Talk about whatever you want!
Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki
Shinkis owned: 31
MMS owned: 1
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Arnval

Soul Shinkis -OR- Shinki Calibur

Post by Hylian Pirate » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:59 am

I'm not sure where this goes... I don't have any pics, so I don't think Show and Tell is quite right, and I can't in good conscience put it in the Creativity Corner, because while create-a-character systems are somewhat creative, it doesn't take that much talent to manipulate them...

ANYWAY! I picked up Soulcalibur: Broken Destiny for the PSP a little while back. For those who don't know, this is like Soulcalibur IV Lite. All of the guest characters are gone, replaced by newcomer Dampierre and special guest Kratos from the God of War series. However, the Create-a-Soul system is largely intact. I was trying to draw some inspiration for some neat characters (mainly because I had already run out of characters from other video games, and I couldn't get the F/SN Servants quite right... *ahem!*) and I thought that Arnval and Strarf would make a really cool pair of opposing Valkyrie-type characters! Of course, the actual armor is almost impossible to reproduce, so it was more like a concept. Arnval was made out to be an "Angel" and Strarf a "Demon." However, the color schemes and hair/faces speak volumes, I think. After taking on Busou Shinki as a character inspiration, here's what I came up with... By the way, these should work for the "big" versions of SCIV, too...

Arnval
Style: Sophitia
Weapon: Omega Sword and Elk Shield (2P)
Female Face 1
Hair: Long 9: 10,09
Eyes: 4: 36, 22

(all equipment is WHITE [any]: 01, 01)
Undergarment: Tanned Leather Armor
Head: Siren's Helm
Upper: Hero King's Breastplate
Shoulder: Atlanta's Spaulders
Arm: Snow Camellia Gauntlets
Lower: ---/Belle Skirt
Leg: Goddess Guards
Acc1: Feathered Wings
Acc2:Hero King's Fauld/Pure Ring

Strarf
Style: Cassandra
Weapon: Dark Blade
Female Face 1
Hair: Cat Tails 1: 39, 17
Eyes: 4: 02, 12

(all equipment is BLACK [any]: 01, 32)
Undergarment: Bong-seon Underwear
Head: Grim Horn
Upper: Caretaker's Breastplate
Shoulder: Tiger Pauldrons
Arm: Bladed Armets
Lower: ---
Leg: Death's Boots
Acc1: Spiked Collar
Acc2: Death's Cuisse

Xiphos
Style: Seigfried
Weapon: Soul Calibur (2P)/Requiem
Female Face 3
Hair: Ornamental Orient 4: 08, 21
Eyes: 6: 43, 08

Undergarment: Chain Mail 9: 40, 31
Head: Atlanta's Hairband 4: 44, 16
(adjustment, from top to bottom: 0, 4, -6, 24, 33, 0, -46, 0, 0)
Upper: Princess Breastplate 4: 44, 16
Shoulder: Goddess Spaulders 4: 44, 16
Arm: Paladin's Gauntlets 4: 44, 16
Leg: Paladin's Greaves 4: 44, 16
Acc1: ---
Acc2: Asura Tassets

Bright Feather (lolwut?)
Style: Xianghua/Talim
Weapon: Kopis/Double Crescent Blade
Female Face 1
Hair: Unkempt 4: 04, 30
Eyes: 4: 08, 25

Undergarment: ---
Head: Nurse's Cap 9: 28, 08
Upper: Nurse's Uniform 9: 28, 08
Shoulder: ---
Arm: Atlanta's Long Gloves [WHITE]
Leg: Princess Shoes [WHITE]
Acc1: Flower Hairpin (Left) 9: 01, 13
(adjustments: 0, 0, 4, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)
Acc2: Oval Glasses [WHITE]
(adjust: 0, 4, -1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0)

I had fun with this, and I hope someone else can, too. I am, sadly, out of slots on this file (Only 16? Really?), but I'm in a Create-a-character sort of mood, so I may decide to do more by downloading a complete save from GameFAQs or something. So, hey! This is now a Create-a-Character General thread! Soulcalibur, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon and all others welcome! All the better if it's Busou Shinki, but this is in the General Discussion board, so I guess anything goes, right?

Caterwaul
News Reporter
Shinkis owned: 0
MMS owned: 0
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Howling

Re: Soul Shinkis -OR- Shinki Calibur

Post by Caterwaul » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:41 am

I remember Dila did some of this with SCIV. Dont remember where he put the results, though.

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki

Post by Hylian Pirate » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:42 pm

Well, damn... Here I thought I'd gone and done something original! :lol: Anyway, if you do come up with them (or if DZ sees this and wants to share!), I'd love to see what else has been done! ...Maybe we could compare notes?

Other Shinki are kinda tough to come up with. I've got an idea for a Seong Mi-na based Graffias though. I'm not sure what all will go into her (though it's not that much... 'cause, you know, Graffias...), but I made a great discovery when I realized I could use Atlanta's Headband as a blindfold of sorts. Thus far, this has been used on a Rider, but Graffias is the next logical choice...

So I think I need a PS3. There are more than enough next gen games out there that I want to play. The problem is that I didn't get a PS2. I... I had a Gamecube... I had to! I needed my Zelda fix! And Metroid Prime was too cool to pass up! *ahem!* So, having missed out on the PS2, I was wondering if anyone knows where to look for one of the backwards compatible models. I know there are only three, and that they're hard to find, but I've convinced myself that it'll be worth it. My Wii tries hard, but I find myself face-palming more and more at the new titles for it... But hey! It looks like I at least have Zelda and Metroid to look forward to... again...

rytearik
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 14
MMS owned: 3
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Mizuki

Post by rytearik » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:38 am

Hylian Pirate wrote:Well, damn... Here I thought I'd gone and done something original! :lol: Anyway, if you do come up with them (or if DZ sees this and wants to share!), I'd love to see what else has been done! ...Maybe we could compare notes?

Other Shinki are kinda tough to come up with. I've got an idea for a Seong Mi-na based Graffias though. I'm not sure what all will go into her (though it's not that much... 'cause, you know, Graffias...), but I made a great discovery when I realized I could use Atlanta's Headband as a blindfold of sorts. Thus far, this has been used on a Rider, but Graffias is the next logical choice...

So I think I need a PS3. There are more than enough next gen games out there that I want to play. The problem is that I didn't get a PS2. I... I had a Gamecube... I had to! I needed my Zelda fix! And Metroid Prime was too cool to pass up! *ahem!* So, having missed out on the PS2, I was wondering if anyone knows where to look for one of the backwards compatible models. I know there are only three, and that they're hard to find, but I've convinced myself that it'll be worth it. My Wii tries hard, but I find myself face-palming more and more at the new titles for it... But hey! It looks like I at least have Zelda and Metroid to look forward to... again...

Even the most backward compatible of the PS3 is still not completely compatible :\

You can go here and I'm pretty sure it will tell you if the game you want to play is
compatible with which system if at all ^^;

http://us.playstation.com/support/compatiblestatus/

But probably everything is going to have a bug somewhere ;_; so we just bought
a new PS2, they're only 100$, so it's like buying a limited shinki XD lol.

Plus currently there aren't too many good PS3 games :X

DilaZirK
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by DilaZirK » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:00 pm

You managed to create Arnval? I don't suppose you got pics, cause I'd love to see that! I could never get her right... >_<

I did a grand total of one Shinki, here she is:

I also did one of Saber for good measure.

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki

Post by Hylian Pirate » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:21 am

As it turns out, I did end up getting a PS3 and the proper version of SCIV, only to find out that half the stuff I used on my female characters in Broken Destiny is either not available for use or male only. This upset me to no end. Therefore, my SCIV Arnval looks like a white-armored Sophitia.

I tell ya, I complained about there only being one color slider for most of the pieces in Broken Destiny (some had two! wow!), but the trade off is that there were so many more pieces available to both genders. It's nice to have up to four changeable colors on the console version, but the actual selection seems a bit lacking by comparison. But I digress... No, I don't have any pics (unless someone wants to direct me to a PS3 screenshot tool), but I'll be glad to post my formula. By the way, this is subject to change, as I haven't had the motivation to grind for the gold to unlock everything...

ARNVAL

Body: +13, -15
Voice: 3, +24
Hair: Long
Face: 1
Hair Color: 7: 10, 09
Eyebrows: 1: 12, 27
Eyes: 9: 42, 18
Skin: 3: 08, 06
Base Equipment: [WHITE]

Head: Siren's Helm ([BLACK], [WHITE], 7: 10, 09)
Neck: Feathered Wings ([WHITE])
Shoulders: Pauldrons ([WHITE], [BLACK])
Undergarments: Tanned Leather Armor ([WHITE])
Upper: Tortoise Curiass ([WHITE], [BLACK])
Arm: Lily Armlets ([WHITE], [BLACK], [BLACK])
Lower: Goddess Fauld ([WHITE], [BLACK], [BLACK], [WHITE])
Legs: Goddess Greaves ([WHITE], [BLACK], [WHITE], [WHITE])

I also toyed around with the idea of a gold trim instead of black. It worked pretty well, but Arnval is white with mostly black accents, so I opted to stay true to that.

The other thing I don't like so much about the console version is that your armor choices affect your character stats. This setup leaves Arnval with only 95% HP, and I'm not OK with that. I mean, I could replace the Tanned Leather Armor with Atlanta's Stockings for 104%, but I like the way she looks now. I mean, sure, no two characters are going to be the same, but did they have to make it affect HP? Why not Attack, Defense, and Speed? Sure, her 130% Def kinda helps her, but I hate starting a round with less than a full health bar. It just feels like a handicap. And a handicap is something I do not need at all...

DilaZirK
Class B Shinki
Shinkis owned: 5
MMS owned: 5
Favorite MMS/Shinki: Partio

Post by DilaZirK » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:55 am

Hylian Pirate wrote:As it turns out, I did end up getting a PS3 and the proper version of SCIV, only to find out that half the stuff I used on my female characters in Broken Destiny is either not available for use or male only. This upset me to no end. Therefore, my SCIV Arnval looks like a white-armored Sophitia.

I tell ya, I complained about there only being one color slider for most of the pieces in Broken Destiny (some had two! wow!), but the trade off is that there were so many more pieces available to both genders. It's nice to have up to four changeable colors on the console version, but the actual selection seems a bit lacking by comparison. But I digress... No, I don't have any pics (unless someone wants to direct me to a PS3 screenshot tool), but I'll be glad to post my formula. By the way, this is subject to change, as I haven't had the motivation to grind for the gold to unlock everything...

ARNVAL

Body: +13, -15
Voice: 3, +24
Hair: Long
Face: 1
Hair Color: 7: 10, 09
Eyebrows: 1: 12, 27
Eyes: 9: 42, 18
Skin: 3: 08, 06
Base Equipment: [WHITE]

Head: Siren's Helm ([BLACK], [WHITE], 7: 10, 09)
Neck: Feathered Wings ([WHITE])
Shoulders: Pauldrons ([WHITE], [BLACK])
Undergarments: Tanned Leather Armor ([WHITE])
Upper: Tortoise Curiass ([WHITE], [BLACK])
Arm: Lily Armlets ([WHITE], [BLACK], [BLACK])
Lower: Goddess Fauld ([WHITE], [BLACK], [BLACK], [WHITE])
Legs: Goddess Greaves ([WHITE], [BLACK], [WHITE], [WHITE])

I also toyed around with the idea of a gold trim instead of black. It worked pretty well, but Arnval is white with mostly black accents, so I opted to stay true to that.

The other thing I don't like so much about the console version is that your armor choices affect your character stats. This setup leaves Arnval with only 95% HP, and I'm not OK with that. I mean, I could replace the Tanned Leather Armor with Atlanta's Stockings for 104%, but I like the way she looks now. I mean, sure, no two characters are going to be the same, but did they have to make it affect HP? Why not Attack, Defense, and Speed? Sure, her 130% Def kinda helps her, but I hate starting a round with less than a full health bar. It just feels like a handicap. And a handicap is something I do not need at all...
Oh? I had assumed SCIV's character creation was almost identical to Broken Destiny...

Anyway, going by your description, it sounds like your Arnval is about the same as my attempt, which to me, doesn't really capture the essence of the character (the way I interpret her at least).

As for stats...do people actually play matches with stats on?

Hylian Pirate
Class S Shinki

Post by Hylian Pirate » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:52 am

DilaZirK wrote:As for stats...do people actually play matches with stats on?
I'm talking about single player stuff like the Tower. Online I go for the standard stuff. I use Xiphos (Siegfried) more often than not anyway. Of course, I do have a really great Piastol (Skies of Arcadia Legends) (Zasalamel) that I like to bust out every so.