look at to get some hairstyle references? I know I could juat use google but I need to find something that specifically focuses on hair.

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Post by Caterwaul » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Not really. You could try trolling through an image board like safebooru though.

star
Class S Shinki

Post by star » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:35 pm

Caterwaul wrote:Not really. You could try trolling through an image board like safebooru though.
i believe multiple how to draw books also specialize in manga/anime hair techniques as well as that you could just litterally type "anime hair" into google images and probably find thousands of results :schmetterling: