MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Masurao

RPing

Post by OHWceta » Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Who else here is an RP fan?

What kinds of RPs do you prefer?
Genre?
Forum or IM?
OCs or characters from published universes?
Do you like your RPs similar to life? (School RPs, ect) Or not true-to-life (Fantasy, Adventure, Sci-Fi)?
Do you generally RP with short posts to allow quick reactions from other RPers or do your posts have to be AT LEAST a paragraph long full of intricate detail?
Do you prefer 1-on-1 RPs with minimal characters or an RP with a full cast of as many characters as possible?
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

nanashi
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 3
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Multi-Genre Arnval
Location: Hel- Wait, changed the name to Texas when? Oh. K. Texas.

Re: RPing

Post by nanashi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 am

I AM I AM.

Ahem.
I'm a fan of fantasy, and Naruto. I dislike the Naruto manga and anime, but it makes a good RP base. I also like fantasy wars, commanding troops. That's fun.
Fantasy mostly.
I do both, no prefference.
OCs.
Not true to life.
Depends on the RP. Just for fun can be anything, but a good RP RP requires atleast a paragraph per post, anything less is insulting!
I don't have a prefference when it comes to number of peoples.
ImageImageImageImage

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9

Post by OHWceta » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:29 pm

So if you dislike the Naruto animes and Manga where do you get info on the series to use as a base for an RP?

I always prefered RPs with shorter posts, depending on the ammount of characters, though I'm getting better at including more details in the posts, I try to keep the ammount of action per post minimal to allow the other RPers to react. (Like for example I wont list of a full string of attacks in a fight during a single post.)
Like to RP? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome. If we don't have something you like feel free to add it.

Glace Leau
MMS Naked
Shinkis owned: 7
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: White Strarf

Post by Glace Leau » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:08 am

Who else here is an RP fan? I am, but I haven't in a while, since the last forum I was in died.

What kinds of RPs do you prefer?
Character-driven ones? I don't care too much for ones where your character is assigned this particular role in this particular plot.
Genre? Err, I dunno? I like a slight fantasy element and a calm setting. I like RPing confrontations, but not battle-oriented RPs.
Forum or IM? Forum. I'm really slow and easily distracted.
OCs or characters from published universes? I used to mostly play published-universe characters but lately I've developed my own characters more and am itching to play them.
Do you like your RPs similar to life? (School RPs, ect) Or not true-to-life (Fantasy, Adventure, Sci-Fi)? Uhh, not so true-to-life, I guess? Never liked school AUs.
Do you generally RP with short posts to allow quick reactions from other RPers or do your posts have to be AT LEAST a paragraph long full of intricate detail? I'm pretty easygoing about it. I usually aim for at least two paragraphs but it depends on what's going on. Fleshed-out posts are nice, but if you have four paragraphs of introspection, that's a lot of time on something that can't be responded to! I do get annoyed when the post gives you nothing to go on, I aim for at least one thing that should illicit a reaction.

Also, I'm slow so if I post under a paragraph and that's all they have to go on for a day that's a pretty boring RP.
Do you prefer 1-on-1 RPs with minimal characters or an RP with a full cast of as many characters as possible? I don't really care as long as everyone can keep what's going on clear.

OHWceta
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 9

Post by OHWceta » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:09 pm

Care to join my site? I need members.