So I had this here idea.

Talk about whatever you want!
nanashi
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Multi-Genre Arnval
Location: Hel- Wait, changed the name to Texas when? Oh. K. Texas.

So I had this here idea.

Post by nanashi » Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:03 am

Just an idea I had for a story or RP. Critisism welcome. If I get enough positive feedback, I will try and get an RP going. If not, meh, I will just write a personal story.

(GENERAL IDEA. Just the general outline, as I thought it up and explained it to a buddy of mine and in the cbox.)

Alright, so, there are like, this group of people. And they cannot die unless one of the other members of the group kills them. They aren't super powered or anything, though they tend to have picked up soem fighting skills or other survival skills in their lives, you know? But yeah. The only thing that makes them different from normal people is that when they die, they just come back to life a bit later, unless one of their brothers/sisters kills them. Most of them are happy living this way. BUT, a few of them have made a group together and decided that their power is madness, and are working to kill off all their brothers and sisters.

(RULES. Just kinda guidelines and other specific thoughts I had. I will probably add mroe as I think them up.)

One immortal cannot kill themselves. They simply come back to life as if killed normally. An immortal can only die if killed by another immortal.

The 'bad guys' are a mix of insane immortals who believe the immortal condition is the fruits of some sort of evil, and corrupt immortals who want to kill off all the others and use their immortality to rule and shit, and are jsut playign along with the insane ones.

If an immortal is killed in any way not performed by another immortal, their body takes time to regenerate and for them to wake back up. This amount of time depends on how they were killed. A bullet to the chest will take a short amount of time. Having their head cut off would take much longer. Being melted in acid would take years.

The 'bad guys' are just that. Bad. It doesn't matter if an immortal is just coming into their power and appear very young, or are old and infirmed. They will be slaughtered without any remorse.

The 'good guys' are just a group of immortals who have decided to stand up. Be they protective of their brothers and sisters, seeing the 'bad guys' as an evil who msut be destroyed, simply do not want to die, or are similar to the corrupt members of the 'bad guys'.

The immortals are a small group compared to the number of normal people on earth, but there are easily a couple of thousand of them. A good half of them have decided to stay out of the battle, foolish, as the 'bad guys' have no problem slaughtering them while they claim neutrality.

Noone knows what brings about the immortality condition. Immortals are not sterile, but their children rarely are immortal as well, though it is within the realm of possibility that they will become one, though the odds are astronomical.

Immortals ageing is very odd. After the age of fifteen, they decide when they want to stop aging. They can not reverse the agign process though, so if a man decides to stop aging at fourty, he cannot change his mind after he is fourty, and decide he wants to look twenty.

Some immortals simply decide they wish to die. To do this, they either seek out one of their immortal brothers/sisters and ask to be killed, or they kill themselves in such a way that it destroys their body and keeps them from regenerating for a long time. They might change their mind, after all.
ImageImageImageImage

nanashi
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Multi-Genre Arnval
Location: Hel- Wait, changed the name to Texas when? Oh. K. Texas.

So I had ANOTHER idea.

Post by nanashi » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:16 pm

So today I jsut sat down and started thinking. This idea is a bit different than the last one, in that it's not for RP or stories, but just some ramblings and thoughts I had. Enjoy? Maybe. Have fun? You probably will. Read on. Tell me what you think.

Have you ever had some sort of sudden revelation that just strikes you dumb, and leaves you feeling small? Or maybe a thought that leaves everything feeling... bigger? Just a simple thought llike "this town is bigger than I thought." Then that thought turns out much bigger. "Huh. Now that I think about it, there's a lot more to this state than I thought." Then that grows finally into "this planet... it's so damn big." Six and a half billion human beings on the planet. More species of animals than we can imagine, and more being discovered.

The human blood system, the nervous system, all of it, so maddeningly complex. Then consider, almost every creature on the planet has systems just as complex, some of them even more so. A chameleon blending into the background. A firefly lighting up the area around itself. Compared to that, the human being is a simple thing. And then, that's just the planet Earth. Think about what could be on other planets, or in other solar systems, or other galaxies, other universes, other diminsions?

A belief I have always had is that there are infinite other dimensions. And if they are truely infinite, then anything that can happen, anything that could ever be thought of, IS. A world where I Dream of Jeanie is real. One where JFK was never shot. One where you're the president. Anything that could possibly happen is in atleast one of the worlds. In different ways, at different times. Two worlds could be perfectly parrallel.

In the both of them, a man trips and falls. Except in one it happens at 12:25:05, in the other he falls at 12:25:06. There could be infinite worlds where that same thing happens, just at a second off in time. Think of that. Millions of worlds where the only difference is the exact second a man trips and falls. Then a million more for each of those where the only difference is how long it takes him to fall. A million more for each of those where the only difference is how bad he scrapes his palm when he catches himself.

It's impossible to fathom, no matter how intelligent you are. If a person things too deep on that, trieing to map out the infinite number of possibilities and worlds, they could break. Maybe it's jsut me who has these sorts of thoughts, but they drive me half mad sometimes. Millions of worlds where the only difference is when a leaf falls out of a tree. Each one of those has millions where the only difference is how it twists in the air. Millions for each of those where the only difference is how long it takes to fall!

Worlds where the planet was destroyed by a meteor. Before man even gained a hold over the world. Before the first weapon was used. Before the first horse was tamed. Before the first wagon built. Before the first car was built. Before man got to space. Ten years from now. Ten months. A century. Maybe a few seconds.

Worlds where I'm not even bothering to write this. Worlds where there's a tiny typo. Worlds where this little article might change the world. Worlds where it's never even seen. To capture all these worlds in your mind's eye would be impossible for the human brain. Maybe in another world it's possible, but I don't think in this one though. Can you even begin to imagine? Do you care? Maybe you should, maybe this is important, or maybe it's not even worth a second thought.

These thoughts first came to me when I was sitting in my room, lounging on my bed and staring at my ceiling. It just sorta came to me in the same order I noted earlier. Then I just kept thinking, and have been thinking ever since. Maybe it's an original thought, and noone has gotten to it before, or maybe it's well known and I just don't know it. Hell, maybe some kid is sitting in his room right now, thinking the same things I am.
ImageImageImageImage

blade_anime
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: All of mine

Re: So I had this here idea.

Post by blade_anime » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:46 pm

You forgot the exception: in none of the worlds is Sheldon Cooper dancing.